GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't ever happen. Newspapers and broadcasters have codes of practice to prevent payments to criminals for their accounts.
Thank you for that info. I'm so glad that there are legalities in place to thwart the murderers from airing 'their side' in a pay-for-deal-rights of publishing.
💪

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thank you for that info. I'm so glad that there are legalities in place to thwart the murderers from airing 'their side' in a pay-for-deal-rights of publishing.
��
I don't believe it is an actual law - as far as I know they are self enforced guidelines.

Re: The Becky Watts book ...

I didn't feel it right to comment on it without reading it myself first but now that I have I thought I'd share my thoughts.

I know many of you may not agree with me but that's the beauty of Websleuth we can all agree to disagree.

First of all, too soon. The poor girl has barely been dead a year when the book is on the shelves.

I've seen it said here and in amazon reviews that it's well written - I found it repetitive and totally misleading as it was 'written' by a journalist called Chantelle Rees who writes for the Sun and Take a Break type magazines not Darren himself, it's quite common for this type of book to be written by a ghost writer but I don't think that's been made clear and Darren is being given credit unduly for his writing skills.

What disappointed me most is that there was very almost nothing in the book that I hadn't read elsewhere in the media, there were 2 sentences in the whole book that I thought 'Oh I didn't know that' ...

The book is more about Darren himself and his love affair with his soul mate Anji than it is about Becky.

Of course, of course I have immense sympathy for the fact that his daughter has been murdered and in such horrible circumstances but other than that, I really don't like him.

I won't go into it further here as I know some of you may still want to read the book for yourselves but i'll end by saying that I feel unbearably sorry for Dan, some things are better left unsaid and I wish someone would tell Darren that.

Hear hear..that poor boy will have to re live his pain every year of his life. As sweet Becky 's life was taken on that very same day. And the fall out from his dad. Over his and Becky's mom should be best discussed behind closed doors. Of course as he has a good relationship with his mom. He's not gonna standby and watch her being verbally attacked. She is their mom for goodness sake. And Darren's first wife.
I think the book should of been about Becky. Not as it has come across. It's memoirs of Becky nothing else. And any proceeds should be donated in her memory to something she held close to her heart. Jmoo. As always

I havnt been on here since the trial and had no intention of ever commenting again about it, but Im so disgusted at Dans treatment and the circus being made on the back of young beautiful girls tragic death, that I cant be quiet anymore.

Dan has been and still is being bullied, for want of a better word, by his Father, both publically on FB and in person. Darren is behaving appalingly to a young kid whose had so much to deal with. What Father would treat his Son in such a vile way, following him around on FB, hounding him, mocking him, and making life as difficult for him as he can. Its shameful.

Darrens book was not written to tell the world about Bex. Darrens book was written to cash in. Darrens book was not written because he wants to get back to " being anonymous" as he laughingly stated...it was because he WANTED to be high profile again. He enjoyed his five minutes of fame and wants to get himself back out there. Its all about the money.
Darrens book was about his favorite 2 subjects..himself and Anji. Becky was an afterthought, not only in her life with them, but in the book. If Becky had been listened to and helped when she was alive, she would still BE ALIVE.

The entire Galsworthy family have found fame and fortune due to Beckys murder, and they want to keep that fame and fortune at all costs. The extended family of Uncles and Aunt never even knew Bex, only one of them had ever met her. They lived within ten minutes of her but didnt take time to get to know her, she would have passed them all in the street and not even know them. Yet they have all found "celebrity" status due to her death and intend to milk it. When I see posts from them saying "our Bex" it makes me so sad because its not real. People are riding on the coat-tails of her death who had NO time for her in life.

The book is full of lies, half truths or history re-written. Darren KNEW there were serious problems between Bex and Nathan, he was told by many people, myself included, but wasnt interested, his only interest has always been Anji. Darren touched on Beckys anorexia but left out that he himself was the main cause of it, constantly making fun of her weight until she had such a complex about it she stopped eating.
The Galsworthys love a party, and have had many a celebration since "our Bex" died. Money is no object now and a good ol booze up can be had, and is, often.

mrazda71 you have the measure of Darren as a man. Hes not likeable because simply put, he is not a nice man. Im not diminishing his pain, he did lose his Daughter, but his "grief" is not as it comes across in interviews. Its an act. And if he had taken a few moments out of his day to actually LISTEN to Bex when she was alive, instead of telling her he wasnt interested because any problem with Nathan might hurt Anji, Becky would be safe and alive.

its all a circus, a charade, a money-making scheme and a way of keeping all the Galsworthys where they want to be...in the public eye, people patting them on the back and saying what heros they are.
no hero would mercilessly hound, ridicule and mock a young man like Darren has. A young man who has suffered the loss of his sister, on his birthday, and who has been traumatised so much he is having councelling. He then has to stand up for his own Mum, against his Father...choose sides, because his Father chose to be less than honest in his book. Darren gave no concern at all to how the book and subsequent fall out over it, would affect a vulnerable young man, and didn't care how it made Dan feel.

