Found Deceased UK- Victoria Greenwood, body found in a car park, N. Hertfordshire, 14 Nov. '23, charged w. murder, Robert Brown, 39,*Trial May'24*

dotr

Reaction score
By Dan Mountney

''Victoria Greenwood's body was found in a car park between Roe Green and Wallington on November 14. (Image: Herts police)

A man accused of murdering Victoria Greenwood and dumping her body in a North Hertfordshire car park will stand trial in May.
Robert Brown, of Hitchin Road in Luton, pleaded not guilty to murdering Ms Greenwood, after appearing at Luton Crown Court today.
The 38-year-old, who wore a dark grey tracksuit, denied a second charge of obstructing the Hertfordshire coroner between November 9 and November 15.''
1711054828597.png
''On 14 February, Mr Brown, who wore a dark grey tracksuit, was remanded in custody by Judge Michael Simon at Luton Crown Court.
A trial date has been set for 7 May. It is expected to last for three weeks.''

I'm going to confess to having a personal interest in this one. I've met Mr Brown a couple of times because a close member of my family used to house share with him and others.

I'm not going to comment beyond that until after a verdict is in but felt that, in the interests of transparency, I should declare the tenuous connection.

Luton man sent for trial accused of murder - Bedfordshire Bulletin

From @BreadnLumpit link above

Brown is alleged to have taken Ms Greenwood back to his flat in Hitchin Road, and at 1.53am she was seen trying to flee the flat, partially clothed.

CCTV from the back of the rented flat in Hitchin Roads showed a naked Brown grab her and drag her back inside

Brown said ....... He said he picked her up in Reginald Street and they had consensual sex. After that, he said, she left his flat.

How can he possibly give this defence when the cctv shows what happened ?

The Crown Court at Luton

Daily Courtroom List for Monday 13 May 2024
HIS HONOUR JOHN HILLEN, JUDGE SITTING IN RETIREMENT

Court 3
-
NOT BEFORE 10:30 am
Trial (Part Heard)
U20240484

www.courtserve.net
Robert BROWN 41B22070123

From @BreadnLumpit link above

Brown is alleged to have taken Ms Greenwood back to his flat in Hitchin Road, and at 1.53am she was seen trying to flee the flat, partially clothed.

CCTV from the back of the rented flat in Hitchin Roads showed a naked Brown grab her and drag her back inside

Brown said ....... He said he picked her up in Reginald Street and they had consensual sex. After that, he said, she left his flat.

How can he possibly give this defence when the cctv shows what happened ?
I'm astounded - I was expecting his defence to be something that veered towards getting a jury to reject the murder charge on dim res/ psychotic break/ loss of control stuff, not an outright denial of her having died there at all.

The residence does have a front door - I suppose it's possible that both flats in the building have front and back access doors and that he's claiming she left through the front door, after the events caught on cctv at the back. It's a pretty busy main road though, in an area heavily covered by cctv, so I can't see how he's hoping to make that wash.

Victoria must've been petrified when he dragged her back in. I'm assuming she was seen only on the cctv rather than by someone?

I wonder if warning bells had been ringing with her, it says he was a regular customer, but I wonder if his demands had become more than she was comfortable leading up to this or if it came completely out of thr blue

Victoria must've been petrified when he dragged her back in. I'm assuming she was seen only on the cctv rather than by someone?

I wonder if warning bells had been ringing with her, it says he was a regular customer, but I wonder if his demands had become more than she was comfortable leading up to this or if it came completely out of thr blue
The back of those houses (the flats are a conversion from a traditional 3 bed Edwardian terrace) is not overlooked. The access to the rear is via an alleyway, and the street backing onto Hitchin Road on that side veers away, with the gardens being very long.

No chance of being overlooked except perhaps by the neighbouring houses and that would very much depend on where the back door is - if it's in the traditional place for these houses then it would be virtually impossible for either next door or the upstairs flat occupier to see anything happening close to the door.

I guess we will hear from the victim's friends as to whether she was comfortable with him up until this night - judging by the linked reports, a number of her friends also knew him and communicated with him so if there were any warning bells ringing I would expect them to have discussed it among themselves? (MOO obviously)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01
Back