GUILTY UK - Terri Harris 35, Lacey Bennett 11, John Paul Bennett 13, Connie Gent 11, Killamarsh 18 Sep 2021

He’s terrifying. My blood runs cold when I look at him.
He is pure evil. Not victim blaming at all, but personally, I would pause for thought before getting involved with someone with his type of violent criminal history, especially with children around.

I am a regular Websleuths visitor and not easily shocked but these crimes Bendall’s been sentenced for today are some of the worst I’ve heard about in a while. Never releasing him is the only correct decision.

He is pure evil. Not victim blaming at all, but personally, I would pause for thought before getting involved with someone with his type of violent criminal history, especially with children around.

I am a regular Websleuths visitor and not easily shocked but these crimes Bendall’s been sentenced for today are some of the worst I’ve heard about in a while. Never releasing him is the only correct decision.
I hate to think about what else happened in that house before the murders. Did they feel safe around him? Did he ever do anything to hurt Lacey before this attack?

And I keep thinking about Connies mum. She agreed to let her daughter stay an extra night, because she was having so much fun. She just wanted the best for her and now she’s been killed. She will probably blame herself and that’s heartbreaking.
Also it’s suitable that he’s named Damien. The antichrist from the film “the omen”. He is a demon.

I’m
I hate to think about what else happened in that house before the murders. Did they feel safe around him? Did he ever do anything to hurt Lacey before this attack?

And I keep thinking about Connies mum. She agreed to let her daughter stay an extra night, because she was having so much fun. She just wanted the best for her and now she’s been killed. She will probably blame herself and that’s heartbreaking.
Also it’s suitable that he’s named Damien. The antichrist from the film “the omen”. He is a demon.
It is an absolutely heartbreaking story.

The detail of Connie just being there on a sleepover still gets to me — but all the deaths, the loss of John and Lacey too, and Terri, it’s a huge and evil crime. The kids were so young, and Lacey was abused by the killer — similarly to you, I suspect Bendall may have hurt her previously and it’s a deeply disturbing thought.

This crime has slightly flown under the radar in media coverage due to COVID I think and the rapid apprehension of the obvious killer — but it’s dreadful and devastating.

"CPS debunked killer's claims of medical impairment​

Bendall's defence put forward theories that his judgement was psychologically impaired.

He later claimed his actions were influenced by a brain injury sustained some years ago. Extensive neurological tests did not show to be the case.
Throughout the process, the CPS instructed its own
medical experts to assess whether the arguments had merit, which they did not.

When all medical angles had been exhausted, the evidence that he had murdered all four victims with no impairment to his actions was overwhelming and Bendall admitted all charges."

So, this mystery about his health condition has been explained.

RIP to all victims :(

Jeez. About all I can say is I'm pleased for the families that he (eventually) pleaded guilty; that would've been a horrific trial to sit through, just what we've heard today was bad enough.

Very glad it was judged worthy of a whole life sentence; that is one man who would never be safe to be released if he can do something like that - the killings are bad enough alone, but to then rape an 11-year-old? I'd have found it more comprehensible (still twisted and awful) if it'd been the mother he raped, but the daughter adds an extra layer of horror to it all. I think I might've preferred it if there'd been a brain tumour/damage to at least partially explain it, as it is, the apparent lack of a motive or reason makes it all the more horrifying.

Bendall's defence put forward theories that his judgement was psychologically impaired.

He later claimed his actions were influenced by a brain injury sustained some years ago. Extensive neurological tests did not show to be the case.

When all medical angles had been exhausted, the evidence that he had murdered all four victims with no impairment to his actions was overwhelming and Bendall admitted all charges."

Wow. He’s just evil then… so senseless, so awful.

This case took a while to come to court, apparently due to checking the medical claims, and as frustrating as that has been, it does seem that they’ve been thorough in dismissing the idea that a brain injury etc had any real impact on Bendall’s actions.

It’s horrifying that there is “nothing wrong” with Bendall apart from him being an evil degenerate who can kill a woman having his baby who he’s meant to love, and also kill her two children and an 11-year-old friend who is staying over — not to mention the assaults on Lacey which are truly a sickening detail and add an extra layer of disturbing to everything.

I don’t know how people like Bendall get up in the morning, eat their breakfast and watch TV and so on — which he will get to do likely for many years to come even if behind bars. He must not have a soul that he can live with himself after what he did. I’m shocked by some of the awful stranger murders we have had recently (Sarah Everard, Sabina Nessa, Zara Aleena, Bobbi-Anne McLeod) but in a way this is even more shocking — to die at home with someone who is trusted around you, and the ages of the victims, the sex attacks on a child (it seems Bendall also assaulted Lacey after injuring her and as she was dying) and the fact that some of the victims likely witnessed other victims being killed and so on. Sickening.

Last edited:
I’m

It is an absolutely heartbreaking story.

The detail of Connie just being there on a sleepover still gets to me — but all the deaths, the loss of John and Lacey too, and Terri, it’s a huge and evil crime. The kids were so young, and Lacey was abused by the killer — similarly to you, I suspect Bendall may have hurt her previously and it’s a deeply disturbing thought.

This crime has slightly flown under the radar in media coverage due to COVID I think and the rapid apprehension of the obvious killer — but it’s dreadful and devastating.

The sleepover thing gets me too. I went on so many sleepovers when I was their age, and it never occurred to me or anyone else that it would ever be a risk.

I bet Connie’s family didn’t think for a split second that she would be unsafe, let alone caught up in another family’s annihilation.

The other thing that is extra horrifying, above and beyond the “usual” family slaughter, is the rape. I had assumed that Damian had raped Lacey, got caught, then decided to kill any potential witnesses. But it sounds like it was the other way round: he attacked them all then the rape was last?

The sleepover thing gets me too. I went on so many sleepovers when I was their age, and it never occurred to me or anyone else that it would ever be a risk.

I bet Connie’s family didn’t think for a split second that she would be unsafe, let alone caught up in another family’s annihilation.

The other thing that is extra horrifying, above and beyond the “usual” family slaughter, is the rape. I had assumed that Damian had raped Lacey, got caught, then decided to kill any potential witnesses. But it sounds like it was the other way round: he attacked them all then the rape was last?
Yes, I think people speculated here that perhaps he was caught sexually assaulting Lacey, maybe by Connie, and that triggered the murders — that is horrific but would make sense, but it sounds like he attacked Lacey and raped her while she was dying, so the details that have come out actually seem worse. I’ve also seen one report that says he raped Lacey twice, in two different rooms of the house. I just can’t get my head around how evil these crimes are.

There was some speculation that Terri had moved to get away from Bendall or upon her move, wanted a fresh start away from him, but he wound up following her and then they reconciled. The Daily Mail suggests this is the case.

I have to say that if I were a parent, the circumstances of this case would make me more nervous about allowing my child on sleepovers. I would not allow certain people into my home; violent men for example, but other people evidently have different ideas of the standard of risk they’d expose children to. It now occurs to me that whilst murder is rare, some offenders might see a sleepover as an opportunity to carry out abuse. I think this is how Rolf Harris had access to his victim who was his daughter’s friend.

I also see Bendall claims to have “no memory” of the murders. Given he knew perfectly well what he had done immediately afterwards and told officers he had killed four people, I don’t believe he then forgot what happened again. I think he simply didn’t want to answer questions about it (which is also I think why he pleaded guilty).

Last edited:
Yes, I think people speculated here that perhaps he was caught sexually assaulting Lacey, maybe by Connie, and that triggered the murders — that is horrific but would make sense, but it sounds like he attacked Lacey and raped her while she was dying, so the details that have come out actually seem worse. I’ve also seen one report that says he raped Lacey twice, in two different rooms of the house. I just can’t get my head around how evil these crimes are.

There was some speculation that Terri had moved to get away from Bendall or upon her move, wanted a fresh start away from him, but he wound up following her and then they reconciled. The Daily Mail suggests this is the case.

I have to say that if I were a parent, the circumstances of this case would make me more nervous about allowing my child on sleepovers. I would not allow certain people into my home; violent men for example, but other people evidently have different ideas of the standard of risk they’d expose children to. It now occurs to me that whilst murder is rare, some offenders might see a sleepover as an opportunity to carry out abuse. I think this is how Rolf Harris had access to his victim who was his daughter’s friend.

I also see Bendall claims to have “no memory” of the murders. Given he knew perfectly well what he had done immediately afterwards and told officers he had killed four people, I don’t believe he then forgot what happened again. I think he simply didn’t want to answer questions about it (which is also I think why he pleaded guilty).
I hear you. I am a parent and super nervous about sleepovers. I know someone who was sexually molested as a young teen at a sleepover by a friend’s step-father. The friend was molested repeatedly for months by her step-father. The step-father was the friend’s mother’s 3rd husband and her response was to get a divorce, which was right, and also switch the races of the men she dated - yes, I’m serious… it had devastating impacts for the girls with one turning to drugs and at 30 still has a very chaotic life. She might have anyways but that didn’t help at all. :(

The probation officer who judged Damien Bendall, who has been jailed for life for murdering three children and his pregnant partner, to be “medium” rather than “high risk” has reportedly been sacked for gross misconduct.

The deputy prime minister has ordered a review into how probation officers handled the case of a man who murdered a pregnant woman and three children while serving a suspended sentence.

"The ex-con said: 'I was in prison with Damian Bendall in 2018. He had a huge drug problem even inside prison, obviously drugs are readily available in prison.'

'I remember one time he was hanging off my shoulder whilst high on Spice asking me to put him in his cell so the guards didn't find him and increase his sentence.' "

Last edited:
"The ex-con said: 'I was in prison with Damian Bendall in 2018. He had a huge drug problem even inside prison, obviously drugs are readily available in prison.'

'I remember one time he was hanging off my shoulder whilst high on Spice asking me to put him in his cell so the guards didn't find him and increase his sentence.' "

Says he raped Lacey at least twice. What a vile specimen. No wonder he pled guilty, he’s avoiding a trial to avoid his paedophilia being highlighted.

Says he raped Lacey at least twice. What a vile specimen. No wonder he pled guilty, he’s avoiding a trial to avoid his paedophilia being highlighted.
It's even worse than that. He killed them with a clawfoot hammer, carried that poor child upstairs to her mother's bed and assaulted her there, next to her dead mother.

He could scare the hell out of Satan.

If hell had a hell...

JMO

I hope this guy gets monster mansion aka hmp Wakefield or maybe somewhere where every cell is filled with someone clawing at the walls to get to someone like him. That’s not a man.

edit
yep, Wakefield it is.

“He was sentenced to a whole life order, meaning he will die behind bars. Derby Crown Court heard that Bendall was being held at Wakefield Prison, a maximum security jail sometimes dubbed Monster Mansion because of the type of prisoners held there, from multiple killers to sadistic rapists.”

Last edited:

A grieving mum has described the man who murdered her pregnant daughter and grandchildren as a "psychopath" and "master manipulator".
Speaking to the BBC, Ms Smith, 57, said Bendall initially seemed "charming" when he and Ms Harris started a relationship, but that her daughter's behaviour began to change.
"He was always with her," she said. "There wasn't a time he wasn't with her. It was just constant. She started to change the way she dressed. She was quieter.
"She's always been a tomboy. Always. But when she started going with him it was always tight shorts and low-cut tops. Her hair became bright red.
"It was as if he was parading her round."

Who thought it was a good idea to let this monster into a prison workshop and have access to a claw hammer??

Sleepover killer Damien Bendall has allegedly left a fellow inmate fighting for their life after smashing their skull with a claw hammer in a prison workshop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ледоруб33.0
Back