GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was really funny when someone here suggested that the sleuths not familiar with the Bristol accent should search for Vicky Pollard :)

I thought it was really funny when someone here suggested that the sleuths not familiar with the Bristol accent should search for Vicky Pollard :)

we dont all talk like that :) at least I hope my accent is not as Bristolian as that !

we dont all talk like that :) at least I hope my accent is not as Bristolian as that !
I feel sorry for anyone with the name Vicky Pollard! ;)

I've been reading my little boy the BFG at bedtime and apparently my older daughters have been in fits of giggles listening from their own rooms as my BFG voice has a Bristolian accent! :D

Welcome back Retribution, glad to hear you're through the op.

I don't know the full story on what happened to her on the way to school (is the full story public knowledge?) But it could be that she was kidnapped/taken and sexually assaulted? Maybe she DID say all those things all the OMG's ... We've seen around 10 minutes of video interview from, I imagine hours and hours and hours of questioning ...

BIB- Same thing occurred to me- we are seeing the excerpts that are the most "damning"
Naturally all of us posters have very little to go on, it's not a televised trial etc as I posted previously.

That was me - hope I didn't cause offence, I know she is an exaggeration, just thought that Beesknees might enjoy hearing it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] as she'd said that she couldn't understand the accents on the interviews ... And of course it is quite funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to both? Can't help but feel from your bottom paragraph that you mistook what I was trying so say, I'm not wanting to win an argument, be right and I'm not at all inflexible.

Not sure I posed the bottom paragraph well ... I was asking a specific question, not pondering or asking anyone's option on this case.

Can anyone here think of a case where it looked to be very clear from evidence or their behaviour that the accused was guilty but they turned out to be proven innocent?

BIB1 - Ditto - ie. I was making a general comment, ie. not one specific to you as a poster but in relation to forum posting full stop . (In the light of me previously stating quite a few pages ago, we have very little to "go on".)

Your first question was clear- do you remember the case of Christopher Jeffries in the Joanna Yeates case? What was your take on that- before Vincent Tabak came into the frame as a suspect?

And it went right over my head - I hadn't even twigged that V.Pollard had a Bristol accent ! ( Had to just google it - says west country so yes that neck of the woods.)
I just assumed that OP was referring to difficulty of working out teenage urban "patois".

OP ( Original poster)

And it went right over my head - I hadn't even twigged that V.Pollard had a Bristol accent ! ( Had to just google it - says west country so yes that neck of the woods.)
I just assumed that OP was referring to difficulty of working out teenage urban "patois".

OP ( Original poster)

Oh, she is Bristol - she mentions various locations like Fishponds and Broadmead [emoji38]

Welcome back retribution! Hope you are recovering well?
We missed you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, she is Bristol - she mentions various locations like Fishponds and Broadmead [emoji38]

IIRC - you know Bristol well, or are from Bristol anyway? I don't think anyone took any offence in any case. ( Years since I watched it but I might adopt Vicky's speech style for posting as in "yeah but no but yeah.." LOL)

If you are indeed familiar with Bristol, I was looking at those pinned map locations that some kind poster has put up a link to.
I'm probably asking way too much but do you think that whole area has loads of CCTV. I was looking at routes CL to CML and thinking there are prob some back routes or routes through the estate where you might not be caught on camera.

Bear with me in that ( late to this case and prob been asked a zillion times) but it also seems strange they used a van to transport when you could probably move the packages on foot from the rear of CML to Barton Court. Mainly thinking aloud - don't expect you to have actually been there!!!*

TBH as greedy and dim as they obviously are I feel some pity for JaydeneP and her boyf K.D that they got suckered into this for some easy money. It seems that they soon after suspected the contents of the packs and no doubt deeply regret not contacting police as soon as the penny dropped!)

ETA * - I mean the unlikelihood of anyone on here knowing that exact spot, no other meaning intended!

Marking my spot.

Is is more Shauna in court tomorrow?? What would you ask her if you were the judge for a minute? (barring the obvious, obviously!) What would trip her up, if she's involved?

I had to sleep on it. :p It's more difficult than I thought, but this one would be of interest to me.

I would ask SH if NM offered an explanation for going to Asda in Bedminister on 21 Feb to purchase these items 'various bleach-related cleaning products', black bags, rubble sacks, rubber gloves and three rolls of cling film, then the following day 22 Feb, go to Wilko in Broadmead buying more rubble sacks, tape and sponge, and then travelling on to Sainsbury's in Brislington to purchase more tape?

