GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I used that but am English..... habit I suppose.

I did not know she could be forced to give evidence - I thought her barrister could refuse , on her behalf.
She can refuse but she'll be held in contempt of court and in the long run it would look bad

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The pair have also been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and four counts of making indecent images of children, Avon and Somerset police said. Matthews has also been charged with sexual assault and voyeurism. The alleged sexual offences do not relate to Becky.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/22/becky-watts-shauna-hoare-charged-murder

The indecent images of children is quite alarming- I am very glad their child is not with them anymore. Hell I am glad the cat got away from them.

She is charged with murder isn't she - or have I misunderstood

I thought she was, but then I'm sure when I saw the charge list last week she wasn't. There's a very good chance I'm getting my murder cases mixed up though :shame:

EDIT - my thanks button has gone missing again. Considering setting up a new thread for it.

Can she be charged with murder now or is it too late? Surely she should have been up for that in the first place? Mind you, we don't know the half of it...yet. I also don't get why she's not a witness for either side.

THAT is an excellent question- why hasn't she been? Any of our legal posters able to shed some light on that?

SH is jointly charged with murder but she pleads not guilty, to all the charges.

Shauna Hoare, 21, had previously been charged with perverting the course of justice. But now she has been charged with murder, along with her boyfriend Nathan Matthews.

http://news.sky.com/story/1506488/becky-watts-shauna-hoare-charged-with-murder

The Charges and Pleas for anyone who missed them:

NATHAN MATTHEWS

Conspiracy to kidnap – NOT GUILTY
Murder – NOT GUILTY (but admits killing her.)
Perverting the course of justice – GUILTY
Preventing the lawful burial of Becky Watts – GUILTY
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns – GUILTY

SHAUNA HOARE

Murder – NOT GUILTY
Perverting the course of justice – NOT GUILTY
Preventing the lawful burial of Becky Watts – NOT GUILTY
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns – NOT GUILTY

JAMES IRELAND & DONOVAN DEMETRIUS

Assisting an offender – NOT GUILTY

The pair have also been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and four counts of making indecent images of children, Avon and Somerset police said. Matthews has also been charged with sexual assault and voyeurism. The alleged sexual offences do not relate to Becky.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/22/becky-watts-shauna-hoare-charged-murder

The indecent images of children is quite alarming- I am very glad their child is not with them anymore. Hell I am glad the cat got away from them.
Yes they've not even touched on the evidence relating to those charges yet ..

Added: I'm guessing they will be dealt with separately at another time

Can she be charged with murder now or is it too late? Surely she should have been up for that in the first place? Mind you, we don't know the half of it...yet. I also don't get why she's not a witness for either side.

THAT is an excellent question- why hasn't she been? Any of our legal posters able to shed some light on that?

She has been charged with murder. She was originally only charged with perverting the course of justice but the murder charge was added at the end of June, together with the conspiracy to kidnap charge etc

Count Two: Murder

"The issue to resolve in Matthews case, is whether he is guilty of murder or only manslaughter," the prosecutor explained.

"The difference...is whether when he killed Becky Watts, or when she was killed, he either intended to kill her or cause her some serious harm."

He went on to say that Hoare denied the murder – and being involved in the killing – but it was the prosecution's case that she was jointly responsible for it.

He added that for Hoare to be found guilty of murder, she would have to have intended for Becky to be killed or caused serious harm, or that she foresaw or anticipated that as part of the plan to kidnap Becky, serious injury would have been caused to her.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-27946813-detail/story.html#ixzz3odmk9Mic

With everything else, I had forgotten about the indecent images charge ! and, as a huge cat lover, I am also pleased the cat has got away.

Sorry still trying to work out how to attach things etc lol. What I also meant was IF that driveway door opened perhaps that was the exit through the house with the body, via the garden and a certain someone was apparantly in the garden smoking??

There is better pics on DG social media page

oh yes, even better. No chance of being spotted that way.

A couple of observations about Shaunas video
http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-10-12/watch-shauna-hoare-calmly-describes-events-to-police/

She said "we came back up" after having the cigarette. She must have meant that she'd been in the back garden as it seems to be lower than the front of the house. And must have been with her child? And would you remember your exact steps several hours later?

And why is there a camera pointing at her sleeve (the box in the top right of screen) ?

:welcome4:

Welcome Ms Puurfect - missed out adding my greeting earlier with the thread moving so quickly

The Charges and Pleas for anyone who missed them:

NATHAN MATTHEWS

Murder – NOT GUILTY (but admits killing her.)
Perverting the course of justice – GUILTY
Preventing the lawful burial of Becky Watts – GUILTY
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns – GUILTY

SHAUNA HOARE

Murder – NOT GUILTY
Perverting the course of justice – NOT GUILTY
Preventing the lawful burial of Becky Watts – NOT GUILTY
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns – NOT GUILTY

JAMES IRELAND & DONOVAN DEMETRIUS

Assisting an offender – NOT GUILTY

Good luck with that Ms Hoare. Grrrrr.

Its a 2 panel fence.

So glad you're here, Retribution. We could have debated that for pages.

I think it would be easy enough to get a body from the front door to the car boot without anyone seeing. 10 second job.

I'm legally trained but don't practice criminal law, hence why I didn't understand what you were trying to say. She does have a right to remain silent, and this is usually used as a tactic prior to being charged or when the evidence against you is questionable. The evidence here is pretty damning. Prosecution barristers are also very adept at managing to turn no comment answers into proper comments, the pressure in court is incredibly overwhelming.

It wasn't me who mentioned that it was the only opportunity for the jury to hear SH speak, that was another poster.

I have no legal training at all, but as you say, I did know that the right to remain silent can be used when initially being questioned, as in the police caution, but I was on the understanding that even at trial, a defendant can choose to remain silent, ie to not give evidence, sorry I was mistaken. Not the first time in my life that I've been wrong !

Nope she will be cross examined by the prosecution barrister who will throw a load of implicating 'questions' at her. She can answer no comment or not answer, but the prosecution will continue with their questions. The jury are likely to infer an outcome from her reluctance to answer questions...

Am I being dense, sorry? So that is her right to remain silent. Or is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member