UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if perhaps they had included Sara when they booked the children's tickets. Would that then make up the 3 adults (if older brother is included in this) and the 5 children's tickets (if Sara is included)?
I thought the police deemed it a homicide, would they dem it homicide if she left to fend for herself with no food, and water and died from starvation? Something tells me this case is going to be absolutely horrific. :(
I think they are talking about a murder enquiry

Had they concealed her body, they could've pretended she went with them to Pakistan. No violation of custody. Nothing to investigate.... and probably zero grounds for her poor mom to get any kind of proof or reassurance.

Sudden, out of control rage or "honorc killing?

Why not just leave her behind, ALIVE?

:)

JMO
Given the amount of children in the household (Sara, a sibling of Sara and four younger children), and that only five child tickets were bought, that tells us a lot. Sara was never leaving with them.

The question, which we can speculate on and the police more than likely already know the answer to, is whether she was alive and well at the time the tickets were bought, or if she was already dead or dying. I suspect it was the latter, and this was a 'flee in panic' situation, but if it was the former? Man, that's cold.

MOO
I think she was deceased before tickets were bought and that’s why they left in a hurry and with one way ticket. All adults would have been responsible and children taken away by the brit system!

Last edited:
Wonder on what grounds the father gained sole custody, that’s quite unusual in the UK. But the Mum did reference religious reasons.

tbh I can’t imagine a 10 year old resisting an arranged marriage for example to the point where they are killed for being dishonourable. However she may have resisted the idea/ or male advances/SA to the point which angered someone who accidentally/ impulsively killed her?

In that photo, someone has styled her make up and hair to look older- someone female more than likely, for a specific purpose.

I still wonder why 3 would flee… why not just the father & brother, or just the male relative/ friend who was involved potentially.

Interesting that the Mum didn’t reference the brother at all in her story, maybe the media can’t mention him because he’s a POI. Moo.
I think the adults present at the time would all be responsible for the death and children taken away, thats why they all might have fled. Very easy to milk the system for what they want but not to stay and face responsibility.

BBC “Speaking to the BBC, the travel agent in Woking identified the person making the booking on the evening of 8 August to travel the following day, whom he said had used his services before”

So tickets booked 2 days before body being found?

Did they book with with Sara being alive for 3 adults (2 parents + the boy since 13yo might be considered an adult to travel) and 5 children including Sara? But then why the one-way ticket and the urgency?

Have all tickets been used?

Or the third adult is another relative and the tickets were booked considering Sara would not travel? It gives me shivers thinking Sara was dead that long.

Not surprised the welfare check call then, caller not hearing of Sara for so long or perhaps relatives and friends, or people consulted by father on what to do, called police?

If Urfan had children with different women won’t they all need to give permission for their children to travel abroad? Perhaps not in Olga’s case cause Urfan had sole custody, but I understand remaining 4 children might have different mums? How comes they could travel without the consent of both parents? Even if Olga did not have custody should not she be giving permission for children to leave country?

Interesting how straight away the police have identified three POI they want to talk to, not just the father and mother but clearly the other adult the tickets were bought for. Maybe that 3rd adult is the one who contacted the travel agent guy and paid for all the tickets?

Unbelievable that Sara was left dead in the house for potentially 2 days before LE were notified. Her brother must know exactly what happened even if the other smaller kids are oblivious.

They must have all had passports too for the whole family.

Though we did not know Sara on a personal level she was evidently very bubbly, joyful and full of positive spirit. Whilst the police investigation is ongoing we hope and pray that those involved in any crime are brought to justice."[/URL]

Had they concealed her body, they could've pretended she went with them to Pakistan. No violation of custody. Nothing to investigate.... and probably zero grounds for her poor mom to get any kind of proof or reassurance.

Sudden, out of control rage or "honorc killing?

Why not just leave her behind, ALIVE?

:)

JMO
Exactly. If she died and they hid the body, they could have fled to Pakistan and nobody would know that Sara was dead. If anyone in Pakistan asked, they could say she was with her mother.

But they didn't do that. They left Sara in the house.

