GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the kind words. My mum had a stroke in 09, she's paralysed and I care for her. They took her into the hospital on Monday because she was confused, which is nothing new. But her GP suspected another Stoke. Just found out today it wasn't, she's fine and was just a little dehydrated. A bit of a scare but she's ok and coming home tomorrow.

The hospital is what rattles me. I was in there often since I was a kid, bad memories and just the smell makes me anxious. I'll admit I'm on edge and reacted to Cherwells post unlike I normally would. I feel like I caused an unnecessary drama, and drew attention away from the topic at hand. I'm a wee bit embarrassed my 5,000th post had to include an apology on my behalf!!

It's all good In the hood :)
Hugs skibs..my 57 year old otherwise healthy dad had a TIA this week...what a change to him it's made - heartbreaking

In other news..I'm not surprised they've appealed. I do think that NM missing the deadline is.. I think he got wind of SH putting In one and then jumped on the bandwagon

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Oh and as for those two pieces of sc*m ........ would it be too much to hope, if they are given leave to appeal, that their sentences could be doubled on the back of the appeal

Never thought of this Alyce.
It has happened before hasn't it, so I sincerely hope that if their appeals go ahead (fat chance imo) this would be the outcome.

Well, I am surprised. I even said "Let's wait" clearly meaning all of us. I can't for the life of me see how that could be misinterpreted.
I certainly don't think I deserved to get my head bitten off. :(

"The other poster" :(

Oh for goodness sake. No one * bit your head off * .... some of us just read your post in a different way to the manner in which it was intended.
I said, based on your subsequent post, that I then understood the way in which you had meant it.
Happens frequently on line, things get misread or misinterpreted.

as for * the other poster * remark. I was on the next page when I typed my response ( with limited time ) and I could not remember who had posted the comment, so I thought I was being polite by referring to you as the other poster.
No offence was intended, but clearly you have taken plenty, so feel free to ignore my comments in future.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. My mum had a stroke in 09, she's paralysed and I care for her. They took her into the hospital on Monday because she was confused, which is nothing new. But her GP suspected another Stoke. Just found out today it wasn't, she's fine and was just a little dehydrated. A bit of a scare but she's ok and coming home tomorrow.

The hospital is what rattles me. I was in there often since I was a kid, bad memories and just the smell makes me anxious. I'll admit I'm on edge and reacted to Cherwells post unlike I normally would. I feel like I caused an unnecessary drama, and drew attention away from the topic at hand. I'm a wee bit embarrassed my 5,000th post had to include an apology on my behalf!!

It's all good In the hood :)

Good news that your mum's condition was not as bad as feared and great that she will be home today.

Hospitals, yes - just the smell raises my anxiety levels as well, understand exactly what you mean.

Good to see you posting again xx

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-sentence-conviction/crown-court-verdict

I wonder which of those two options are being used as grounds to appeal?

Personally, I think the judge was pretty lenient with his sentencing.

I kind of expected SH to appeal as was has she got to lose by trying?

NM on the other hand, I thought maybe the thought of how an appeal might affect his mother and her health might stop him... obviously not!

I wonder if NM got word that SH was appealing and decided he would too. Hence his being late

Snipped ...

It will be interesting, won't it, to see what reason they can come up with.

For me, the sentences were not long enough, though I respect Judge's opinion and am sure he did the best he was able to do, possibly also having in mind that he did not want to pave the way for a successful appeal, based on too heavy a sentence.

I feel for Becky's family, right before Christmas, to be faced with this news, although I have no doubt their barristers will have already told them that it was a likely outcome.

Also agree with others that NM most likely only put his request in when he heard that SH was doing so.
Clearly not much communication between the two of them these days then ?

Cherwell - your post was fine. It was in no way written offensively.

Skiboo - so sorry to hear about your mum. My daughter had a Stroke at 13. Xx
I completely understand that you misinterpreted Cherwells comment in haste.

Alyce - knock knock ...
Who's there?
It's me ... just wanted to say please let's leave it all here shall we.

