Updates ~ Court clerk information

In many states, controlled drugs are limited to filling one month at a time. Pain killers are controlled, no 3-month prescriptions are allowed.

Does anyone know how it works in Virginia?

I don't know about Virginia but in my state most dentists will not give a patient more than a one-month supply of pain killers. Many will not even give that--they write the script for maybe a week's worth, as most pain is diminished or gone completely that soon after even a very invasive dental procedure. Often, dental pain responds to over-the-counter meds like ibuprofen, and a reponsible dentist would rather fix whatever is causing dental pain than mask it indefinitely with substances that are addictive.

IIRC, in the UC's report of that deal it was stated that they mentioned Donna would have more pills in three months. That is what led me to believe she was getting three-months at a time.

Reality is, Donna could have faced a separate charge for bringing a controlled substance across state line for sale. That she wasn't says to me that the arrests were not about drug dealing at all, but were solely about Haleigh. Donna had nothing to do with Haleigh so she was charged with the bare minimum she could be charged with--and then got her charge reduced in exchange for her guilty plea. A reduced charge for a guilty plea is very common, but they all pleaded guilty, yet Donna was the only one given a reduced charge in exchange for a guilty plea. If Misty were the one who brought the pills over state lines, I have no doubt she would have faced a separate charge for it!

ETA: Sorry mods, I know this is more appropriate for the general discussion thread but I do not know how to quote from one thread to another.

Does anyone remember if Donna ever lived in VA? I seem to remember that she worked for this dentist at one point - and that is how Misty got the free dental work (mentioned in link I provided above), and the script in Donna's name so it could be filled since Misty had no insurance (also in the link above). I don't have a link that Donna worked for him - so I'll say, JMO

I found a few unlinkable sources saying she used to work for a dentist in Orlando FL but take it FWIW because I don't have a MSM source.

I wonder if the local LE even thought about charging Misty with anything other than murder? She wasn't old enough to be charged with child neglect at age 17, young enough to charge statutory rape if she wanted. Was she offered a lesser charge with life without parole, a juvie can get out after less years in the system, I've read, less than she is serving now, not much but some & they can get out in 20.. More parole board meetings too than an adult. Guess they all went with the easy way out. Not being a child killer, kidnapper or murderer in prison, just low life drugs and guns street dealers who got a bad rap, yeah... It's hard to understand their logic other than how much time any of them would serve. They admitted to some things, others they haven't. jmo What are the possibilities? & now, what the heck is the truth of Haleigh's denise? jmo

For some reason I can not access the criminal court docket PC for tomorrow. Can someone please check and see if SNOD is still scheduled for court on 16-APR-2012 for me please? I would surely appreciate it!

I can't even get on the site B4. I've seen that happen before. Mainly weekends.

Well, good news! I was finally able to access the court dockets! Nothing about today's court (SNOD) has been updated yet ......... so will, once again, patiently await the next items entered. Oh, if I could have been a fly on the wall in that court today.

Why is it we are not getting information concerning the behaviour of the prisoners. They are such up-standing citizens (not), I just can't believe there have been no jail fights. In fact, nothing about any of the outsiders involved in this case, except when CS supposedly left TN and changed her phone number. Any news on that?

Hi all, I have followed HaLeigh's case from the start. This is not a county clerk update, but on the Florida Department of Corrections web site Donna Brock is listed under a different name. If you type in donna brock, it brings you to a page with her picture on it, however, the name is Tammy Griffith on the record and her release date is May 2013. Does anyone know anything about this? I pray we find out more information about our beloved HaLeigh. Please mods, move this post if it should be posted elsewhere.

Hi all, I have followed HaLeigh's case from the start. This is not a county clerk update, but on the Florida Department of Corrections web site Donna Brock is listed under a different name. If you type in donna brock, it brings you to a page with her picture on it, however, the name is Tammy Griffith on the record and her release date is May 2013. Does anyone know anything about this? I pray we find out more information about our beloved HaLeigh. Please mods, move this post if it should be posted elsewhere.

Wow-something is messed up!

Search for Tammy Griffith and you will find her. I think it is just a computer glitch or someone entered the wrong information when Tammy was put into the system, I see she just arrived April 20.

BTW, Donna was to have her hearing today with the court of appeals. Didn't watch yet so don't know what it was about.

04/16/2012 Pre-Trial "Official" Court Notes: (SNOD) -
UCN: 542007CF002375XXAXM

STATE ATTORNEY WITNESS SUBPOENA RETURNED SERVED: "JMW SR" SECOND AMENDED INFORMATION (SEXUAL BATTEY ON PERSON LESS THAN 12 YEARS OF AGE; LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION; LEWD/LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION) THIRD AMENDED INFORMATION (SEXUAL BATTERY ON PERSON LESS THAN 12 YEARS OF AGE; LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION; LEWD/LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION) ARRAIGNMENT MINUTES: DEFT PRESENT, SWORN, ARRAIGNED ON THE THIRD AMENDED INFORMATION STATE'S MOTION FOR RESCHEDULING OF SIMILAR FACT HEARING ORDER ON STATE'S MOTION FOR RESCHEDULING OF SIMILAR FACT HEARING -GRANTED ORDER DENYING STATE'S MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE STATE'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING POTNTIAL PENALTY TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY SELF STATE AND DEFENSE ANNOUNCED READY FOR TRIAL, JURY SELECTED AND CONTINUED UNTIL 4/24/12 AT 9:00AM "BC" DEFENSE WITNESS SUBPOENA RETURNED UNSERVED: MOTION HEARING MINUTES: DEFT PRESENT, ATT BY SELF, ON DEFENSE MOTIONS, COURT TO PREPARE ORDER TO CLARIFY

Count Charge Description
1 SEXUAL BATTERY ON PERSON LESS THAN 12 YEARS OF AGE
Level Degree Offense Date Disposition
F C 09/23/2007 PENDING CHARGE

2 LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION
F 1 09/23/2007 PENDING CHARGE

3 LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION
F 1 12/07/2007 PENDING CHARGE

FYI: (in limine (in limb-in-ay) from Latin for "at the threshold," referring to a motion before a trial begins. A motion to suppress illegally-obtained evidence is such a motion)

IMO: it appears the state added another charge (3) above

typos in court record above not corrected as they are a matter of record - I only changed subpoena witness names to "initials"

So, Tuesday, 24-April-2012 appears to be the start of the trial and I still wish I were a fly on the wall! Wonder if the media will be present?

I wonder if the local LE even thought about charging Misty with anything other than murder? She wasn't old enough to be charged with child neglect at age 17, young enough to charge statutory rape if she wanted. Was she offered a lesser charge with life without parole, a juvie can get out after less years in the system, I've read, less than she is serving now, not much but some & they can get out in 20.. More parole board meetings too than an adult. Guess they all went with the easy way out. Not being a child killer, kidnapper or murderer in prison, just low life drugs and guns street dealers who got a bad rap, yeah... It's hard to understand their logic other than how much time any of them would serve. They admitted to some things, others they haven't. jmo What are the possibilities? & now, what the heck is the truth of Haleigh's denise? jmo

I have yet to see an official statement from LE that Misty was offered any kind of deal. It was said that she was interrogated and was very upset and told LE to "ask Tommy." But again, that was never stated officially by LE or by what I can consider a reliable source. IIRC it was media. Of course, sometimes media has the facts and reports accurately. But sadly, sometimes not.

DONNA BROCK'S ORAL ARGUMENT, April 24, 2012

ATTORNEY SEE claims unconstitutionality of drug statutes to preserve that issue. [This claim has no significance as the min/man statues are legal in FL currently. However, preserving the issue leaves it open to argument at a later date should there be a change in statute or should min/man sentencing ever be declared unconstitutional, IMO.]

Primary issue on appeal is ineffective counsel. SEE states she did not file 3.850 because of letter on record from a friend saying DB was working with investigators re Haleigh and had provided substantial assistance to LE.

JUDGE asks if assistance DB gave was in regard to Haleigh Cummings.

SEE claims it was.

SEE feels probation could have been offered DB as it is her first arrest and it is her understanding that probation was to be the sentence of a co-defendant until that co-defendant "screwed things up" by making certain phone calls from jail.

JUDGE says trial judge had no option to sentence at less than mandatory minimum unless SA had waived the mandatory minimum based on DB having assisted substantially in an investigation. Nothing in trial record shows SA waiver.

SEE says pre-sentence investigation should have been ordered by DB trial attorney so that investigators would have been questioned regarding DB's alleged undercover effort to obtain Haleigh info.

JUDGE says info DB provided to investigators re Haleigh was info they already knew and thus she had provided no substantial assistance.

SEE says what DB provided investigators corroborated that info they had received from another source and corroboration is worth something if there were ever a Haleigh trial.

JUDGE states DB was undercover for Equusearch, not for LE.

SEE states DB was doing work for LE regardless of who instigated the undercover aspect and that she was in constant contact with local and state LE, and that her life could have been in danger had she asked to be LE undercover and anyone found out.

SEE goes on to cite cases of ineffective counsel that apply, stating had DB trial attorney done proper investigation and research there could have been a better deal negotiated for DB.

JUDGE calls that speculative.

STATE OF FLORIDA asks court to affirm the sentence based on documents SEE attached to appeal are not part of the trial record.

[This is my abridged version of the oral argument, not verbatim; anyone wishing to listen can do so. It seems to me as though DB's appeal has little to no chance of going anywhere given documents provided in argument are not part of trial record.]

Any news available of verdict in Daniel Snodgrass trial?? TIA

I wonder also. I know it was still going on Friday.

04/24/2012 (Tuesday)

TRIAL MINUTES:
DEFT PRES, ATT BY SELF
STATE AND DEFENSE ANNOUNCED READY FOR TRIAL, JURY SWORN, PRESENTATION OF TESTIMONY BEGAN 04/24/2012
TRIAL CONTINED UNTIL 04/25/12 AT 9:00 AM
WITNESS TESIFIED
DAILY INFORMATION SHEET
INSTRUCTION GIVEN TO THE JUDGE TO READ TO THE JURY

04/25/2012 (Wednesday)
TRIAL MINUTES:
DEFT PRES, ATT BY SELF
PRESENTATION OF TESTIMONT RESUMED
TRIAL CONTINED UNTIL 04/26/12 AT 9:00 AM
WITNESS TESTIFIED DAILY
INFORMATION SHEET
STATE'S DISCOVERY EXHIBIT
WITNESS LIST
DEMAND FOR RECIPROCAL DISCLOSURE

04/26/2012 (Thursday)
TRIAL MINUTES:
DEFT PRES, ATT BY SELF
PRESENTATION OF TESTIMONY RESUMED
TRIAL CONTINED UNTIL 04/27/12 AT 9:00 AM
WITNESS TESTIFIED DAILY
INFORMATION SHEET

(NOTE: Info taken from FROM Putnam County Criminal Docket - typos are not mine LOL)
Friday events have not been entered into the record as of now.
Personally, I think DS is taking a big risk representing himself! He is still booked into the Putnam County jail. All charges listed (3) still shown as pending. I have checked media sources and found nothing on the court case. Wondering if anything in PDN? I do not have access to its contents.

Just spoke with Clerk of Court in Putnam County...
Daniel Snodgrass....GUILITY...
LIFE IN PRISON!!!!

Maybe he will talk to LE and give them some answers they need to help solve Haleigh's case... IMO.... this man thought he was going to go free on his charges, now that he knows different, will he talk????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platform
Back