If he didn't give a reason why, did she find it suspicious? If not, why? Also, did he give a reason for buying these products?

I don't think it would necessarily trip her up but I'm just wondering what her reaction and answers would be. NM is all about saving money, why waste petrol on trips that are out of the way? Even under stress (I assume), NM queried the price of the circular saw he bought on 20 feb at B & Q. Didn't it seem uncharacteristic of him to waste money on shopping trips?

Welcome Retribution! Good you just passed the worst - the surgery itself. Now it is a way, each day nearer full recovery. I wish you all the best.

Many fellows were here calling out your name to come back! Good you are and we look forward to hear your insight knowledge and thoughts.

4011iBDDE9E773DDE2E4D.gif

I had to sleep on it. :p It's more difficult than I thought, but this one would be of interest to me.

I would ask SH if NM offered an explanation for going to Asda in Bedminister on 21 Feb to purchase these items 'various bleach-related cleaning products', black bags, rubble sacks, rubber gloves and three rolls of cling film, then the following day 22 Feb, go to Wilko in Broadmead buying more rubble sacks, tape and sponge, and then travelling on to Sainsbury's in Brislington to purchase more tape?

If he didn't give a reason why, did she find it suspicious? If not, why? Also, did he give a reason for buying these products?

I don't think it would necessarily trip her up but I'm just wondering what her reaction and answers would be. NM is all about saving money, why waste petrol on trips that are out of the way? Even under stress (I assume), NM queried the price of the circular saw he bought on 20 feb at B & Q. Didn't it seem uncharacteristic of him to waste money on shopping trips?

She was asked about these purchases. Her response was that she thought he had finally decided to clear out his hoards of stuff. She didn't question the purchases because "she wanted it so much" or words to that effect. She also said they intended to buy packing boxes at Asda but forgot.

ETA Here you go from 26th Oct

Siobhan RobbinsVerified account ‏@SiobhanRobbins Oct 26
SH being asked about trip to 99p shop. Says didn't remember NM picking up rubble sacks etc but didn't question it.

Says doesn't remember touching them.Being asked about heavy duty sponge,says can't remember it but assumed it was for cleaning.

Says that they were gonna go to Asda to get packing boxes but forgot.She says was gonna pack stuff wanted to keep and store.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · Oct 26
It is just 'really bad timing' they were buying cleaning supplies and had planned to sort the house when #beckywatts had disappeared.

She was asked about these purchases. Her response was that she thought he had finally decided to clear out his hoards of stuff. She didn't question the purchases because "she wanted it so much" or words to that effect. She also said they intended to buy packing boxes at Asda but forgot.

Thanks, forgot about that, good explanation though.

So many unknowns, complexities, and details missing.

If I were a juror I think I'd be in big trouble. There's no smoking gun. The prosecution's case with respect to SH is weak. There is no doubt of that. I get the feeling that when NM confessed, they stopped investigating.

The prosecution has floated a theory that it was sexually motivated and that Becky was dismembered in the bathtub of NM and SH's home. Well we know NM killed her however, his story does not support the theory put forth. The evidence really doesn't prove that Becky was dismembered in the bathtub and in fact the lack of evidence is leaving everyone here scratching their head trying figure out where it really happened. NM's story has nothing to do with a sexual motivation. As unreal as it seems, he could be telling the truth about the motivation. Weird but not unbelievable.

The lack of solid/tangible evidence against SH is, IMO, worrisome. You only need some doubt to creep into the minds of the jurors to acquit. I feel she's guilty. I feel she's lying. I feel a lot about SH and none of it is good however, what I feel is not enough to convict her.

If SH had come out and said, I was aware of what happened. He forced me to take part and I was afraid for my life and that of my child. I'll help you and give you whatever you want then I am much more understanding and less rigid. But she didn't say that. I think she and her lawyer looked at the evidence against her and decided the best game plan was to deny all, and hope for the best because there is a possibility that the jury will acquit her if there is any niggling doubt.

I hate this case. I'm a person who needs closure and we're not going to get it here.

Am I right in thinking that her lawyer does need to believe that she is innocent? I mean, he might not be sure, and he will know that there's a chance she isn't, but the story she puts forward to him will unequivocally be that she is innocent. I'd love to know how the lawyer and client work together in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule