UK - Rebecca Joynes, teacher, accused of sex offence against 2 pupils

Luwin

Reaction score

Rebecca Joynes' appearance was 'definitely' the talk of pupils in her class, the boy said in a police interview played to jurors on the second day of the 30-year-old's trial for sex offences.

She allegedly went on to have sex with a second pupil around 30 times while on bail awaiting trial in relation to the first teenager, becoming pregnant by him and having his baby.

A teacher became pregnant by a schoolboy while on bail for having sex with another pupil, a court has heard.

Rebecca Joynes is accused of grooming 15-year-old Boy A by buying him a £345 designer belt, before they had sex.

Manchester Crown Court heard that Ms Joynes, 30, fell pregnant by another teenage pupil while she awaited trial.

Ms Joynes denies six counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child, including two while in a position of trust.

The jury was told that the teacher was suspended by her school as police investigated the first offence.

Ms Joynes claimed that no sexual activity had taken place.

There seem to have been quite a few cases like this in the last few years, here and in the US, involving female teachers and male students. What's going on with the teaching profession?!

I wonder if she had a source of income in addition to her teaching salary

Jurors were yesterday told that Joynes accepts picking Boy A up in her Audi, buying him a £345 Gucci belt from Selfridges in the Trafford Centre, and then taking him to her apartment where he stayed the night in October 2021.

"She appeared at court and was bailed on condition she did not contact any child under 18, but the prosecution claim it then emerged she'd been in a long-term sexual relationship with a second pupil, Boy B.

It's alleged she 'brazenly' pursued the relationship while on bail awaiting trial in relation to Boy A and had sex with Boy B at around 30 times and she became pregnant and had his child."

BBM. OK, that's crazy! So she might have got a 'slap on the wrist' style punishment if after being charged for Boy A she'd just followed her bail conditions like anyone with any sense of control might have done.

But no! Not Miss Joynes! Despite being under bail conditions to not have contact with anyone under 18 years of age, she starts a new sexual relationship with a new underage boy, and gets PREGNANT with his kid!

Absolutely unbelievable decision making.

I think someone mentioned the baby hat as well.. just noticed she's photographed wearing 3 different outfits with the pink baby hat sticking out of the top of her trousers?? Bizarre. What message is she intent on sending and to who? It's creepy AF and wildly inappropriate to me IMO. JMO. MOO.

I hate to say it because it gets said all the time in these cases but it's true, imagine the roles were reversed. There would be far more disgust and outrage. IMO.

I think someone mentioned the baby hat as well.. just noticed she's photographed wearing 3 different outfits with the pink baby hat sticking out of the top of her trousers?? Bizarre. What message is she intent on sending and to who? It's creepy AF and wildly inappropriate to me IMO. JMO. MOO.

I hate to say it because it gets said all the time in these cases but it's true, imagine the roles were reversed. There would be far more disgust and outrage. IMO.

I experienced this as a young person, and while the case did not go to court it remains an unpleasant and influential episode.

Whatever the gender identity of the victim, treatment of predatory teachers should be the same under law.

The "phwoar -- lucky boy!" culture is a significant reason for boys and young men not coming forward with claims, IME and IMO.

Seems to be a long list of such cases -- and the "nice one!" winky journalism and comments are never far behind the news.

Obviously, it was my first time, so I was nervous,' the youngster said.

Afterwards, Joynes told the teenager, who feared he hadn't performed very well, 'it's your first time, it was great'.

Boy B said he kept the affair secret from his parents for 18 months, during which time the pair had unprotected sex dozens of times. He claimed Joynes insisted she had a condition which meant she was unlikely to get pregnant.

But on a 'date night' – the night before she was arrested for a second time – Joynes sprinkled rose petals around her flat and set up a sex game of 'surprises' for the boy, the court was told. The game involved an Ann Summers scratchcard of sexual activities and hidden notes, which led him to discover she was expecting his baby.

'At the end it was a baby grow,' the boy said. 'It said something like, 'Best Dad' (on it) and I was like, 'What the *advertiser censored**!'

'She started crying and I started crying, because we were undecided whether to get rid of it or not.

'That was probably the lowest point, we were irresponsible. It's my own fault. I also thought, 'what the *advertiser censored** am I going to do?'

'I can't hide a kid. I had hid the relationship for 18 months from my parents.'

Recalling the moment to police, he said: 'She was crying. She was saying, 'I don't know if I can do this on my own.'

Has it been reported whether she is currently pregnant/had the baby or did she terminate the pregnancy? I can't see it clearly stated anywhere I have read

In this BBC article it's stated she did have Boy B's baby:

"Of course she can’t deny that sexual relationship because she became pregnant with (Boy B’s) child and she had (Boy B’s) child."

Oh boy, I can't wait for the influx of people on social media stating it's OK because she's a woman and "boys always want it." MOO.
I certainly hope this is not the case. She was in a position of power over the boys and a lot older and supposedly more mature emotionally, though if you read what @Skigh quoted it doesn't sound as if she is actually acting maturely at all. Boy B sounds as if he's more able to reflect on his actions and say "we acted irresponsibly". MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyLynn85
Back