Darren is now hoping it will be made into a film. Itll be fiction, just like the book.
Darren is also talking about writing another book, in more depth about how the trial has affected Anji and her MS and how they intend to find other ways to keep Beckys profile high. Or, to be more precise, THEIR profile high.

Shoulder to Shoulder??? Maybe if just ONE of those shoulders was around for Becky to have lent on, she would be here today.

Wow, Retribution. So glad to see you back here, you were greatly missed and hope it's helped getting this off your chest, it's clear you're furious and upset.

What you have said is what I feared and it's sickening what it's doing to Dan. To me he's the biggest victim in all of this (after Becky, of course), he's the most innocent and the most vulnerable. I'm glad to hear he's having counselling, kid will need it. I remember when I learned all those aunts and uncles never met her - they all had their FB profiles open and were making the right noises - and I stopped reading most of them when I realised they wanted their 15 minutes.

Hope you're ok, we're always here if you need a rant.

Exactly what Cags said.

Appalling what is happening to DW and horrendous for Becky's mum to have such nastiness directed at her, on top of her overwhelming grief.

It makes me mad that the media is portraying them as 'Saint Darren and Anji' while Darren is vile, down right nasty to Dan!
He publicly humiliated Tanya in 'his' book for not having custody of her children but worships Anji who merely purposefully abandoned her child rather than end a bad relationship!

While my blood is boiling, what happened to the 'Rebecca Watts Charitable Foundation'? All we hear in the book is how Darren is broke and is worried about paying his mortgage and yet it seems every couple of months they throw huge party in a local club!?

It makes me mad that the media is portraying them as 'Saint Darren and Anji' while Darren is vile, down right nasty to Dan!
He publicly humiliated Tanya in 'his' book for not having custody of her children but worships Anji who merely purposefully abandoned her child rather than end a bad relationship!

While my blood is boiling, what happened to the 'Rebecca Watts Charitable Foundation'? All we hear in the book is how Darren is broke and is worried about paying his mortgage and yet it seems every couple of months they throw huge party in a local club!?

exactly.

​thanks for letting me vent. Im glad not everyone is hoodwinked by this charade. Im off now, keep up the sleuthing everyone, and thankyou.

Don't go, you're safe here!

We don't know the family like you do but it's all being played out very publicly on Dan's FB. Darren sounds revolting and heartless from what he is saying. Grow up, man up, shut up.

It's been quite clear for some time who has class and dignity in this affair, and who doesn't.

Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare will be enjoying the discord and turmoil they have created in the aftermath of what they have done. These two, imo, are they only ones that are on trial here.

Darren Galsworthy is a clever man, he's written (with help) a book mainly about himself and the love of his life, Anji. He's settling scores and giving reasons why he remains with the woman whose son killed his daughter. He obviously cares about his self image and has feelings of guilt, which is natural. I was hoping for more information about NM, and what makes him tick, but if Darren were to reveal too much, he's damned because he didn't do enough to protect his daughter, or, he's like many parents, was oblivious to the goings on under his own roof.

All the finger pointing is normal but in the end, not constructive. NM was a grown adult, he's responsible for his actions. SH could have revealed his plans, she could have prevented this tragedy, but she chose not to and may even have been a very willing participant.

Everyone in the immediate family is suffering, Darren and Tanya have experienced the loss of their daughter, and Dan, his loving sister, because of a deluded, envious and self entitled . NM described himself as a metro-sexual Neanderthal, therefore, unique, in need of special treatment. He's been calling the shots for god knows how long and even while in prison he's still causing havoc in the family.

They all need to stand united and stop the bickering especially publicly, no one will be the winner except for the narcissist himself, NM. All this disharmony is music to his ears, next he'll be writing a book, dishing the dirt on every family member and placing blame on anyone but himself. It's a sickening thought and a very real possibility.

JMO

Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare will be enjoying the discord and turmoil they have created in the aftermath of what they have done. These two, imo, are they only ones that are on trial here.

Darren Galsworthy is a clever man, he's written (with help) a book mainly about himself and the love of his life, Anji. He's settling scores and giving reasons why he remains with the woman whose son killed his daughter. He obviously cares about his self image and has feelings of guilt, which is natural. I was hoping for more information about NM, and what makes him tick, but if Darren were to reveal too much, he's damned because he didn't do enough to protect his daughter, or, he's like many parents, was oblivious to the goings on under his own roof.

All the finger pointing is normal but in the end, not constructive. NM was a grown adult, he's responsible for his actions. SH could have revealed his plans, she could have prevented this tragedy, but she chose not to and may even have been a very willing participant.

Everyone in the immediate family is suffering, Darren and Tanya have experienced the loss of their daughter, and Dan, his loving sister, because of a deluded, envious and self entitled . NM described himself as a metro-sexual Neanderthal, therefore, unique, in need of special treatment. He's been calling the shots for god knows how long and even while in prison he's still causing havoc in the family.

They all need to stand united and stop the bickering especially publicly, no one will be the winner except for the narcissist himself, NM. All this disharmony is music to his ears, next he'll be writing a book, dishing the dirt on every family member and placing blame on anyone but himself. It's a sickening thought and a very real possibility.

JMO

I don't think it's a possibility at all. What publisher would give him a book deal?

I also don't think Nathan would be rubbing his hands in glee at the disharmony because I don't believe that the family has ever been harmonious. It will come as no shock or surprise to him. The close loving family, the 'Shoulder to Shoulder' was born out of shock and grief and is not the reality of the family and just like in the Big brother house on reality TV, theirs only so long that someone can put out a false self without the mask slipping and Darrens has well and truly fallen for me and many others.

As it's been stated, most of those publicly outpouring grief and support had never even met Becky despite living only ten minutes and having 16 years to have done so ... that doesn't say close and loving family.

The trouble with all of this is this, someone can be a not especially nice person and go through a tragedy and the world would feel sympathy for them but if that person then milks that sympathy for all its worth? If that person then shows their true colours - bullying, belittling, goading someone vulnerable who they should be protecting, then the sympathy is lost from me. If he had done his grieving privately then no one would be any the wiser, very little is known of Tanya, good or bad and that's because she's not in the media every 5 minutes.

Yes, you're absolutely correct in saying that both Nathan and Shauna are scumbags and any other word you can throw at them and what they did is too awful to even begin to understand but I stand by what I've always said, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I see that even clearer now.

I've been reading the book but I haven't read enough yet to pass comment on its contents, Tanya hasn't been portrayed well at all though which is sad, surely some things don't need to be put into a book like this?

I was disgusted to see Darrens comments to his son on FB too, I felt genuinely sad for Dan because he seems like such a nice man who's just sticking up for his mum and speaking for his sister who sadly is unable to comment or put across her point of view now.

It was a pleasant surprise to see Retribution post on here recently, I do hope they return as I find their insight really interesting! I always had suspicions about the closeness of the aunts and uncles to Becky, especially Becky's aunt "SB" (in my opinion she always seemed a bit... not sure what the right word is... false?) I appreciate that a family tragedy is always a shock and very upsetting, but I got the impression from a few of the family members that there was a bit of grief-bandwagon-hopping going on, especially if they didn't even really know Becky at all.

Just my opinion!

Nathan Matthews has renewed his application to appeal his sentence.

A previous appeal of both his sentence and conviction was rejected by a judge last month.

The renewed application will be the last chance Matthews has to challenge his sentence.

He is no longer appealing against his murder conviction.

Two weeks ago both Matthews and his girlfriend Shauna Hoare had their initial appeals of sentence and conviction rejected.

Their last appeals were rejected by a single judge who had refused their legal bids to have the case heard in front of three judges.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-29027538-detail/story.html#ixzz44b97TGKa
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

So if I am reading this correctly, the single judge has ruled that they cannot appeal to the trio of judges ?

I so wish they would give him extra time just for making these appeals !

​thanks for letting me vent. Im glad not everyone is hoodwinked by this charade. Im off now, keep up the sleuthing everyone, and thankyou.

I'm not hoodwinked. Becky's mum and brother have my total respect. They've honoured her memory well and with class and dignity. That book should never have been written. The general public don't need to know anything further, and Becky would never have wanted her 'real' mother to be treated such such disrespect. Its shameful.

Wow, I didn't realise until now that Darren's brothers and sister didn't even know Becky! I had thought they were a close family but apparently not. I saw the argument between Darren and Dan on FB and some awful things Darren said about Tanya which were later deleted. Poor Dan and Tanya have always been the ones I've felt most sympathy for. They kept their dignity with their silence.

The Web it is a tangled one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads