GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed they meant the family as in the poster and her siblings with the exception of DG having only met the accused once. Perhaps at a family wedding...........................

I assumed Becky knew them better and had met them more than once.

I suppose nobody has any theories of the others arrested yet? I'm sure the local community know at this stage and it will be leaked all over Twitter or something soon enough. It seems unlikely you would find an additional 5 people who would be willing to help IF they knew the circumstances. Just my opinion. I wonder how many will be charged or released- they have more time with the more recent arrests right?

No but a close friend of the supposed accused has deleted their fb in the last few hours - this could be due to distancing rather than anything else though.

They only seen each other once apparently cos he was 12 years older so wasn't actually raised together.

And if they're released I'd be very very very surprised as they obviously have enough evidence to be granted permission to hold them for longer.
You have misread the aunt's post.

She said that as a family they have only seen him once. She is talking about herself not RW.

I suppose nobody has any theories of the others arrested yet? I'm sure the local community know at this stage and it will be leaked all over Twitter or something soon enough. It seems unlikely you would find an additional 5 people who would be willing to help IF they knew the circumstances. Just my opinion. I wonder how many will be charged or released- they have more time with the more recent arrests right?

Not been 24hrs yet on the most recent arrests, so won't need an exstention yet surely?

I have a theory but I am not sure if I am allowed to post what it is if the people in custody have not been confirmed?

I will try and phrase it carefully and solely my own opinion. I don't think a young couple wake up and decide to randomly harm someone else. Especially if they have a young child. I wonder if this was maybe a fight that escalated or an accidental death- like manslaughter. Certainly possible. And then panic followed. But as I said before - you would normally call an ambulance or the police and not go to drastic levels to hide the body IF the death was not premeditated.

But what if drugs were involved? This could account for irrational reasoning and IF you are on drugs and an incident happens and there is a child in the house or part of your responsibility... IF... would that be a motive to act in a desperate manner?

This is the only theory I can come up with that could explain (well never explain no)... that would - I don't know how to phrase it- not make sense. This is one of the only ways I see it happening without having any information of the circumstances.

I assumed they meant the family as in the poster and her siblings with the exception of DG having only met the accused once. Perhaps at a family wedding...........................

I assumed Becky knew them better and had met them more than once.

This is what I took her to mean as well.

I know haha my response was in a jokey way. I've read so much my heads chockered to be honest :(

Still don't understand why they'd do such an awful thing!

That's why I'm confused, a LOT of step siblings aren't raised together so I found that an odd comment, most live with respective mothers ...
Maybe because step mom and real dad have been together since Becky was little ergo one would expect any children step mom had to be bought up alongside Becky

I have a theory but I am not sure if I am allowed to post what it is if the people in custody have not been confirmed?

I will try and phrase it carefully and solely my own opinion. I don't think a young couple wake up and decide to randomly harm someone else. Especially if they have a young child. I wonder if this was maybe a fight that escalated or an accidental death- like manslaughter. Certainly possible. And then panic followed. But as I said before - you would normally call an ambulance or the police and not go to drastic levels to hide the body IF the death was not premeditated.

But what if drugs were involved? This could account for irrational reasoning and IF you are on drugs and an incident happens and there is a child in the house or part of your responsibility... IF... would that be a motive to act in a desperate manner?

This is the only theory I can come up with that could explain (well never explain no)... that would - I don't know how to phrase it- not make sense. This is one of the only ways I see it happening without having any information of the circumstances.

Certainly that could be a motive.

Personally, I'm leaning towards something far more dark and twisted than that as a motive. No evidence obviously, only a sneaking suspicion.

And a lot of that comes from that to do what seems to have been done to Becky, must be the result of a dark and twisted mind.

Don't think you will need to look much further than the occupants of the other addresses that have been searched.

It's possible that some of them may not have known what they were helping to cover up.

Hi newbie lurker here

Im been going over motives and wondering if this is a person who is known to family and knows has Rebecca been giving parents a hard time just lately like teenagers do, and stepmum being poorly maybe she was in some sort of flare with her illness and someone decided to take control and its all gone wrong jmo

Unfortunately I think it is going to get a lot worse. I don't believe Becky would be the type to engage with strangers given her character. In my opinion only, I believe who did her harm was known to her. And if that is found to be the case in time, I am guessing known to the family also. Which must be horrific. Especially if (and I don't know this for a fact obviously) (just speculation) someone known to the family knew more than what they were telling and lied to the family or even saw their pain and distress and didn't come forward- can you imagine the betrayal?

However we still do not know what happened. If the body was not mutilated and efforts to dispose of her- I would hope it was some sort of accident or a fight that got out of hand or even a drug related death- anything less barbaric than this.

Maybe I am odd but the method of disposal after a death doesn't mean anything to me. It is the murder or accident etc. and method of death that get me upset and make me put an evil label on perpetrators. I can see someone causing a death accidentally and cutting up a body to hideit (in fact in the Durst case the jury found him not guilty when he did just that-it was self defense, the death). Panic is not so unreasonable for weak individuals. If it is truly barbaric like eating their body parts I think they are extremely ill not evil. Robert Ressler one of the founders of the FBI's profiling unit testified for Jeffrey Dahmer and I think he was right, he was one very sick individual who could not stop himself.

Now that doesn't mean I think that perp's aren't evil, many are. However the method and motive are what concern me rather than the method of disposal.

Well I've looked on Twitter and haven't a clue what I'm doing! I give up!

I'm in the same boat, haven't got a Twitter or Facebook account, cannot find anything about those supposed names.
Edited to add I'm now aware.

Certainly that could be a motive.

Personally, I'm leaning towards something far more dark and twisted than that as a motive. No evidence obviously, only a sneaking suspicion.

And a lot of that comes from that to do what seems to have been done to Becky, must be the result of a dark and twisted mind.
Your average Joe who accidently kills someone may panic and try to conceal the body but someone who's been trained to kill would probably have less qualms about... (I can't bring myself to type the words) doing what has been done to Becky ... like I said, some are Heroes, some are psychos :/

A teenage girl is dead and whoever is responsible should be executed. It's horrible she was killed but chopped up too?

Maybe someone liked the show Dexter? Whatever happened is wrong and disgusting.

Hi newbie lurker here

Im been going over motives and wondering if this is a person who is known to family and knows has Rebecca been giving parents a hard time just lately like teenagers do, and stepmum being poorly maybe she was in some sort of flare with her illness and someone decided to take control and its all gone wrong jmo
Think you need to lurk back over the last few pages.

According to information being leaked out by the press and family they are more than just known they are vaguely related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel