Utah connections...

golfmom said:
It's so hard to say with this family ... they seem to change their names more than some people change their underware.

Please read this article for what I believe is insight into a way of life we have never experienced. http://www.rickross.com/reference/irish_travelers/irish_travelers10.html

I see the Peters/ Abaroas as being a smaller version of the Irish Travelers/ Greenhorns. Just my opinion, of course. :)
This is about how the Irish Travelers/ Greenhorns lie, change their names, and commit petty crimes..
They were in the national spotlight when one of the young women, Madelyne Gorman Toogood, beat her 4 year old daughter in the rear seat of her car. It was all caught on video and she was in big trouble.

What strikes me is the clannishness, the changing names, the commission of thefts as they see fit, a lack of any stability at all in their family structure.

BTW, this article doesn't say so, but Toogood was not her true last name..

Thinkoflaura said:
Oh, PFM, please remember that the vast majority of us want justice for Janet. Every hidden thing we can uncover about Raven and Janet's life which is factual and substantiated may lead to another truth which we didn't know about.
Google and the Internet Archive has helped immensely in this case because Raven put so much online.. even though he did try mightily to erase it. :)

Thanks for what you found. I am going to spend some time at Myspace. I have a feeling this may have been one of the family's meeting places, as you have pointed out with the links..:)
yeah it seems like there is a party or something going on this weekend, maybe even today in Arizona with the family... I was picking up that it was a grandma's birthdy or something...

PrayersForMaura said:
yeah it seems like there is a party or something going on this weekend, maybe even today in Arizona with the family... I was picking up that it was a grandma's birthdy or something...

LOL, to be a fly on the wall.
Did you see my link above to a " wandering" group of people who are close relatives and change their names frequently as they move about, committing scams and crimes? This is a short and worthwhile read, IMO.
http://www.rickross.com/reference/i...ravelers10.html

It's very enlightening about a hidden way of life I didn't know existed .. Some things are quite different, but some are strikingly similar to what we know about the Peters/ Abaroa/ clan.
Raven seems to like clans.
He has a section devoted to them in his BLOG entry at the bottom of this page.
http://www.ravenstree.com/journal.htm

..."my space" is the weirdest site.......

...doing a (friend ) search for "raven"...................there are 2216 posters there that go by that name..

..search "shiloh".( for ex. )...267 shiloh's...

...that's a weird set-up IMO , how on earth can one find their friends ?

...anyway...........i'm discounting the 'other' family names that we had previously ( credibly ) attached to raven through his own profile.....as being related to him simply by name........i still think now that the only real family members he has over there are those 2 on his profile/friends list.....

lauriej said:
..."my space" is the weirdest site.......

...doing a (friend ) search for "raven"...................there are 2216 posters there that go by that name..

..search "shiloh".( for ex. )...267 shiloh's...

...that's a weird set-up IMO , how on earth can one find their friends ?

...anyway...........i'm discounting the 'other' family names that we had previously ( credibly ) attached to raven through his own profile.....as being related to him simply by name........i still think now that the only real family members he has over there are those 2 on his profile/friends list.....
I am not sure i follow.
He himself has listed on his resume that he has a mother, step mother and 4 brother and 4 sisters.
Did you findinformation indicating otherwise? If so, please post!
thanks

PrayersForMaura said:
I am not sure i follow.
He himself has listed on his resume that he has a mother, step mother and 4 brother and 4 sisters.
Did you findinformation indicating otherwise? If so, please post!
thanks
.......hmmmmmmm..reading my own post back, i can see why you find it confusing!

...what i meant to say is, because it turns out that there are 266 accounts (!) @myspace that go by the name shiloh.
...reading posts by the 'other shiloh' , i don't think she's related at all to raven.

...i think that the only siblings raven has @ myspace are the 2 ( shiloh and derek) that he has listed under his friends list.

lauriej said:
.......hmmmmmmm..reading my own post back, i can see why you find it confusing!

...what i meant to say is, because it turns out that there are 266 accounts (!) @myspace that go by the name shiloh.
...reading posts by the 'other shiloh' , i don't think she's related at all to raven.

...i think that the only siblings raven has @ myspace are the 2 ( shiloh and derek) that he has listed under his friends list.
I see what you're saying! The reason I thought that the shiloh i found was also the shiloh who raven has listed is because she's from san diego and it seemed she looked like the same girl in raven's picture of her, plus she belonged to some of the same groups as his Shiloh...the two girls are the same height and have some common interests but their zodiacsignsare different so perhaps you are right. :)

thanks!

PrayersForMaura said:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010429232800/www.ravenstree.com/soccer_profile.htm
- Currently living in Fredericksburg, VA (since Oct. 99)
- Lived in Utah for 4 years
- Lived in San Diego, CA for 13 years
- Step-Father- Electrician
- Mother- Technology Sales
- 4 Sisters, 4 Brothers
I attended the funeral, and visited with Janet's family the next day. During that visit, Raven and family were also in attendance. The family there included Raven's mother (Karen/Karyn; she didn't spell it for me), his step-father (Jim), brothers Jacob and Derek (as spelled on the funeral program), and sister Shiloh. I had a conversation with them, and was trying to learn the birth order and names. (Sorry, I don't remember the birth order exactly.) Jacob and Derek Abaroa were listed as pallbearers, and an honorary pallbearer was Bryton Bolton (didn't meet this person). I don't know which, if any, of the step-siblings were in attendance, nor did I learn any of their names.

Hummingbird said:
I attended the funeral, and visited with Janet's family the next day. During that visit, Raven and family were also in attendance. The family there included Raven's mother (Karen/Karyn; she didn't spell it for me), his step-father (Jim), brothers Jacob and Derek (as spelled on the funeral program), and sister Shiloh. I had a conversation with them, and was trying to learn the birth order and names. (Sorry, I don't remember the birth order exactly.) Jacob and Derek Abaroa were listed as pallbearers, and an honorary pallbearer was Bryton Bolton (didn't meet this person). I don't know which, if any, of the step-siblings were in attendance, nor did I learn any of their names.
Do you know who Sue Abaroa Robinson is? She did a musical number in the program.

Hummingbird said:
I attended the funeral, and visited with Janet's family the next day. During that visit, Raven and family were also in attendance.

Did the two families (Janet's and Raven's) interact?

Jenifred said:
Do you know who Sue Abaroa Robinson is? She did a musical number in the program.
She is Raven's aunt. I spoke with her husband after the funeral.

golfmom said:
Did the two families (Janet's and Raven's) interact?
There was some interaction. But, there was a bit of "staying with one's own" as well. We all tend to stay near the people we know best. Janet's parents were very gracious to everyone who attended.

Hummingbird said:
There was some interaction. But, there was a bit of "staying with one's own" as well. We all tend to stay near the people we know best. Janet's parents were very gracious to everyone who attended.
Welcome to the site Hummingbird. Glad to have your input!

Your statement about Janet's parents being gracious to everyone, for some reason, did not come as a surprise to me. The way everyone that knew Janet talked about her, you just know she came from a great family. Learned all of that graciousness from her parents, no doubt!

And then there's Raven......wonder what he learned from his family?

Sorry if somebody already asked you this, but can you tell us your opinion of Raven's actions at the funeral and after?

Thanks!

cappuccina said:
...thread...Also found a KAB in sales - posted that link too...
Yes you did......missed that....sorry......good find on both of those sites!

well this is all great info, sleuthers!! :)
thanks!

I need to pm Timex with some changes for the timeline... I have been so tired and busy lately. Sorry!

ewwwinteresting said:
Sorry if somebody already asked you this, but can you tell us your opinion of Raven's actions at the funeral and after?

Thanks!
I didn't see the behavior I expected to see, based on my personal past experiences with those who have lost a close family member. I know people grieve differently, but there was quite a different feeling from what I expected to see from a young husband and father who had just lost his wife and the mother of his child.

At the funeral there were moments when he was seen sitting with his head in his hands, sobbing profusely. Alternately, there were periods when we was visiting with family and friends quite calmly. This includes the time in the building before, during and after the services. His behavior contrasted with that of Janet's parents and siblings, who carried more of a constant demeanor of controlled grief.

:dance:Now if I can only think of something to post to this thread, I can be having a conversation with myself on almost all the threads:dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back