GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #9

Does anyone remember when the judge will have a decision on the murder? I guess I should go look back for that because I think with the new changes here tomorrow I will be lost for a long time.

OK, the judge took it under advisement on June 30th and didn't give a date for a decision. ( I thought it was long ago).

Oh waahhh

CC‏@courtchatter·5 mins
Spencer says #MartinMacNeill is not surprised at the verdict. "Given how he has been treated in the judicial system" pic

Oh, please.

:banghead:

Thanks so much, Worry Wart, for all the tweets! It was almost like being there! I'm so unhappy HLN stopped doing trials even though they stunk at it, LOL.

I'm so sick of Randy and Martin, though, that I think it was somewhat of a privilege not to have to see them again. All that whiny, hero-worshiping crap from Randy was too much to take.

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 32s

BREAKING NEWS: #MartinMacNeill GUILTY of forcible sex abuse.

So fast and thank God. Another sexual pervert murderer is off the streets.
(Only 50,000 or so more to go. :scared:)

Jury did good work, IMO.

Thanks for the company, everyone. :seeya:

Alrighty then, Twitter Trial Tweet Transcribing is done for a bit so I need to go see if I still have a real life. I leave verdict watch in your hands! I bet it won't take too long, but who knows? :seeya:

I've been AFK today and came here and :grouphug: Worry Wart for giving the summary for us all and documenting. :blowkiss:

Justice prevails, again. Praying the judge doesn't toss the murder conviction.

Tonight on Dateline ID ~ 9pm est
Secrets in Pleasant Grove

Exploring the case of Utah doctor Martin MacNeill, who was accused of drugging and drowning his wife in their bathtub in April 2007.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 15m
I won't be attending the #MartinMacneill sentencing on sex aslt chrgs today. Follow @BenWinslow @jm_miller @paigefieldsted for live tweets

Hummm. Sentencing is today?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 28m
#MartinMacneill's sentencing in the sex assault case has been postponed. Sigh....glad I didn't drive down there.

http://fox13now.com/2014/08/25/sex-abuse-sentencing-for-martin-macneill-delayed/

PROVO — Sentencing for Dr. Martin MacNeill, convicted of forcible sex abuse, has been delayed.

Both prosecutors and defense attorneys agreed to the delay on Monday. Prosecutors requested time to respond to a new defense motion to toss the case.

Alexis Somers, the victim in the case, left the courthouse frustrated.

“We just want to move on and we want him to face justice,” she told FOX 13 as she walked out with her aunt, Linda Cluff.

Somers accused MacNeill of groping her back in 2007, shortly after the death of her mother. Defense attorney Randy Spencer claimed that a tape-recorded interview that police did with her was lost, and a police report summarizing that interview was handed over far too late.

“That made it impossible for us to use Alexis’ own statements to cast reasonable doubt which i believe was abundant during the case,” he said.

Spencer has asked for the entire sex abuse case to be dismissed.

“I don’t believe we can have a new trial that would guarantee my client a fundamental fairness in the system when the police department has lost the most critical piece of information for a defendant who has been charged with a he said-she said type of case, that being the recorded statement of the alleged victim,” he told FOX 13.

Utah County prosecutors left the courthouse declining to comment.

MacNeill is also awaiting sentencing in the 2007 murder of his wife, Michele. Prosecutors contend he drugged and drowned her inside their Pleasant Grove home, so he could carry on an affair with another woman.

FOX 13 typically does not name sex abuse victims, but after her father was convicted she chose to speak publicly about it.

“I definitely want closure and I know there’s a lot of other people out there who have been victimized by my father who would like to see him held accountable and get some of that closure as well,” Somers said.

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 33m

URGENT: Judge rejects #MartinMacNeill's request for a new murder trial, clearing the way for sentencing. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 29m

The judge dismissed #MartinMacNeill's claims for a new trial as "without merit." I'm uploading the ruling to http://fox13now.com . #Utah

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 26m

Judge Pullan wants prosecutors and #MartinMacNeill's attorneys in court next week to set a sentencing date in the murder case. @fox13now

This precious family was tormented by this mean monster MacNeill for many years. Just one more weekend....

After Martin's criminal trial, I received the kindest email communication from Linda. Not only did I follow the trial here but I also commented often on her blog. I want everyone here to know that we richly blessed that family by standing in the gap with them as they awaited justice in the vicious murder of their beautiful mother and sister, Michele.

Martin MacNeill possesses a depraved heart. There is no single link for that remark. Instead, there is a lengthy murder trial to support its accuracy. As far as the other woman, I refuse to place her name in the same post with Michele. She does not exist as far as I am concerned; whereas, Michele was a princess and now she is an angel.

Linda's blog that she maintained for her sister:

http://martinmacneill.info/

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·4 mins
I'm in court in #Provo. A judge is expected to set a sentencing date for #MartinMacNeill on his murder conviction. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·2 mins
Judge Pullan has a packed courtroom and no sign of #MartinMacNeill or his lawyer (yet). @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·19 secs
Judge calls #MartinMacNeill's case first. Defense is on the phone, defendant is not here. @fox13now #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·44 secs
Court is in session. Def atty Randy Spencer appears via telephone. #MartinMacNell isn't in court today.

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·32 secs
Randy Spencer says #MartinMacNeill won't cooperate with sentencing agents, won't speak. @fox13now #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·41 secs
Spencer just said that #MartinMacNeill won't speak at sentencing. Questions why a 2-hr hearing should be set?

"We don't need a big production," Spencer says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·1 min
Judge Pullan sets sentencing for #MartinMacNeill on Sept. 19 @ 9:30 a.m. @fox13now #Utah

Outside court, prosecutors said victims have a right to be heard. Judge will have to sentence #MartinMacNeill to 15-life. @fox13now #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·1 min
Outside of court, prosecutor Chad Grunander said sentencing is not "a production," but a "victim's right." #martinmacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·40 secs
The big question is will judge add obstruction charge on top of murder sentence or set it to run with it? @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

CORRECTION: #MartinMacNeill sentencing set for 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 19. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·47 secs
Any appeals for #MartinMacNeill now have to be taken care of AFTER sentencing is imposed. @fox13now #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·28 secs
Prosecutors told reporters that two of #MartinMacNeill's daughters and Michele's sister will speak at the sentencing.

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·19 secs
Judge calls #MartinMacNeill's case first. Defense is on the phone, defendant is not here. @fox13now #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·44 secs
Court is in session. Def atty Randy Spencer appears via telephone. #MartinMacNell isn't in court today.

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·32 secs
Randy Spencer says #MartinMacNeill won't cooperate with sentencing agents, won't speak. @fox13now #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·41 secs
Spencer just said that #MartinMacNeill won't speak at sentencing. Questions why a 2-hr hearing should be set?

"We don't need a big production," Spencer says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·1 min
Judge Pullan sets sentencing for #MartinMacNeill on Sept. 19 @ 9:30 a.m. @fox13now #Utah
bbm

Can a judge sentence him for being a jerk also? That's putting it nicely. lol

"I hereby sentence you to life in prison. And for being a jerk, you must wear this shirt."

"In addition, you will have a one hour weekly tongue lashing session with Nancy Grace."

"I hereby sentence you to life in prison. And for being a jerk, you must wear this shirt."

"In addition, you will have a one hour weekly tongue lashing session with Nancy Grace."

Love that shirt!

Seth Mazzgalia tried to get away with not showing up for sentencing and it didn't work out for him. That was in NH and maybe different than Utah.

I think Randy Spencer is just about as bad at MM! imo

Love that shirt!

Seth Mazzgalia tried to get away with not showing up for sentencing and it didn't work out for him. That was in NH and maybe different than Utah.

I think Randy Spencer is just about as bad at MM! imo
For a minute I thought I was in the wrong thread. This punishment would also apply well to Jodi Arias, with her "survivor" T-shirts and she hates Nancy Grace!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back