UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The journal entries, released by the Washington County Attorney’s Office, mainly focused on two of Franke’s six children. Officials redacted their names and identified the daughter, 9, as “E” and the son, 12, as “R.”

In a July 12, 2023 entry, Franke wrote that she cut her daughter's hair off and "doused" her with water in the "dog wash."

"E said she wanted to run away. Jodi told E she has no idea what is waiting for her," Franke wrote.

UGH, I remember thinking that the "dog wash" (as shown in the photos of Jodi's house) was located awfully close to the (un)"safe room" and was more likely used to punish/torture the kids than for its intended purpose.

Trigger warning on the photos at this link. It's bad

Hopefully R&J each end up serving the 15 yrs.
I found Ruby's statement at her sentencing vomit worthy.
She's had years of experience playing to the camera.
Kevin disgusts me as much as she does.

Hopefully R&J each end up serving the 15 yrs.
I found Ruby's statement at her sentencing vomit worthy.
She's had years of experience playing to the camera.
Kevin disgusts me as much as she does.

Yep let’s not forget he said in a interview “ he wishes he was a better husband”

Yet he never apologized for being an awful dad did he and wishing he had done better?!! He is disgusting!!

So Ruby stole all the children’s savings accounts as well. Kevin confirms that in the audio.

I just listened to Kevin and Ruby in a prison phone call and he is absolutely abhorrent. No wonder they were married for so many years. All he cares about is money and that seems to be his biggest concern off the bat. I never liked him but the fact he doesn’t show concern or anger for his children’s welfare and wants to know about money. WOW!!

I listened to another call that was published by that YouTuber, between Ruby and her sister and she’s saying someone is going to stay neutral as to her when she comes up for parole and that that is a huge big deal. But the person won’t stay neutral when it comes to Jodi.

Who is this person and why are they not going to support Justice for the kids when it comes to Ruby?

Shivwits Cemetery on the Shivwits Indian Reservation
a spot the ladies liked to take the kids to torture them by making them stand barefoot out in the midday scorching sun

Thankful they at least redacted the portions of the journal that contain the "confessions" forced from these children. I am livid after having read Ruby's journal. My heart breaks for the kids. They are so strong and every little "defiance" Ruby describes in the journals by either child made me so proud of them - for fighting back - for hanging on - for simply surviving the diabolical machinations of these evil evil evil women.
And there was Kevin,weeping at her sentencing.

IMO:
A loving father who had morals and compassion would have stood up and told the judge/courtroom that he will move heaven and earth to try and make sure both women remain behind bars for the 15 yrs max.for the torturous abuse to his children that will scar them for the rest of their lives.
Ruby's parents and brother are as sick as she is.

Throughout the entries, Franke states that Hildebrandt was searching for property with “open land” to buy in Arizona “where these two can work.”

The women planned to move forward with financing the property quickly, the entries indicate.

“They will think they won,” Franke wrote of her children. “They will think they got what they wanted. They will relax. Then... POP!!! We will drop them like hot potatoes out in the desert. Their new home!”

Franke said this “new home,” later described as a 500-acre plot that Hildebrandt found, would have room for them to build a ranch, so the children could experience “natural outcomes” — like a kick from a horse or cactus to run into.

“The devil does not want us to take [the children] out of society,” Franke wrote. “He did not want Jodi finding this property. He wanted Jodi and I down at the police station... not discovering a place to bring intervention to his entanglement of my children.”

I thought they went to the parole board after they served the minimum 4 years?
@5:56 she says they're going before the parole board for the first time in Sept.
???

Ruby said that she thinks she's getting out before Jodi.

Throughout the entries, Franke states that Hildebrandt was searching for property with “open land” to buy in Arizona “where these two can work.”

The women planned to move forward with financing the property quickly, the entries indicate.

“They will think they won,” Franke wrote of her children. “They will think they got what they wanted. They will relax. Then... POP!!! We will drop them like hot potatoes out in the desert. Their new home!”

Franke said this “new home,” later described as a 500-acre plot that Hildebrandt found, would have room for them to build a ranch, so the children could experience “natural outcomes” — like a kick from a horse or cactus to run into.

“The devil does not want us to take [the children] out of society,” Franke wrote. “He did not want Jodi finding this property. He wanted Jodi and I down at the police station... not discovering a place to bring intervention to his entanglement of my children.”

I believe if she had taken them out of state they would have killed them. I sadly believe that was the plan.

I hope R understands he saved their lives that day and I can not imagine the courage it took to sneak off to get help after being caught before and punished quite harshly for that act of disobedience from Ruby.

IMO

Last edited:
One of the dumbest and dangerous cop moves ever or am I missing something?

The male cop let Jodi go into her bathroom, close the door and she was in there almost 5 minutes.
She could have come out shooting,OD'ed, split her wrists etc,
You're not missing something. I was shocked too. That phone should have been taken away from her as soon as she opened the door.

@5:56 she says they're going before the parole board for the first time in Sept.
???
Rather than the judge determining the sentence, in Utah prisoners are remanded to prison for 6 months and then the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole determines the date the prisoner is eligible for parole.
Biographies for board members here.

I believe if she had taken them out of state they would have killed them. I sadly believe that was the plan.
Yes, the prosecutors believed the children would not ultimately have survived the abuse from RF and JH.

Ruby called Kevin from jail. When Kevin said the condition of the children sounded pretty serious (I don't think he knew the details at that point) and they'd be in the hospital for three days, Ruby responded by saying that the kids being hospitalized was so unnecessary.

The photos of R's leg wounds were ghastly -- so horrible that he couldn't have been taken to an emergency room without CPS being alerted.

Last edited:
Rather than the judge determining the sentence, in Utah prisoners are remanded to prison for 6 months and then the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole determines the date the prisoner is eligible for parole.
Biographies for board members here.
Thank you!
Since it's a 1-15 yrs sentence does that give the parole board the option of choosing anywhere
between 1 and 15 yrs for their first parole hearing?
I'll look at the board members.
Thanks again.

Anyone:
Has Jodi ever said that she asked God (her God) for forgiveness and he forgave her?
IMO:
That usually goes hand in hand when these radical religious ones get caught for horrendous acts/crimes.

This enables the radical religious ilk to continue supporting her or whomever then say God already forgave her so who am I to throw that stone, thingy.

"Also included in the records is a handwritten journal that Franke kept, according to the Washington County attorney’s office. It documents a timeline of the children’s abuse as well as Franke’s apparent musings of “religious extremism” that prosecutors say motivated the women to harm the kids".

"

Since it's a 1-15 yrs sentence does that give the parole board the option of choosing anywhere
between 1 and 15 yrs for their first parole hearing?
I'll look at the board members.
Thanks again.
Well, yes and no.
This is how I understand it: RF and JH have each pled guilty to multiple charges and the punishment assessed for each charge by Board of Pardons and Parole will be served CONSECUTIVELY, not concurrently.
Minimum would be four years. Maximum for all charges, because of the cap imposed by Utah, would be 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4gardening