UT - Rickie Rubick, 75, found in freezer of assisted care facility, St. George, 18 Jan 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
According to a report from the Utah Department of Health and Human Services as well as the family of the deceased, 75-year-old Rickie Rubick was found by staff inside a locked kitchen freezer of The Meadows at Escalante assisted care facility at 950 S. 400 East on Jan. 18.

According to Rubick’s family, when she was found her body temperature was 79 degrees. She died four days later at St. George Regional Hospital.

St. George Police said there will not be a criminal investigation, but the state health department has placed The Meadows on a conditional license through June 30 – meaning the provider is “at risk of losing their license because compliance with licensing rules has not been maintained.” During this period, state inspectors are doing several additional, random monitoring inspections at the facility’s expense.

What kind of assisted living facility was this? Is it more of a nursing home or one where they are more independent.

No criminal investigation? If they like, found security footage of Mr. Rubick somehow wandering into the freezer by himself (meaning nobody put him there) they would have gotten that information through a criminal investigation.**

** Hypothetical situation in which this didn't happen because of malevolent actions.

Oh my this really hurts, I took care of my mother with dementia. Looks like a large facility meaning a staff to patient ratio that should have prevented this horrible awful situation.
Thanks for checking that out. I didn't even think to do that.

What kind of assisted living facility was this? Is it more of a nursing home or one where they are more independent.

No criminal investigation? If they like, found security footage of Mr. Rubick somehow wandering into the freezer by himself (meaning nobody put him there) they would have gotten that information through a criminal investigation.**

** Hypothetical situation in which this didn't happen because of malevolent actions.
They said it was locked though...

I'm not arguing with you; i guess there are all kinds of locks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back