UK UK - Ruth Wilson, 16, Dorking, 27 Nov 1995

ADMIN NOTE:

There are no verified case insiders in this discussion.

If you feel you qualify as an insider and you have inside information that you wish to share, you must be verified as a case insider by Websleuths.

The reason WS has this policy in place and how to apply for Verification can be found at the following link:

And she was 15 on the day of her disappearance not 16 as many reports state
No. She was undoubtedly 16 (and nearly 17). Her birthdate is widely reported as 31 January 1979 but, most importantly, this is confirmed (at least to the quarter) by a birth record on Ancestry for Q1 1979 for Ruth Wilson to a mother with a maiden name of Landeg.

if she was 15 she wouldent be in the 6 form she must of been at least 16 or she would be in the 5 form

ruth was geting near the age were she ould o legally anyway so why there be an urgent need to run away

ADMIN NOTE:

Information stated as fact MUST have supporting links to an approved source (i.e. MSM, LE) or be from a Verified Insider (VIs are not required to provide links to information stated as fact). Rumors, hearsay from 3rd parties, etc is not factual and is not an approved source at Websleuths.

Also, please read Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules) that everyone agrees to when registering with this site. Discussing removed posts or moderation, or challenging Mods or Admin on the public thread can quickly result in a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Thanks !!

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere and I'm just wondering if anybody has any further info. Is it the case that Ruth said words to the effect of, "its something to remember me by", when out for a meal with friends prior to going missing? And that she also insisted on paying for everyone?

I appreciate this is a very complex and multi-faceted case, and I'm not necessarily reading into this too much. I'm just wondering if anybody can clarify further. Thank you

19 FEB 2023 ByLauren Cole-Lomas
1706662938051.png
  • 'Ruth Wilson was just 16 when she set off for Box Hill from Dorking train station in a taxi. The teenager was dropped off in a layby at the Surrey beauty spot at around 4.30pm that day, and was never seen again.'
''The taxi driver who dropped Ruth off at the layby near The Box Tree pub reported that as he drove away, she stood still in the rain. Journalist Martin Bright noted in the Real Stories documentary Ruth was either waiting for the taxi to leave before she moved to her next destination, or she was waiting for another car to pick her up, suggesting a third party involvement. It isn’t clear what her next movements were after that''

''Sightings have been reported as far as Canada, however Ruth’s friend Roxy Birch said in the documentary that it couldn’t be possible considering Ruth didn’t drive or have a passport at the time of her disappearance.''

why would she need to go there for another car to pick her up why couldent the car have picked in town

why would she need to go there for another car to pick her up why couldent the car have picked in town
Maybe because there was more chance of being spotted in town, if she was being collected she didn't want anyone to see the car or driver. Another possibility is whoever picked her up arranged where to meet because it was on their route.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back