UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999 - 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy Bear/Stuffed animal stories have been around since the 90’s

Not-very-randy Andy

"Andrew's bedroom and dressing room (were) an absolute time warp. Dozens of stuffed animals blanketed the bed, while pink teddies hugged each other atop a lamp." ("My Story")

THE DUCHESS

that article...is seriously one of the strangest ones that I have ever read Lol

Working for the RF is not a normal job and the rules don’t fall under labour laws as far as I know.
eta: and they’re in England.

The RF are employers and their employees have employment rights just like everyone else in the UK.
They're not 'serfs' or bound by a feudal system any more.

I couldn't imagine a worse job, but each to their own, if the ex maid wants to sing like a canary then I say good for her!
It's abusive to yell at employees.
If you want respect you should earn it and not automatically receive it just through right of birth. JMO

Last edited:
The RF are employers and their employees have employment rights just like everyone else in the UK.
They're not 'serfs' or bound by a feudal system any more.

I agree but the police wont become involved because he shouted at her...she should have gone to the personnel department but I am kind of unsure what she was most upset about. That he asked her to close the curtains or that he shouted because there was a gap in them? personally i wouldnt want to work for any of the family

I agree but the police wont become involved because he shouted at her...she should have gone to the personnel department but I am kind of unsure what she was most upset about. That he asked her to close the curtains or that he shouted because there was a gap in them? personally i wouldnt want to work for any of the family

Why would the Police get involved anyway? Have I missed something?

Last edited:
Teddy Bear/Stuffed animal stories have been around since the 90’s

Not-very-randy Andy

"Andrew's bedroom and dressing room (were) an absolute time warp. Dozens of stuffed animals blanketed the bed, while pink teddies hugged each other atop a lamp." ("My Story")

THE DUCHESS

MOO: TMI! If the toe thing wasn't bad enough... PA and Fergie deserve each other, in a twisted, quaint sort of way that Tim Burton would create on the big screen - but their daughters didn't deserve the neglect:

Fergie: "I always felt cheated of time with my daughters, felt permanently torn and guilty. It wrenched my heart when Beatrice asked her nanny, `Oh, why couldn't we go and live where Mummy lives?' Meaning the Palace, where I burrowed in for days at a time." ("My Story")

...or the continuous fallout:

The Duke of York spent the summer at Balmoral with his mother the Queen and his ex-wife, Sarah, Duchess of York, despite the arrival of his first grandchild earlier this month.

Princess Beatrice gave birth to her first child on September 18 - but it appears he has waited until 12 days after she entered the world, arriving at his Royal Lodge home yesterday evening.

MOO: After reading the bizarre Duchess of Doofus Street article, I think that it's a relief that PB won't have to testify at her father's civil trial. [edit: cleanup]

Last edited:
not at such no but it was said about abuse...and labor courts.....i guess thats a tribunal? and something about witnesses? i am totally confused lol

MOO: It's about former staff/security/colleagues providing insight into PA's character during the pre-trial stage. The media and the public gobble it up.

MOO: It's about former staff/security/colleagues providing insight into PA's character during the pre-trial stage. The media and the public gobble it up.
It is all OK what you wrote but...

What do you mean "Public gobble"???

Im public and I dont gobble anything - well, except my favourite vanilla ice cream :)

It sounds patronizing :(

But, as English is a foreign language for me - maybe I misunderstood.

It is all OK what you wrote but...

What do you mean "Public gobble"???

Im public and I dont gobble anything - well, except my favourite vanilla ice cream :)

It sounds patronizing :(

But, as English is a foreign language for me - maybe I misunderstood.

We are part of the public and we're gobbling it up - eating it up - as we argue over whether accounts about PA are accurate. There's no debate over whether he'd face legal consequences about treating staff like garbage, but whether he did in fact treat them that way. Like popcorn, we will need more and more of these stories until the trial day arrives. MOO: Nothing patronizing, it's just our nature.

We are part of the public and we're gobbling it up - eating it up - as we argue over whether accounts about PA are accurate. There's no debate over whether he'd face legal consequences about treating staff like garbage, but whether he did in fact treat them that way. Like popcorn, we will need more and more of these stories until the trial day arrives. MOO: Nothing patronizing, it's just our nature.
I see.
Navigating a foreign forum might be tricky sometimes b/c of "cultural differences" :)

For me "gobbling sth up" means:

Brainless mass is swallowing any rubbish thrown its way, like pelicans.
Hmmm
Thanks for explaining.
Im trying my best to understand everything :)

Nothing new.
The abusers always blame the victims.
That is their cowardly nature.

Are they cowards? We live in a rape culture, it is the global norm to victim blame. You know, what was she wearing? Why was she walking alone at night? Why didn't she leave him before he killed her, that's what I would've done! Why didn't she get help from the people around her? She'd still be alive if she had left him! 17 is legal, so clearly the trafficked woman chose to do it! Power dynamics? Please, the alleged victim is white trash, those girls are always looking to score! Who wouldn't sleep with a prince, I would! 15 year old girls are pretty sly and anyway, in many countries, it's legal to sleep with them no matter the man's age!

...and rape culture goes all the way to the top of the justice system. I could provide examples from many more countries around the world, but here's just a few to illustrate the point:

(US) Washington Post 2019 A 67-year-old was convicted of a sex crime. The judge said the child victims were ‘an aggressor.’

(CA)
Huff Post 2019 When Judges Make Sexual Assault Victims Feel Like Criminals

(NG)
Amnesty International 2021 Nigeria: Failure to tackle rape crisis emboldens perpetrators and silences survivors

(MT)
Malta Times 2022 'Sick and tired': protesters demand justice for female victims of violence

(PL)
Notes from Poland 2022 Church asks court to determine abuse victim’s sexuality and if relationship with priest “pleased” him

(CN) Sixth Tone 2021 Chinese Netizens Enraged by ‘Too Light’ Rape Sentence, Again

(GB) Metro 2021 Rape: Who’s On Trial? viewers fume as Channel 4 documentary exposes ‘broken’ justice system

(PK)
Vice 2020 Pakistan Gang Rape Sparks Nationwide Protests After Cop Blames Woman

(SA)
al Jazeera 2021 South African women are taking a stand against rape culture

Dear Web Sleuths!
I noticed, today is my WS first birthday :)
Im still a baby haha
Feel free to eat a big slice of cake!

It is so nice to chat with all of you - although the subject matter is so horrendous!

Attachments

• 2022_01_23_16.13.48.jpg
    2022_01_23_16.13.48.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
How does this honorary colonel assignment work?! Wouldn't it make most sense to have in that position a person who has served in the military? Otherwise, it just seems like a token to justify royal family status. IMO

PA fought in the Falklands war.

He is a Vice Admiral of the Royal Navy.

How does this honorary colonel assignment work?! Wouldn't it make most sense to have in that position a person who has served in the military? Otherwise, it just seems like a token to justify royal family status. IMO

Most members of the RF have served in the forces at one time or another.

Google can tell you who was in which service, if you’re interested.

Even the Queen was in uniform during WW2.

Most members of the RF have served in the forces at one time or another.

Google can tell you who was in which service, if you’re interested.

Even the Queen was in uniform during WW2.
Was referring to the article about the Duchess of Cambridge that was linked to the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebg8