GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute... :thinking: NM and SH don't live together? Previous articles have said they both live on Cotton Mill Lane. I've assumed they lived together because of that info. I seem to remember reading that they've been together a long time. Did they live together at one point, and only recently live separately? Or did they never live together?

Do they have any children together?

So her residence was searched. But was his residence searched? If not, why not? He's the one charged with Becky's murder. Surely they ought to search his residence, there could be evidence.

Possibly it's a council house and he wasn't officially living there (which can affect benefits SH may have been receiving) but he actually was.

Trigger and ChuckieD: it was DG's younger brother, Joe, talking on the video.

Possibly it's a council house and he wasn't officially living there (which can affect benefits SH may have been receiving) but he actually was.

Thanks. It still makes me wonder whether he might have access to the address he gave in court, and whether it should be searched.

I seriously doubt she would get that confused. I don't believe she has memory problems either certainly not from the MS
The symptoms or MS are many but there are also the side effects of treatment. Courses of strong IV steroids which are periodically given to some MS patients can cause both memory loss, confusion and a whole host of other nasty side effects. The treatment is usually administered in hospital and normally takes a hour or so on an outpatient basis.

Thanks. It still makes me wonder whether he might have access to the address he gave in court, and whether it should be searched.
Just trying to understand your point.

So despite the Police searching at least 5 or 6 properties you believe that they've missed one?

I think they did live together from what has been reported in MSM but as previous poster said single parents receive more benefits and housing priorities.

Did we ever discover who the car belonged to? It seems that the car held evidence that she was dead or did they arrest the step brother before the car? Anyone have that timeline close by?

So despite the Police searching at least 5 or 6 properties you believe that they've missed one?

I have no question they either already have or will search ANY property he had access to. Due diligence in police work.

Funny you should say that, while looking into sentences for perverting the course of justice I was reading about Maxine Carr, she provided an alibi for Huntley, knowing it to be false but so far as I'm aware believing at that time, that he wasn't involved, she was stupid but with the aid of the press was made into a monster. It's almost as if the biological fact of having a uterus and especially one that has produced a child, should somehow make it worse - how could a woman do such a thing!? If a brother or close male friend had done the same many people will say 'Ooh he was just showing loyalty' ... i'll shut up now, I know I'm rambling [emoji9]

I think the shock is greater when a woman who has a small child commits a crime like this because I would want her interests to be solely dedicated to that of her child. Also, I started to see people differently after I had a child. I didn't suddenly become perfect but I look at people who are injured or killed and imagine that they are my own children and my sorrow feels deeper for me than it did prior to having my own babies. So the idea of a woman not empathizing with the victim with whom she knew and was treated with such indignity feels particularly heinous to me.

On the Bristol Post page - can't remember if fb or Web page and I'm at work so can't find it - it was commented by a number of people that it was SH who told police where the body parts were - not sure of the weight behind that

I thought it was the girl who is with the group of 5...She 'allegedly' found something in her shed and called the Police, which led to all in the house being arrested. It was hearsay though on the Bristol Post page. Sadly it seems that some of the Media take the word of neighbours or friends rather than waiting for fact! I feel genuinely sorry for these 5 if they are innocent or 'set-up'. The reason I say 'set-up' is that there doesn't seem to have been any kind of friendship between them and those charged! Time will tell.

The symptoms or MS are many but there are also the side effects of treatment. Courses of strong IV steroids which are periodically given to some MS patients can cause both memory loss, confusion and a whole host of other nasty side effects. The treatment is usually administered in hospital and normally takes a hour or so on an outpatient basis.
See post #133

I have no idea if they missed this residence or not. It's never been mentioned as a place that was searched, at least as far as I know. The media outlets have always reported his address as the same as hers. Seemed strange to me that he gave this other address in court, and I wondered if anyone ever thought to ask if he had any other residences. I understand that if the housing authority (or whatever the proper name in the UK is) knew he lived there, she might not get certain benefits. It's not unheard of in the US for people on government subsidies to lie about living arrangements, and I imagine it's done in many countries. But a little red flag went up, making me wonder if the police knew about this other address.

I have no idea if they missed this residence or not. It's never been mentioned as a place that was searched, at least as far as I know. The media outlets have always reported his address as the same as hers. Seemed strange to me that he gave this other address in court, and I wondered if anyone ever thought to ask if he had any other residences. I understand that if the housing authority (or whatever the proper name in the UK is) knew he lived there, she might not get certain benefits. It's not unheard of in the US for people on government subsidies to lie about living arrangements, and I imagine it's done in many countries. But a little red flag went up, making me wonder if the police knew about this other address.
In the 96 hours he was in custody being questioned I doubt it occurred to them.

Seriously?

Did we ever discover who the car belonged to? It seems that the car held evidence that she was dead or did they arrest the step brother before the car? Anyone have that timeline close by?

The nearest info I remember is the takeaway owner, who said that NM drove a car which was identical to the one the police were asking about.......and some neighbours of CML who also said that the person whose home was being searched ( ie NM ) drove an identical car

Which doesnt of course prove that the car belonged to NM, but certainly sounds as though he had frequent access to it, or a very similar one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975374/Man-woman-arrested-missing-Becky-Watts.html

WHERE IS SEARCH NOW FOCUSED?

