GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed @Claralara. Nothing on earth can explain or teach you how and what to do in circumstances like Anjii's and Darren's. But that's why I thought you had yr police
Family Liason Officer. That was assigned to you. To help you thru such times as the searching for. Missing prints. Managing and helping with searches around the local area. And so you could call on their experience. As they deal with this kind of thing very often. And can put answers or questions to you in the days/ weeks along.
I was I must admit. Horrified that some relatives hadn't met Becky in 16 years. Yet on camera and interviews they came over so close as a family.
If we are all honest. I expect a lot of us would say there's things in our life we've said or done that we wished we had differently.
As for Becky's mom. It seems as if Dan and Becky loved her dearly. Now if the relationship with her was bad. They'd have a different bond. Kids take things as black and white.
It's us that colour in the 'bad' bits.
Tanya did what she could for Dan and Becky. It's obvious she loves them the way she talks about them.
And I don't deny they loved Darren n Anjii.
I think this is a lot of stone throwing in public over social media.
Times now should be spent healing.
Poor Dan has to re live his birthday every year with Becky's demise. That has soo gotta hurt bad.
I think they should all agree to disagree. In the sake of Becky.
She wouldn't of wanted this..

Sorry jmoo....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thank you retribution, you've just confirmed my suspicions. I heard last night the poison dwarf has split with her hubby for the funeral director. Through some snooping it is true as have seen the photos. It is heartbreaking knowing none of them were there for Becky in life and are now going out of their way for publicity. That £4000 is only peanuts as on top of donations the uk government have a murder fund and as a child that would be in excess of £30000 and burial costs are also waived for a child :(

Yep you are right, SB never met Bex. Not once. And yep, shes left her Husband " DB" for someone she met while planning Bex funeral.

The family dynamics are very complicated. Darren has 6 children ( 5 now since Bex left us) Until Bex death he was only in contact with two of them, Bex and Dan.

The eldest is a boy, DS. Hes not been in Darrens life since birth. Then he had a girl " G" who only got in touch after Bex died, and then changed her last name to Galsworthy by deedpoll.
Then came twin girls, G and J who also were not in Darrens life until Bex died, actually I say that but they were, very sporadically, very rarely, due to problems between their Mum and Darren, it was all very very bitter.
Then came Dan, then Becky.

Darrens Father JG married DG who already had a son, BSP, they went on to have four children, SG, JG, SG ( now SB) and AG. So these are all Darrens half siblings. They were all rarely in touch with Darren, its only since Bex death that the family have all re-connected and become close.

Tanya only had Dan and Bex. Tanya had a lot of problems, as anyone who read the book would know, and had a breakdown. Much of that was to do with the way she was treated by Darren, who had a drink problem. There was a lot of violence in the relationship.

Darren well known in the St George, Speedwell and Kingswood area before Bex death, mainly for fighting but I think he did mellow as he got older.

I believe SG met Bex once, but he was the only one. None of Darrens other children met Bex apart from Dan of course.

I could say so much more but Im sure it would be violating T&C.

I keep saying Im not going to talk about them anymore on here, yet Very occasionally come back to read ( mainly on the "missing" pages, and inevitably find myself on this part of websleuths, but I really dont think theres anything worth saying about this case for me anymore, Im no longer in touch with the family apart from Dan. He is doing ok, not as good as he likes to make out but he is getting there. He puts on a brave face but is hurt by Darren and Im sure is much more upset than he shows. He was incredibly close to Bex so obviously misses her. Hes in touch with three "new" sisters now but nobody will replace Bex.

I really am going to stop commenting now, I dont think I can add anymore than I have without being banned, so its best I say nothing more. :)

Retri, we like you being here, it brings a human side to sleuthing that we don't usually get. It's easy to get caught up in the gruesome stuff and the legal wrangles, so it's good to have "those who know" on board sometimes. I have a feeling it's good for you too, to be able to get it off your chest anonymously.

If you ever get chance please fell free to tell Dan that Becky touched us in a way that very few (UK) cases do on Websleuths. I have honestly never known so many of us here, especially during the trial. I think we were all on the edge of our seats during court proceesings, literally, real lives on hold. She's a special one. Take care.

Hi Im glad somebody else local has voiced on here what many of the locals are voicing " on the streets" as it were... Many people donated, only to end up annoyed at the way their money ( and a lot of the donators could ill afford it) was being used. Booze ups at the Labour Club, a funeral that was more for the show ( and benefit of SB, so she could be praised for her organization of it..) .than out of love for Becky.

3 weeks ago a huge argument ensued after a friend of the family turned on them concerning money. The friend was appalled that money that was supposed to be put into some type of charity in Beckys name was intending to be used to finance a Holiday for many of the extended family together. This was money donated by many locals, possibly yourself? There were also questions being asked about a promise Darren had made to donate money to a bereavement charity, but had not followed through with.
People were already starting to get annoyed at the constant throwing of big parties at the club, and voicing it. The talk of the holiday was the final straw and the "friend" fronted Darren about how uncomfortable people were feeling. SB went to the friends home and, well, it did get quite aggressive. Many things then came out...

Im not saying this is why this money has suddenly been handed over to a bereavement charity, but it wouldnt surprise me if this isnt to placate the ever-growing numbers of people feeling disgusted, and making a noise about it. There has been a LOT of money raised, and of course money made from Darrens book, so its a drop in the ocean.

I mentioned a while ago about the 2nd book Darren is planning on "writing". It will be about his life with Anji, how the case has affected her MS, how theyve dealt with the trial together and how much stronger its made them as a couple. Why anyone would be interested in reading that is beyond me, but Darren seems to think it will fly off the shelves...he sees himself as a celebrity now and thinks people will lap it up.

The film is supposed to be about his life bringing Becky and Dan up, up until the murder, and about the trial. How this will happen now after his public shunning of Dan is anyones guess, but if Darren can put a spin on it to show himself as the victim, Im sure he will.

<modsnip>
Just catching up on WS been under the weather for a few days n slept more than awake. Frustrating!
I'm not too far from Bristol. A few miles outside. But questions are asked here too.. especially the family getting behind each other rallying round. Being there for each other. And then Dan's posts that Darren had outed home n his mom. I don't understand that at all. Why would a loving doting father do that?
Anyways. This is not the sort of thing that goes quiet as there's too much mud in the water..

Retri, we like you being here, it brings a human side to sleuthing that we don't usually get. It's easy to get caught up in the gruesome stuff and the legal wrangles, so it's good to have "those who know" on board sometimes. I have a feeling it's good for you too, to be able to get it off your chest anonymously.

If you ever get chance please fell free to tell Dan that Becky touched us in a way that very few (UK) cases do on Websleuths. I have honestly never known so many of us here, especially during the trial. I think we were all on the edge of our seats during court proceesings, literally, real lives on hold. She's a special one. Take care.

Totally agree, is so very good to have the human side to this case and the real background information.

And yes, Becky was special for so many of us on here.

When we follow a specific case. Especially one such as emotive as Becky's. Or abuse cases. Or even events like the Paris terrorist attacks. You really do get in depth into the subject in hand.
We are quite an extensive membership and have friends of like Retribution. There are also members of LE. Ex Jurors. And so on. As well as people involved in the actual cases. That can add their point of view. Within Websleuths T's & C's.
It makes our reading and understanding more easier to digest. It's the members of Websleuths who make it what it is... answer as you digest more and more into such a difficult case it makes you realise how difficult of a job the Jury has to do.
It is with thanks I give those that post up. Am mighty appreciative.

I'm really struggling to finish the book now... I've had it ages and I normally zoom through a book if it grips me, but this has just told me everything we already knew, there isn't any new information or real insight into Nathan and Shauna or the dynamics of their relationship. Saint SB is portrayed as heavenly as always with no mention of the fact that she never knew her niece. There were some nice moments towards the beginning of the book detailing how every day life was when Becky was alive, she seemed like such a sweet child, so that was nice to read. I've only just got to the sentencing part of the book and as I say, I'm struggling to find the motivation to read it, any thoughts from anyone else who has read it? Is it worth continuing or is the rest just about DG and AG?

I'm really struggling to finish the book now... I've had it ages and I normally zoom through a book if it grips me, but this has just told me everything we already knew, there isn't any new information or real insight into Nathan and Shauna or the dynamics of their relationship. Saint SB is portrayed as heavenly as always with no mention of the fact that she never knew her niece. There were some nice moments towards the beginning of the book detailing how every day life was when Becky was alive, she seemed like such a sweet child, so that was nice to read. I've only just got to the sentencing part of the book and as I say, I'm struggling to find the motivation to read it, any thoughts from anyone else who has read it? Is it worth continuing or is the rest just about DG and AG?

The rest of it is all about Darren and Anj with no mention of his four other children. Anyone know when this film is supposed to be coming out!

Anyone else been following the very public marital issues with SB the ex and the undertaker? I also see Retributions definition of the Galsworthy parties continues ;)

I have seen snippets...

With this whole sorry story there's wrong and rights on both sides, people using this sad story to achieve their own personal celebrity status and personal gain. People, who in the main part, probably didn't give becky much thought at all until they could jump on the grieving wagon.

In my opinion these people are despicable BUT they can only keep continuing with this "woe is me" charade if we keep giving them attention. The sooner people stop referring to individuals as "beckys grieving aunt" and "family united" for example the sooner they will give up exploiting the situation

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just read they have lost LOST their appeal. Expected nothing else myself, but good to see it rejected.

(hope I'm putting this in the right place)

OOPS Snap - CoverMeCagney :loveyou:

Yeah, just seen this on the news.... what a great bit of news to be reading. Only pity is they couldnt have their sentences increased.

Even better really, as (snipped from the BBC News link in above post) they haven't been allowed to appeal. This is the second time leave to appeal has been rejected.

"The killers of teenager Becky Watts have had applications to appeal their convictions and sentences thrown out.

Nathan Matthews, 29, was jailed for 33 years for murdering his 16-year-old stepsister in a sexually-motivated kidnap plot and dismembering her body.

Shauna Hoare, 22, was cleared of murder but convicted of manslaughter and jailed for 17 years.

The latest ruling comes after a single judge rejected an earlier application by the pair to appeal.
The Court of Appeal said there was no "reasonable argument" the convictions were unsafe or the sentences "manifestly excessive".
"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-36609441

So glad they lost out. Vile pair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics