UT UT - Nathan Haun, 17, Payson, 13 July 2013

Tonya421

Reaction score
PAYSON, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) – The death of a Spanish Fork teen is a mystery to investigators who discovered his body early Saturday morning.

Nathan Tyler Haun, 17, of Spanish Fork was spotted by a driver around 5:30 a.m. lying in the middle of Arrowhead Trail between Salem and Payson.

Haun was at a house party Friday night in Payson hours before he died. According to investigators, a group of teens who were at the party are staying quiet, possibly because there was underage drinking.

Cannon said the teenagers and their parents are not talking and have hired attorneys, which makes Haun’s death look suspicious.

“They’re not only not cooperating with us, they’re being very uncooperative, so what we’re really not getting the detail we need from the people we think know what happened,” he said.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-death-of-Spanish/tVhCsAG8G0a429ce_r7pCg.cspx

Mystery surrounds death of Utah teenager whose body was left in the middle of a highway after leaving a house party. (Daily Mail)
---
Preston Haun told RadarOnline that he does not believe his son’s death was from a random hit-and-run accident and that he believes he knows who is responsible.
---
'I believe he was run over on purpose. There were no skid marks. It was like he was hit and they kept on going.'
---
Haun said that he has heard that his son was 'talking to a girl and maybe there was an argument with people he didn’t know, or people he had only known for a few hours.'
---
Police say Nathan Haun got into an argument with another teenager over a girl at the party, but they have ruled out that teen’s involvement in Haun’s death.
---
Rumors have been rampant online.
---
Police have said they're about to make arrests in the case.
---
more at the link

The teen he had argued with over a girl has been cleared, it says that in the first link.

It isn't unusual that people aren't talking.
Unfortunately the underage drinking thing would be enough to keep them from talking.
We've had bodies dumped when someone overdosed... instead of calling for help people cover their a$$.
It doesn't mean that they know anything about his death.

This is only half a mile off the main highway that connects Springville/Spanish Fork/Salem/Payson.
That main highway/state street is one that semis use to get between the towns.

I don't know if semis drive on Arrowhead as well but it is certainly possible.
A semi could hit this kid and not even realize he had hit anything. :twocents:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...cle_b7972f4e-509f-5920-a8f1-158f25ba931b.html

Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff's Office said they have received a few tips over the past few months, but no promising leads have developed yet.

"There is still some evidence that was found at the scene from an automobile that had some blood on it. There is still a small chance that might be able to be connected to a vehicle that hit him and to be identified as a specific vehicle," Cannon said. "It has been really frustrating. We still believe that whoever hit him had to have known just because of the extent of the injuries. We don't think someone could have hit him and not known."

The Haun family deserves answers. If the ***RUMORS*** are true, there are several families in Spanish Fork that know exactly what happened that night. Again-***RUMORS*** - say that several parents gathered together one night and destroyed their teens phones because there were text messages that were evidence of what transpired. This is a rumor that I have heard several times. IF this rumor is true, I sincerely am ashamed of these parents. Never should a parent cover up something like this that their child has been involved in. :furious:

From July 2014:

http://fox13now.com/2014/07/08/poli...wers-one-year-after-spanish-fork-teens-death/

“That driver that’s responsible knows they did it. And they need to come forward, and that’s what we’re asking for,” said Det. Quin Fackrell.

They posted a sign in the same spot Haun was killed on Arrowhead Trail, in between Salem and Payson. In bright, red letters, it asks drivers, “Remember Nathan Haun?”...

According to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the person who hit Haun was likely driving a 1994 Dodge truck... but, because of how common the truck is, they’re not optimistic it will lead to the driver.

Happy birthday Nathan. Your case deserved more attention.

July 13, 2021
The cold case of Nathan Haun, a hit and run victim from 2013
Haun-hit-and-run-768x440.jpg

Investigators and the family of a hit and run victim are hoping someone will come forward with answers to put to rest the death of 17-year-old Nathan Huan. Photo: screengrab KSL 5 TV.

''Did someone hit Nathan Haun intentionally?
The crash happened on July 13, 2013. KSL 5 TV reporter Andrew Adams spoke recently with officials who believe that the driver hit Nathan Haun on purpose.

“We believe the vehicle had to be going somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 miles per hour,” said Sgt. Spencer Cannon, a spokesman for the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.

“His injuries were significant enough to make us think that it’s very likely that somebody did this to him on purpose,” Cannon said.

Adams reports that investigators think it was a Dodge pickup truck that killed Nathan Haun.''

July 12, 2021
Sheriff's Investigators Seek Help Solving 8-Year-Old Fatal Hit-And-Run Case
“We assumed that whatever happened was enough to make him feel like, ‘I’m not going to wait around for my ride,’” Cannon said.

Cannon said while it was unknown if that had any bearing on what happened, or if Haun had any enemies who wished him harm, based on the circumstances of the case, investigators now believe it was “likely” Haun was hit intentionally.

“His injuries were significant enough that it’s very likely someone did this to him on purpose,” Cannon said.

After analyzing vehicle remnants left at the scene, investigators believed the vehicle that hit Haun was a Dodge pickup from model years 1994 to 2002 — likely 1994.

Anybody with information in the case was asked to contact the Utah County Sheriff’s Office at 801-794-3970.''

Another teen was killed and found in the road. I sincerely hope his case is solved. Where is the justice for Nathan?

Another teen was killed and found in the road. I sincerely hope his case is solved. Where is the justice for Nathan?

Noah's case is what brought me here. It seems they know who did it but still no arrest 11 years later. Can't imagine what this has been like for Nathan's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back