UK - William Pat McCormick, 55, murdered, Comber, 30 May 2019 *arrests*

From yesterday:

Asked what allegedly connects Ms Dodds to the killing, the prosecutor said: "Police believe messages between the applicant and the injured party asking him to go to her flat, rather than her being present."

Opposing Ms Dodds' bail application, the prosecution expressed fears she may attempt to flee.

A defence lawyer argued there is no evidence that Ms Dodds was physically involved in either Mr McCormick's killing or the disposal of his body.

The lawyer said his client denies being in possession of her mobile at the time the texts were sent.

"Who's to say the person who murdered Mr McCormick isn't sending messages from her phone," he added.

Granting bail to Ms Dodds, the judge banned her from entering Comber, Newtownards and a number of surrounding areas.

Woman 'lured murder victim to apartment'
Oh oh, I see where this is going, ugh, his poor family. :(

The four new defendants are jointly accused of withholding information in that allegedly knowing a murder had been committed and having “information which was likely to secure or to be of material assistance in securing the apprehension prosecution or conviction of some person for that offence without reasonable excuse failed to give that information within a reasonable time to a constable.”

The four are:

• Gill’s older brother 41-year-old William Gill, from Terrace View in Waringstown;
  • Andrew Leslie (22), Mourne Crescent in Moneyrea;
  • Jonathan Montgomery (22) from Castle Espie Road in Comber and
  • Jack Rowden (20), c/o Hydebank Young offenders centre.
In addition to being accused of withholding information in relation to the murder Gill, Leslie and Montgomery are also accused of assisting the alleged killers while Rowden faces two charges of perverting the course of justice.

Wm Gill is alleged to have assisted by the “provision of advice;”

Leslie is alleged to have “helped in the disposal of the body” of Mr McCormick and by permitting access to a property on the Magherascouse Road “for the purpose of disposing” of the victim’s body;

Montgomery is alleged to have assisted by “replacing van tyre” and by “allowing his garden to be used for the disposal of evidence;”

Rowden is alleged to have perverted justice by texting Leslie to warn him “not to go to the yard” believing police officers were there and by contacting a woman who intended to report her bin as missing.

William ‘Pat’ McCormick's mistress charged with his murder

A jury were sworn in on Monday in Armagh to hear the trial of three people relating to the murder of William ‘Pat’ McCormick whose body was found in a lake.

With members of the victim’s grieving family watching proceedings at Craigavon Crown Court by videolink, trial judge Mr Justice Scoffield told the jury the trial of the woman and two men would last up to six weeks.

Sitting side by side in the dock the three defendants, 24-year-old Lesley Ann Dodds, Jack Rowden and Andrew Leslie confirmed they were ready for their trial.

:(

Pat McCormick: Murder victim was dumped in wheelie bin in lake​

The body of a Comber man who was murdered in 2019 was disposed of in a wheelie bin and dumped in a lake, a court has heard.
Pat McCormick's body was discovered in Ballygowan six weeks after he was last seen on CCTV in Comber town centre.
The court heard Mr McCormick's body was secured in a bin with straps and weighed down with concrete blocks.
Five people appeared at Belfast Crown Court on charges arising from Mr McCormick's death.
The court heard arguments ahead of four of them being sentenced later in June.
A minimum tariff will also need to be set for David Gill, who pleaded guilty in May to murdering Mr McCormick and has already been handed a life sentence.

Mr McDowell read out a series of relevant text messages sent and received in the hours leading to the fatal attack. The prosecutor said the morning of the murder, Gill sent a message to Mr McCormick’s wife telling her her husband was having an affair with his fiancee.

Dodds was in contact with both Gill and Mr McCormick that day, and that evening Gill sent Dodds a text telling her her loved her and asked her not to leave him.

They continued to communicate via text and in the middle of this, Dodds tried to call Mr McCormick. In later messages from her Facebook account, a message said she had left Gill and asked Mr McCormick to come to her flat.

A series of messages followed from Dodds’ Facebook saying ‘are you not coming’, ‘do you love me’ and ‘fs I left him for you’.

Mr McDowell said that at this time, Gill had Dodds’ phone and also had access to her laptop and Facebook account. Before calling at the flat, Mr McCormick sent a message to Dodds which said ‘you told me you wanted nothing to do with me. I think you’re trying to set me up for a kicking, are you’.

At 10.33pm Mr McCormick called the police and reported he was fearful that David Gill was at his girlfriend’s flat and was worried he was going to get a beating.

He asked police if they could attend the address and was told that was not something they could do without an incident being reported.
At 10.47pm he was captured on CCTV walking along Castle Street - and as Mr McDowell pointed out “this was the last time he was seen alive by anyone other than his killer”.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73
Back