Forensic teams are now focusing on two properties they believe are linked to Becky’s disappearance.

One is opposite the house where her 17-year-old boyfriend lives, while officers believe a black Vauxhall Zafira seized from near the other property could provide a vital clue.

Last night sources told the Mail that an identical car was driven by a man who lived at the address near Becky’s boyfriend.

He is thought to have carried out ad-hoc work as a takeaway delivery driver.

A Bristol takeaway owner told the Mail he had given a statement to police about the driver, who he last employed the night before Becky disappeared.

He said: ‘He drove a black Vauxhall people carrier
and had a younger girlfriend. She was also one of my customers, although I don’t think I ever delivered to her house.

‘The couple had a young daughter and he seemed nice enough. He was reserved and calm. I would be very surprised if he had anything to do with this young girl’s disappearance.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rested-missing-Becky-Watts.html#ixzz3TXgVuw6S
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Again I will have to go and search for the link, but I remember reading a comment that said NM and SH had not lived in CML for long, only about 6 months or so.
So, possibly, the Warmley address was a previous address for him/them and when they moved, only SH registered at the new address ( for the reasons stated by others, the financial benefits )....
but if there are new tenants/home owners now at the Warmley address, then police may have been quickly able to ascertain that there was no possibility of NM using that property during the past few weeks.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Hunt-Becky-life-like-streets-searched/story-26107979-detail/story.html

Mike Grady, 72, told the Bristol Post he had never seen Becky in the area.

He believed a young couple with a child moved into the house being examined about six months ago, but said they kept themselves to themselves.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Hunt-B...tory-26107979-detail/story.html#ixzz3TXidb0II
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...cused-appear/story-26125894-detail/story.html

BOTH hearings were over in a blink of an eye and the scant details had barely time to sink in before the machinery of justice ground on to its next case.

Bristol Magistrates Court is a humdrum kind of place, which deals with the kind of everyday crimes that barely ever trouble the headlines.

But this morning the appearance of Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare at the court house was something very different.

Even though both Matthews and his girlfriend's first appearances before the court lasted barely a minute and only the briefest of details were made public, there was still a very real sense of tension and expectation in the air.

But the atmosphere was far more to do with the gathered media rather than the legal process that unfolded in court number one.

From the very outset this was going to be no ordinary day. The first journalists started to arrive outside the court buildings at just after 7am on what was a chilly morning.

(modsnip)

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-26125894-detail/story.html#ixzz3TXk6HmTp

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-26125894-detail/story.html#ixzz3TXjyC0QT

The car was taken on Saturday 28th from outside Wilton Close, Southmead having been parked there for over a week. This is the same day that NM & SH were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping. It's not clear, at least to me, if the car was taken before or after the arrest on that day.

On Saturday they removed a black Vauxhall Zafira from outside the property, and have appealed to anyone who may have seen the car in the days surrounding Becky's disappearance to come forward.
Neighbours said they had seen police examining the boot of the car before it was removed, and that it had been parked on the street for more than a week, but did not belong to anyone living there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-body-parts-rundown-house.html#ixzz3TXfU8I4a

On the morning of Monday 2nd March, police appealed for any information on the car

We would like to hear from anyone who saw a black Vauxhall Zafira with the registration plate HY06 HYA.
The critical time period is from the morning of Thursday 19th February until Monday 23rd February. We are, however, keen to speak to anyone who saw this vehicle in the days either side of this.
[........]
We have seized this car but need the public’s help in piecing together where it might have been

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....-connected-to-the-rebecca-watts-investigation

On the afternoon of Monday 2nd March, police stated that the people we now know to be NM & SH had been rearrested on suspicion of murder.

A 28 year old man and a 21 year old woman were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of the kidnap of Rebecca Watts. This afternoon, they have been further arrested on suspicion of the murder of Rebecca Watts

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....n-arrested-on-suspicion-of-becky-watts-murder

Early on Tuesday 3rd March, Police announced that they had found a body in the early hours of the night before and as a result, 4 men and a woman had been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

“As a result of new information received late last night (02/03), we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.
“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....t-discovery-made-in-becky-watts-investigation

AFAIK the police never confirmed who the car belonged to however media quotes suggested that NM owned such a vehicle

So if NM is appearing via video link to the crown court tomorrow, this could technically be his first opportunity to plead guilty, although his counsel may advice him not to enter a plea tomorrow on the basis that they may have not have had a chance to meet with him.

Does anyone know when Darren last saw Becky? Was it the 18th or the 19th?

I know he said he was at work, when Becky disappeared and the last person to see her was his wife, but he also said she came home and had a shower. Did he actually see her at that time, or was he going by what AG told him?

In NM's murder charge, it specifies the dates starting from the 18th, so there has to be a reason for that, and I wondered if the only people who claim they saw Becky that day, were the ones under arrest and AG (who as the mother of NM, would probably be ruled out).

So if NM is appearing via video link to the crown court tomorrow, this could technically be his first opportunity to plead guilty, although his counsel may advice him not to enter a plea tomorrow on the basis that they may have not have had a chance to meet with him.

I dont believe NM will enter a plea at this time. I could be wrong, but usually it will be a few months down the line, after he has had time with his lawyers and they have had time to prepare a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member