Found Deceased UT - Daniel Brown, 34, Iron County, 28 March 2016

Following...... this is too strange. I'm leaning toward voluntary FWIW

If these folks have trust concerns with government officials, I am sure the last thing they want is to call 911. It would be a vulnerable position to be broke, homeless, and living in a vehicle with kids.

I think this is an independent minded family. I wouldn't think to call 911 if I got stuck in the snow.......until it really was an emergency.

I do think the info that is coming out leaves the whole story open ended. For example the 4pm vs 7pm time. Isn't that day vs night? Or at least sun down. Also the difference between snacks for the kids and a more substantial meal.

Quite bizarre. I can understand a lot of it, but not all just yet.

Yeah, I know what you mean. At one minute I see a pattern of carefully planned disappearance or suicide, and then another piece of information comes out and I'm back to tragic accident.

Jeez.....I need to bite my tongue. Much more to the story it seems.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Strange back story, no?
I have an entirely different level of concern.
Lots of generous people who want to be of help financially. From the sounds of it, if a Go Fund me account is set up for the family, the husband/father might well turn up.
If he is able to, that is.

I've wanted to comment since page one, but had to read through all the posts firsts. This is definitely strange. None of it makes sense as it has been presented. There is no logic in any of it. As someone mentioned earlier, it makes NO sense whatsoever to leave your family in a vehicle at 7pm to go for help. You would wait until morning so you would at least have more daylight. And the whole "he was so concerned for his family that he left at 7pm because he wanted to get help pronto and didn't want to delay" is bs as far as I'm concerned, because if he were so worried, he wouldn't have taken the keys and left the windows down.
So I think the wife has more info to share. Either they were arguing and he left in a huff or she is part of some scheme and the plan was to rely "on the kindness of strangers" if you know what I mean.... as in the form of donations. I find it odd that she miraculously discovered the cell phone in the morning -- enough time to have passed so that he could be really lost, but not soon enough to have actually been of help. I wonder where the family is now? Do we know? Are they with family? Certainly they are not living in their van still.

moo

I never found the post on the news site but the one on her FB page is CRAZY!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! The August post sure shed new light on the situation!

Now I'm almost convinced he left them out there to die. The only thing I can't figure out is why he left the cell phone, maybe he didn't think she would find it?

His disappearance might be the best thing that could have happened to the wife and children. I hope they get serious help!

OMG! The August post sure shed new light on the situation!

Now I'm almost convinced he left them out there to die. The only thing I can't figure out is why he left the cell phone, maybe he didn't think she would find it?

If he's walked out on them, why would he need his old phone? Or have a phone they could trace? If he has deliberately left them, I wouldn't be surprised if he already had a new and unused phone ready to go.

Rhetorical question - if the family was out looking for a place to camp why not camp where they got stuck? Apparently they had supplies for a camp so why would dad take off looking for help instead of waiting til morning? I just find that curious.

This has probably been talked about already but I missed it while I was scanning the posts.

JMO

As peculiar as this situation appears to be, I hate for anyone to be loose a parent.
I'm hoping extended family can swoop up the immediate family and strengthen ties. If Mr. Brown is deceased they will need it. If Mr. Brown has walked away, they will really need it.

As I recall the sheriff said he would have a better idea about the situation by the end of the day.

Given what has been reported I still think this is a situation where the van got stuck and he went for help. If he was trying to abandon his family why not just park in the Walmart parking lot, go into the store for something and then just disappear. If this was a planned escape and he was trying to leave his family then getting the van stuck was what? He got it stuck on purpose, it was just a bonus to his plan? Why take the keys? Why not wait until they got the campsite then sneak away in the middle of the night? For me it just doesn't make sense that this was a planned walk-away.

In my opinion, a person who leaves their wife and four children in a van in the Utah mountains in March, with the windows open and no keys to be able to close them, when a snow storm has started, was not trying to "save" anyone. It sounds like the contrary to me.

moo

In my opinion, a person who leaves their wife and four children in a van in the Utah mountains in March, with the windows open and no keys to be able to close them, when a snow storm has started, was not trying to "save" anyone. It sounds like the contrary to me.

moo
Maybe kind of a passive-aggressive murder-suicide?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just pray that the kids and the mom go to her family and stay safe now. That post in August is amazingly scary! I think we are looking at a situation where the fact that the mom and kids are alive is extremely lucky!

<modsnip>
It's not the moms fb so it's against tos to share it.

Follow the link to the news page and read the comments. Links in the comments should lead you

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back