UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

One thing I'm a little confused about is why the parents weren't up and getting ready for work themselves. Why were they still in bed while Macin was getting ready for school alone? Not that he needed help tying his shoes or pouring a bowl of cereal, but was this normal for them to stay in bed so late on a weekday? (Yes, I consider 7:40 a.m. kinda late.....Mrs. Smith was at least working wasn't she?) I'm not saying this is a "clue" or anything; just an observation.

On another note, when I think of "commune" type living arrangements, I always think of the midwest. I have never looked into anything like this, but are there communities like that out there? Have any such places/communes/encampments been visited to look for Macin?

One thing I'm a little confused about is why the parents weren't up and getting ready for work themselves. Why were they still in bed while Macin was getting ready for school alone? Not that he needed help tying his shoes or pouring a bowl of cereal, but was this normal for them to stay in bed so late on a weekday? (Yes, I consider 7:40 a.m. kinda late.....Mrs. Smith was at least working wasn't she?) I'm not saying this is a "clue" or anything; just an observation.

On another note, when I think of "commune" type living arrangements, I always think of the midwest. I have never looked into anything like this, but are there communities like that out there? Have any such places/communes/encampments been visited to look for Macin?

Do you mean intentional communities, which some people refer to as communes? I think of them mostly as a west coast thing, but they're everywhere. Interesting idea - you could show up without ID and live and work on a commune for years without anyone knowing your real identity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intentional_communities#North_America

I'm sure there are many that are unofficial and unknown as well.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Interesting idea. I think I remember someone going missing who was found on a commune but didn't want to leave. And the case of the teacher in Tennessee who kidnapped a student stayed with her at a commune in California. If someone could put up with the work/lifestyle/rules it might be a way to disappear.

It seems really hard for such a large handsome young man to go missing in the public without being found.
Guess there is 2 options he's living out there somewhere unnoticed or he was off into the desert.

Prayers he'll be found safe.

It seems really hard for such a large handsome young man to go missing in the public without being found.
Guess there is 2 options he's living out there somewhere unnoticed or he was off into the desert.

Prayers he'll be found safe.

Agreed.

I do like to think that the searches they have completed in the desert would have found something if he was out there. Although, I do question what Macin was doing so close to the family home so many hours after he first disappeared if he is in fact living off the grid. Ugh, Macin :(

Macin Smith still missing — with no hot leads — more than 2.5 years later

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/n...ot-leads-more-than-2-5-years-later/491658002/

However, the night prior, Smith's mother had unplugged the home's internet router sometime after her son was in bed so he wouldn't be tempted to stay up late using his electronics on a school night. His father woke up around 1:30 a.m., found Smith using his electronics after his curfew, and confiscated his laptop computer and cell phone.

Smith's parents relinquished those devices to the St. George Police Department after he was reported missing. Sgt. Choli Ence previously told The Spectrum & Daily News very little information to aid the investigation was gleaned from his texts, emails and internet history. But other helpful information may be on its way, according to a video Smith's mother posted on the Facebook group. Tracey Bratt-Smith has recently taken a step back from engaging with online users and speaking directly with The Spectrum & Daily News for personal reasons.

Link to NCMEC age progression photo of what Macin could possibly look like at 20:

https://api.missingkids.org/missing...act=viewPoster&caseNum=1254151&orgPrefix=NCMC

Newest search planned for 9/8/18 in St. George: https://www.facebook.com/groups/macinsarmy/permalink/2063067457298408/

hard drive still a work in progress, but has not indicated any hints as to motives or whereabouts thus far

Thanks for this! (Are you part of the family or friends? You have much knowledge! Would be a great VI)

I can’t believe how different this age progression looks. So grown up. Can see the similarities between his brother though.

3 long years this time.

27bf715e344a3ec2357c8e030db8e7b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Are you part of the family or friends? You have much knowledge! Would be a great VI)
I can’t believe how different this age progression looks. So grown up. Can see the similarities between his brother though."

27bf715e344a3ec2357c8e030db8e7b4.jpg

I think this image is a bit off the mark. The inside corner of the eyes aren't the same, the teeth aren't, the tip of the nose isn't, the left upper ear isn't. Something about the jaw or mouth is off. I don't think it looks like his brother, either. If I saw someone who looked like this, I wouldn't think it was Macin for a second.

Last edited:
I think this image is a bit off the mark. The inside corner of the eyes aren't the same, the teeth aren't, the tip of the nose isn't, the left upper ear isn't. Something about the jaw or mouth is off. I don't think it looks like his brother, either. If I saw someone who looked like this, I wouldn't think it was Macin for a second.

personally I would agree

I recently watched the special on this case for the second time. My ideas have changed since the first time that I saw it.

Who do you think is the one person that the lead detective was referring to who could solve the case? Nevermind. Don't answer. I don't think we can speculate. If Macin was out in the desert, how would one person know this and if they did, why keep it secret now after all this time? It's such a mystery. I wish I lived closer to that location. I might want to really work on this case as a volunteer.

I recently watched the special on this case for the second time. My ideas have changed since the first time that I saw it.

Who do you think is the one person that the lead detective was referring to who could solve the case? Nevermind. Don't answer. I don't think we can speculate. If Macin was out in the desert, how would one person know this and if they did, why keep it secret now after all this time? It's such a mystery. I wish I lived closer to that location. I might want to really work on this case as a volunteer.

I would really appreciate it if you could expand... because, I'm not sure that I believe everything is as straight forward as it seems in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back