And somebody called police. I wish we knew who called.

jmo

I thought this. I don’t wish to speculate too much but as a general rule shared custody would be a starting point for children of divorced parents irrespective of religion? Reasons otherwise (not saying any of these are relevant but thinking out loud so to speak) might be severe mental health problems, abuse, neglect, new partners on a risk register, substance misuse etc
True, and it's not like this kind of decision is generally ever rushed through. Sole residence, or removal of parental responsibility (I don't know if that's the case here) is exceptionally serious, with wide-ranging and long-lasting consequences.

If Urfan had children with different women won’t they all need to give permission for their children to travel abroad? Perhaps not in Olga’s case cause Urfan had sole custody, but I understand remaining 4 children might have different mums? How comes they could travel without the consent of both parents? Even if Olga did not have custody should not she be giving permission for children to leave country?
If there is a child arrangements order in place - which to "grant" residency/custody there must be - the resident parent can take the child abroad for up to 28 days without the permission of the other parent.

"You can take a child abroad for 28 days without getting permission if a child arrangement order says the child must live with you, unless a court order says you can’t."

Exactly. If she died and they hid the body, they could have fled to Pakistan and nobody would know that Sara was dead. If anyone in Pakistan asked, they could say she was with her mother.

But they didn't do that. They left Sara in the house.

And somebody called police. I wish we knew who called.

jmo
I imagine that the children must of heard or seen something if Sara died in the house and her brother would know she would not have been with their mother. I wonder what the children were told .

I too would like to know who made the call. Was it made from the U.K or abroad. Given the time it was made it seems more likely it was made from Pakistan.

Could the school have called?

Is there a summer break in the UK like there is in the US and Canada or would kids be in school in August?

I have been reading from the beginning and have finally colllected several thoughts, forgive me:

In regards to three adults, not two, perhaps there was an uncle that lived with the family? This is not uncommon especially in Asian countries to have aunts, uncles, cousins together with their extended family, MOO, of course. Just because no member of the public has yet identified a third adult does not mean there wasn’t one. Perhaps he recently arrived and was visiting. Perhaps he committed the heinous act.

As we all know different cultures have different social norms. I am not well-versed nor trying to make any accusation but was beating a child for disobedience/otherwise a norm for them? We certainly see it plenty in the US.

The family had, as I understand per links above, “6 small children” when they moved in. I highly doubt, IMO, that a ticket was bought for Sara. I do entertain the idea that the brother could have been considered the third adult but straight gut feeling and nothing else - so take me with a spoonful of salt - tells me it’s not him making up the third adult. In the US, any child over 2 years old must have their own ticket to fly (I have three kids - once they turned 2 they had to have a ticket and it was full price - while link below says “infant” in the link it covers info for children over age 2 also). Infant Air Travel | Delta Air Lines

So exactly what are the MSM sources or travel agent for that matter using to define “5 children’s” tickets? Because the other 5 were under 18? It wouldn’t be the airline’s definition, by my understanding per the US, at least. I’d like to know how “adult” is being defined.

Lastly, why not hide her body, buy an extra ticket for her, disappear? In times of extreme panic - as I do not think this was premeditated - we have no idea how people will react or how clear their thinking will be. That may never have occurred to them and if it did, they would also possibly realize that it wouldn’t take long if someone started poking around to realize that her ticket was never used. Plus, where do you hide a body and become a criminal mastermind in a matter of moments? They may not have been able to dispose of her. Or perhaps someone had just enough of a heart to leave her there, call once safely out of the country, and alert police so at least she could be found and buried.

Sweet girl. Life is so unfair. My heart breaks for the pain you endured and that even in death, you were alone and discarded like trash. You are not. You are loved by an entire community of people here you will never know.

Last edited:
That photo of Sara with the makeup on, breaks my heart for so many reasons :(
Girls experiment with make up.

As a teacher I noticed that during school discos, girls even as young as 10 wear delicate make up.
They hide in groups in restrooms and apply it giggling like crazy.

They own little cute purses full of cosmetcis.

That is reality nowadays.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members