Found Deceased UK - William Scott, 90, Kirkgate, 11 December 2018

HayLouise

Law Student
Reaction score
Search for 90-year-old missing man William Scott in Edinburgh

_104771999_comp.png

Neighbours reported William Scott missing on Tuesday from Chesser.

Initial inquiries found he had been in the Foot of the Walk pub in Leith at 15: 45 and Greggs in the Kirkgate Centre at 16:00 but no further trace has been found.

Police said they are "extremely concerned" because of his age and recent poor health.

Mr Scott is white, around 5ft 1in with balding, white hair. He regularly wears glasses and was last seen wearing a navy jacket, grey trousers and a dark flat cap.

_104774157_dutxy5dx4aam9ch.jpg

"William uses the bus every day to travel around Edinburgh or further afield.

"We are liaising with the bus companies but he may have travelled outwith the capital, so if you think you may have seen him in Edinburgh or elsewhere in South East Scotland or the Central Belt, please call."

Huge search for missing man, 90

BBM

Helicopters drafted in to search for missing Edinburgh pensioner William Scott

Helicopters and police dogs have been drafted in to search for pensioner William Scott who has been missing since Tuesday. William, 90, was last seen at Greggs, in the Kirkgate, around 4pm. Due to falling temperatures, police increased the number of officers in the search that has centred around Leith and his home in Chesser.

A dog unit has been dispatched in the search for William, who lives with dementia and various other medical conditions, for which he requires medication.

Helicopters drafted in to search for missing Edinburgh pensioner William Scott

BBM

New sighting of missing man William Scott

However, following extensive inquiry over the past weekend, William was seen on CCTV as he passed the Finn and Bear pub at the Leith Shore a short time after this and search activity is now underway in and around The Shore.

Members of the public are still asked to check their outbuildings and garden areas to assist with the search for William.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats...ber/new-sighting-of-missing-man-william-scott

BBM

William Scott: Police confirm new sighting of missing Edinburgh pensioner

His granddaughter Charlotte Gibson told the Evening News that her grandad is “very caring and thoughtful” and “still goes round to neighbours to see if they need milk or bread or offer to clean their windows.”

He enjoys travelling by bus but he sticks to his routine and he’s “always glad to get home again and get settled”.

William Scott: Police confirm new sighting of missing Edinburgh pensioner

Edinburgh Police‏Verified account @EdinburghPolice

*** MISSING PERSON *** Can you help us trace 90yr old William Scott. Missing from Chesser area. Last seen 8.45am this morning. Any info call 101, incident 3338 of 11th http://ow.ly/uQKB30mX0uI

DuKmabWW0AEXZ_S.jpg

Edinburgh Police on Twitter

90 year old William Scott missing from Chesser, last seen at Foot of Leith Walk at 4pm Tues 11th Dec. 5'1", balding with white hair to back/sides, wearing navy jacket, grey trousers, dark flat cap. If you've seen William pls call 101 immediately quote ref 3338 11th Dec

DuOtTkEXgAcQTzx.jpg

DuOtTgIWwAAjdjd.jpg

Please check your outbuildings for missing 90 year old William Scott last seen at the Foot of Leith Walk 4pm Tuesday 11th December. He is not in good health with mild dementia and we are extremely concerned for his welfare. Call 101 quote ref 3338 11th Dec

DuTXy5dX4AAm9Ch.jpg

Please keep sharing our appeal to find missing William Scott aged 90. We have had lots of possible sightings but none so far have been Billy, We are gravely concerned for him and would urge people to check their outbuildings. Any info call 101 quote ref 3338 of 11th Dec

DuYbwTcW4AApPha.jpg

Can’t stop thinking about this poor man and his family. It’s so cold at the moment. Sorry I don’t have anything practical to add Hay Louise. My fear from reading websleuths is of course the water. Are you from Edinburgh? Foot of Leith walk is quite far from chesser so a lot of ground and a lot of cctv to cover in between. From his granddaughter’s Twitter it sounds as though police are being very proactive but a week is a long time.

Can’t stop thinking about this poor man and his family. It’s so cold at the moment. Sorry I don’t have anything practical to add Hay Louise. My fear from reading websleuths is of course the water. Are you from Edinburgh? Foot of Leith walk is quite far from chesser so a lot of ground and a lot of cctv to cover in between. From his granddaughter’s Twitter it sounds as though police are being very proactive but a week is a long time.

Very cold at the minute :( I'm from Northern Ireland but seeing this get a lot of attention on twitter.

HeraldScotland‏Verified account @heraldscotland
Police are carrying out further searches and speaking to the public in Leith in the hunt for 90-year-old William Scott, a week after he went missing.

HeraldScotland on Twitter

Heart Scotland News‏ @HeartScotNews
Police say they still need help from the public after searching for missing pensioner William Scott for a week #HeartNews https://www.heart.co.uk/scotland/news/local/police-search-for-missing-pensioner-for-a-week/ …

Heart Scotland News on Twitter

Rest in peace, William Scott, and I hope your family finds peace as well.

I live nearby and walked past where he was found a few times over the holidays. It's a weird feeling. It's about two blocks downstream from where he was last seen, so I'm sure nobody was surprised, but it's spooky to think how long he must have been there out of sight while so many people walked past.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua
Back