UT - Kaylissa O'leary, 17, fatally shot at party, car missing, 24 Aug 2019

Not too much else being reported yet. I'm sure LE is on it.

Was It An Accident Or Intentional? Police Investigate ‘Suspicious’ Shooting Death Of 17-Year-Old Girl At House Party

Copper Hills students, teachers remember 17-year-old gunshot victim

Mystery surrounds shooting at Utah house party that left 17-year-old Kaylissa O’Leary dead

O’Leary had recently started her senior year at Copper Hills High School in West Jordan. Principal Bryan Veazie told KUTV that O’Leary was “very friendly, very upbeat” and “very personable.”

“It’s weird to come to class one day and your classmate you just met isn’t there any more, just all of a sudden,” Carson Maylett told the station. “She seemed like a pretty cool girl, it’s just crazy.”

Anyone with information about the shooting should contact the police at (801) 743-7000.

This seems very strange. I have a feeling it was not suicide

Reactions: mrz
I cannot stop thinking about this case. There are some unanswered questions. For instance:
Why can they not find the weapon
Why was her car missing
Why is no one talking to cops...but talking on SM
Why everyone ran...I get being scared I would leave to, but if it was a suicide I would then go back and talk to police.
Maybe some of these questions have been answered so I am sorry if posting something outdated

Was It An Accident Or Intentional? Police Investigate ‘Suspicious’ Shooting Death Of 17-Year-Old Girl At House Party
kaylissa-oleary-fb.jpg

[QUOTE="abeaman02, post: 15368628, member: 192240"
Why can they not find the weapon
Why was her car missing
Why is no one talking to cops...but talking on SM
Why everyone ran...I get being scared I would leave to, but if it was a suicide I would then go back and talk to police.
[/QUOTE]

My guesses:

I also don't think it was a suicide. I think it was more likely something like people goofing off. Russian roulette is a possibility.

I would guess there was substantial use of drugs at the party; thus people ran and are not talking to the cops because they don't want to get arrested for drugs.

Probably the gun owner is the one who removed it--so as to avoid criminal charges.

Some of the people fleeing the law may have taken her car--perhaps people who came with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back