US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something fishy going on for sure! I live on my boat a week or two a month, alone. She's only 30 feet, but I feel very safe on her, although she is docked in a marina, not on a mooring. I would not feel so safe on a mooring, unless I had firearms aboard. If you go overboard,you'd make a splash and certainly be yelling. I know am riddled with questions. That nights weather? How close the nearest boat, were they drinking?

So he wakes at 2am but doesn't ring the coastguard until nearly 10hrs later?? Surely you would call them immediately, especially given you've been asleep for 4hrs!!

Moo

Watch id discovery show "dark waters". Think there's 6 episodes. All very well done im.o

Something fishy going on for sure! I live on my boat a week or two a month, alone. She's only 30 feet, but I feel very safe on her, although she is docked in a marina, not on a mooring. I would not feel so safe on a mooring, unless I had firearms aboard. If you go overboard,you'd make a splash and certainly be yelling. I know am riddled with questions. That nights weather? How close the nearest boat, were they drinking?
Haven't we heard this type story before?

So he wakes at 2am but doesn't ring the coastguard until nearly 10hrs later?? Surely you would call them immediately, especially given you've been asleep for 4hrs!!

Moo

I found her missing person Facebook page but it's titled Missing Person not her name. It's only about her, I assume by family. @catseekr this should have her name in the title to make people more aware imo.
I link it here and report my post to mods

Missing Person

Just went back to page 1 and seen it's already been linked sorry! Facepalming myself.

I really find the time discrepancy particularly disturbing. I’ve slept on boats many times. We have a boat. If I woke to find my husband no where to be found I would call for help immediately. He either fell in somehow, he left me on purpose or someone took him and neither scenario warrants waiting 10 hours to get help. Having said that, we always lock our cabin so there’s really no reason for anyone to leave the cabin in the middle of the night and if he did I would def hear him since the beds and cabins aren’t particularly huge. If we were drinking then I may not necessarily hear him but I’d def call for help when I noticed. Idk. The whole thing stinks and just doesn’t seem plausible to me. MOO

Another thing I thought about....we’ve been to the BVIs a few times and every time we’ve used a mooring ball to “anchor” our catamaran. In this instance, I can’t see how the anchor alarm would trip. That would be interesting to know. If they were tied up to a mooring ball or actually anchored.

Very bad journalism. Moo

I read the article. Other than one nasty comment in social media there's no mention in the article of he being an issue let alone "The Bane of her Existence". Are they ommitting information or is it bad journalism?? Thanks for sharing with us and welcome (despite the circumstances)

My thoughts? She never returned to the boat after dinner, regardless of what he se says. I'm sure that whatever happened, happened on land, after dinner. Waiting to see if anyone saw the two of them heading back to the boat after dinner.
Could have carried her anywhere around the island on the dinghy on the way back to the boat or far out to sea...

My thoughts? She never returned to the boat after dinner, regardless of what he se says. I'm sure that whatever happened, happened on land, after dinner. Waiting to see if anyone saw the two of them heading back to the boat after dinner.

I suspect a body would have surfaced by now if it was suicide or an accident MOO so you might be right.
Wouldn't there be cameras showing them getting back on the dinghy?
Her phone was on the boat, do you think if she didn't get back on the boat her items were taken back by 'someone else'?
As they weren't married insurance money doesn't come into play imo?
Edited to take out something from a previous post sorry

The watch commenced “a series of actions, notifications to partner agencies in the Virgin Islands,” and Castrodad said that “we do have indication that the person also reached out to 911,” in addition to calling the Coast Guard to report Heslop missing.

Investigators conducted drift analysis from the vessel that was reportedly anchored 50 yards from shore in Frank Bay and launched boat forces “that commenced a surface search of the shoreline, adjacent islands, and all the waters around and out to sea from where the vessel was located,” Castrodad said.

No sign of missing woman

Picked out the above from the article to point out:
The bf called 911 in addition to the Coast Guard.
The boat was anchored 50 yards from shore in Frank Bay.

That's
I found her missing person Facebook page but it's titled Missing Person not her name. It's only about her, I assume by family. @catseekr this should have her name in the title to make people more aware imo.
I link it here and report my post to mods

Missing Person
That's a good point thank you, it's in the URL and the @ but not the title. I will pass that on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
611CLE