GUILTY UK - William, 85, & Patricia Wycherley, 63, murdered, Mansfield, May 1998

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE 2 :: MANSFIELD ::

UNCONFIRMED REPORTS ARE SUGGEST THE WOMAN ARRESTED AGED 55 IS THAT OF COUPLE DAUGHTER AGED 55 A SUSAN P EDWARDS of 165 VALENCE WOOD ROAD, DAGENHAM RM8 3AJ ENGLAND WHO AS LIVED AT THAT ADDRESS SINCE 1996 TO 2013 THE MAN NAME IS UNCONFIRMED YET.

Susan P Edwards aged 55 is married to a Christopher J Edwards not sure on age yet maybe he his the 57 year old man arrested.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE NO 3 :: MANSFIELD ::

Unconfirmed reports are suggesting the man arrested with the 55 year old woman is that of Christopher J Edwards aged 57 and the address of 165 VALENCE WOOD ROAD, DAGENHAM RM8 3AJ is a flat while woman who age is 55 maybe Susan P Edwards the daughter of William Geoffrey Wycherley and Patricia Donna Wycherley.

Well thank goodness they have arrested them, it has to be them..i can see no other person who would be able to pull it off

Both Susan Edwards and Christopher Edwards were arrested this morning in Essex, England and transported to Nottinghamshire to be questioned on 2 counts of murder by Nottinghamshire police force investigating claims that both murdered Susan parents William and Patricia concerning house deeds transferred by false signatures exchanged for cash with reports suggesting the dead couple never liked Susan husband before they were married.

Whilst I'm not surprised by this, I am really saddened. I love my parents so much and just cannot wrap my head around how their own flesh and blood could do this to an elderly couple. How could they sleep at night knowing her parents were rotting away in their old back garden?

I'm also surprised it took the cops this long to make an arrest.

ETA I'm also angry that these escaped justice for such a long time. They probably relished in the fact they'd got away with it. Ugh.

Grace I completely agree,my parents are my lifeline and I love them unconditionally. To even think of harming them in any way is inconceivable.

Glad they have arrested them though,couldn't really have been anyone else considering the house sale etc

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I just saw an article about this. I can't say I'm shocked but I'm very saddened. Now I wouldn't be surprised to hear the arrested pair were heading to the nice little holiday cottage in Spain or France they purchased with an unexpected windfall a while back.

Poor Mr and Mrs Wycherley. They were in their senior years, living quietly and deserved to meet their Maker quietly too. I hope whoever did this to them is now aware that they lost much, much more than they ever gained with that dreadful act.

I'll tell you what does shock me - how murderers in the UK can continue to bury bodies in small, overlooked gardens without being spotted. Is it because even though neighbours know someone has disappeared, and someone was digging the garden at the same time, they just can't believe that sort of thing could happen outside of newspaper reports or the movies?

It's a valid question; it seems to happen quite often over there.

BREAKING NEWS :: MANSFIELD :: NOTTINGHAMSHIRE ::

DAUGHTER AND HER HUSBAND CHARGED WITH MURDER OF 2 PEOPLE

The daughter and son-in-law of an elderly couple who disappeared in 1998 and were found buried in a back garden have been charged with their murders.

The remains thought to be of William and Patricia Wycherley were found at the Mansfield house on 9 October.

Tests showed they had been shot, Nottinghamshire Police said earlier.

Susan Patricia Edwards, 55, and Christopher John Edwards, 57, both of no fixed address, have each been charged with two counts of murder.

The pair are due to appear before magistrates on Saturday.

Formal identification has yet to be confirmed but detectives believe the remains are that of Mr and Mrs Wycherley who lived at the house in Blenheim Close, Forest Town, in the 1990s.

Police have said Mr and Mrs Wycherley "were known to be quite reclusive".

I'm glad they've been charged. I wonder who tipped the police off about the bodies being in the garden?

I'm glad they've been charged. I wonder who tipped the police off about the bodies being in the garden?

I doubt we will ever get a definitive answer.

I don't know if anybody here followed the murder of Joanna Yeates in Bristol, but the arrest of the correct perp was made after a tearful tip-off to the police. LE never revealed who made that call or what was said, but it is widely believed to have been the perp's girlfriend. I think there are no obvious answers as to who this tip could have come from with this case IMO.

Are Susan and Christopher themselves childless, do we know? For some reason I'm thinking they are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back