:)

Hugs skibs..my 57 year old otherwise healthy dad had a TIA this week...what a change to him it's made - heartbreaking

In other news..I'm not surprised they've appealed. I do think that NM missing the deadline is.. I think he got wind of SH putting In one and then jumped on the bandwagon

Sar, I'm so sorry. I hope your dad makes a swift recovery. If you need a shoulder I'm here! (hugs)

Really sorry to read your news Sar. I hope he can make a full recovery in time. x

I'm keeping an eye on you lot while trying to find Adrian Lynch - no more squabbles, we behaved sooo well under pressure during Becky's trial lol

For those of you having a tough time with family - hang tight, stay strong, you know where we are. In the words of Peter Kay (I think) "if it's not one thing it's yer mother"

Peace and love!
:heartbeat: :peace: :heartbeat:

Darren Galsworthy's book, entitled Becky, will be published exactly a year since her dismembered remains were discovered, on March 3.

In the 304-page memoir Mr Galsworthy describes Becky's relationship with her stepbrother, Nathan Matthews, 28.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/...becky-watts-tells-of-his-devastation-in-book/

Personally I hate these kinds of books. I always wonder how anyone can profit from someone's murder. I mean, how do you enjoy the money you'd make out of a book like this? Perhaps it will go to a charity in her name - I guess that is a bit understandable.

Its a tribute to a much loved daughter according to the blurb, but I can never forget the accounts of her being 'kicked out the house' and apparently being written out of her dad's will.

I think she should be left to rest in peace, rather than having her private life sold to the public when she is no longer around to say if she wants her personal information going out like that. Its hardly a tribute to her, when it is being sold as describing the relationship she had with the man who murdered her. Its mawkish and unnecessary in my opinion.

Sorry if that offends anyone.

Personally I hate these kinds of books. I always wonder how anyone can profit from someone's murder. I mean, how do you enjoy the money you'd make out of a book like this? Perhaps it will go to a charity in her name - I guess that is a bit understandable.

Its a tribute to a much loved daughter according to the blurb, but I can never forget the accounts of her being 'kicked out the house' and apparently being written out of her dad's will.

I think she should be left to rest in peace, rather than having her private life sold to the public when she is no longer around to say if she wants her personal information going out like that. Its hardly a tribute to her, when it is being sold as describing the relationship she had with the man who murdered her. Its mawkish and unnecessary in my opinion.

Sorry if that offends anyone.

Totally agree. I can appreciate a need to want to say something and writing can be helpful for those grieving. But this just doesn't sound right.. A tribute to Becky - yes absolutely - but a book writing about Becky and that scum is all wrong imo.

Agree also. Remembering Beckys mums words too that her family wouldn't engage in anything like this, it must be so difficult for her seeing this.

Agree also. Remembering Beckys mums words too that her family wouldn't engage in anything like this, it must be so difficult for her seeing this.
I think they knew that certain family members would go down this route. I remember people's shock over DG and AG appearing on morning tv the day after the verdict. I guess everyone deals with situations in different ways but for me it does seem a bit like they are "cashing in" on Beckys death

I agree with you all ... I hate these kind of books. I wouldn't mind so much if he'd actually physically sat down and written it himself, or it was compiled of things he'd written along their journey but it's no doubt written by someone else and embellished and made a bit more dramatic just to make money money money, money for the publisher, money for her Dad ... will there be 'moving' comments from the family who Becky never even met?

I agree Sar2them - I think Becky's mum envisaged this coming.

I agree with you all ... I hate these kind of books. I wouldn't mind so much if he'd actually physically sat down and written it himself, or it was compiled of things he'd written along their journey but it's no doubt written by someone else and embellished and made a bit more dramatic just to make money money money, money for the publisher, money for her Dad ... will there be 'moving' comments from the family who Becky never even met?

I agree Sar2them - I think Becky's mum envisaged this coming.

I just can't get over the photos her dad released of her bedroom, all nicely decorated AFTER she had died. Apparently they had decorated it just how she would have wanted it done. Why wasn't it ever done when she was alive? Why didn't anyone make it nice for her when she was around?

I personally think that Becky's life may not have all that great in the family home, and I think she would probably have written a very different account to what will be said in the book. Just my opinion. Of course, she can't get her side of the story across now, and that is why I don't think this book should have been written. The other reason is that it is very distasteful to me, for a parent to make money on the back of their child's murder. She hasn't been dead all that long - I'm surprised they found it so easy to sort out this book deal. I know of people who are barely able to even speak about their children a year or two after they had died, as it is just too painful.

Karl Demetrius and Jaydene Parsons are in court today for their sentencing.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 4m4 minutes ago
The pair have pleaded guilty on the basis they did not know Nathan Matthews had committed murder, or what was in the bags they were storing.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 3m3 minutes ago
JP met boyfriend KD outside work where she remembers him being on the phone to NM, where he was asked to store things for him #beckytrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member