United Kingdom Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion* #2

Guys, not to be pain but almost none of the cases whose threads were opened and mentioned here on last two pages will show when you search for UK cases on websleuths.

For thread to be searchable you have to always choose prefix UK and then in subject line again add UK (then city, description etc, and always month and year)

Anything which does not start with prefix UK - UK will NOT be searchable or show when other members will search for it through websleuths. Please remember, when opening new threads. Thank you.

Example:
Searchabe - UK - UK-Halton McCollin, 20, Manchester England, 19/01/2008

Not searchable - UK - Adrian Murphy, 43, found dead of poisoning, Battersea, 4 Jun 2019 *teen arrested*

I have a feeling that when we starts threads in some parts of the forum (eg Crimes in the News) there isn't a drop down box for the UK bit like there is for Missing cases. I may be wrong, but I've started a few threads myself and it's been a while since I got that UK box option.

I have a feeling that when we starts threads in some parts of the forum (eg Crimes in the News) there isn't a drop down box for the UK bit like there is for Missing cases. I may be wrong, but I've started a few threads myself and it's been a while since I got that UK box option.
There does not seem to be a ''drop down box'' for any country/area in the crimes in the news threads. imo.

Guys, not to be pain but almost none of the cases whose threads were opened and mentioned here on last two pages will show when you search for UK cases on websleuths.

For thread to be searchable you have to always choose prefix UK and then in subject line again add UK (then city, description etc, and always month and year)

Anything which does not start with prefix UK - UK will NOT be searchable or show when other members will search for it through websleuths. Please remember, when opening new threads. Thank you.

Example:
Searchabe - UK - UK-Halton McCollin, 20, Manchester England, 19/01/2008

Not searchable - UK - Adrian Murphy, 43, found dead of poisoning, Battersea, 4 Jun 2019 *teen arrested*
I just searched Adrian Murphy (search box top right of screen above my user name, thread titles selected) and it brought up that thread. I'm not sure what you mean by not searchable.

I just searched Adrian Murphy (search box top right of screen above my user name, thread titles selected) and it brought up that thread. I'm not sure what you mean by not searchable.

When you select at the bottom to show All cases from certain state or country - (I and many others often use that in unidentified or missing forum) those without prefix will not show under that list of all threads.

I spend quite some time few days ago searching for one thread, thinking I misremembered country or year just to find out thread did not have prefix so it did not show on full list.

Under threads at the bottom you can select the country/state

upload_2020-1-24_1-53-13.png

There is somewhere thread for new starters how to open new threads and what format subject line should be in. I dont mind if people don't follow this but the least Prefix of the country/state should be there and Year of the case.

Last edited:
Tip:
When in doubt - such as, I know for sure I've seen a certain case here in the past but search comes up empty - I put a key word (or several) into Google plus site:websleuths.com . That usually works.

Oooohh, I have got a quick question, I have started a thread in crimes in the news section about the Brighton Cat Killer, how do I link it so it can be picked up in the UK thread?

You have to copy everything in the address bar, it's at the top of each page, starts with "websleuths.com/forums/...", and then come over to this thread and paste the whole lot here.

Does that help?

Have only just seen this case in our local paper, The Schmargus, had not heard about this Sussex case until today, so sad and terrible, I did search for her name but appeared there was no thread until now...

Mum 'strangled to death while seven-month-old daughter was in the room'

just looking now for more news articles, found this one which goes into more detail about the offence

Bexhill mother 'strangled to death while seven-month-old daughter was in the room'

Did you open a thread for this sad case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5
Back