VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting find, AD is either a common name in Canada and the Caribbean or he has 2 pages.

Those FB pages (Grenada & Canada) are 2 different people. The one in Canada is darker skinned than the one in Grenada. The one in Canada is also built different. The AD that was on the ship is lighter skinned, hence his nickname "Yellow" bc his skin is like butter. If the AD in Amy's case moved to Canada, then he didn't update his FB acct. He did type that he's married & the link goes to a person in Canada, however I wonder the truth behind that.

dotr, I just wanted to say thank you for your latest contributions. They've completely blown me away. I'm still reading at the links provided & I find myself shaking my head up & down saying out loud "I know, right?"

Last "Eeriee thing of the night."

The, 23-year-old trained lifeguard, had been awarded a full basketball scholarship and graduated from Longwood University in VA with a degree in Physical Education. Amy also had a teaching certificate from K -12.

http://missingpersonsnetwork.org/20...-surrounds-disappearance-of-amy-lynn-bradley/

I believe this is our AB at Longwood:

http://www.longwoodlancers.com/news/2012/6/3/WBB_0603123523.aspx

Couldn't help but notice the name M*** Barron was one of Amy's team members. One of Natalee H's friends is Beau Barron, so just wondering if they could be related. (FWIW, Lindsay Harris also had a pimp named Solomon Barron who is a poi / suspect in her death, but I doubt he is related because he black).

Last "Eeriee thing of the night."

The, 23-year-old trained lifeguard, had been awarded a full basketball scholarship and graduated from Longwood University in VA with a degree in Physical Education. Amy also had a teaching certificate from K -12.

http://missingpersonsnetwork.org/20...-surrounds-disappearance-of-amy-lynn-bradley/

Thanks for the link, Randolph. I've not seen this specific information before:

Thousands of leads later, it’s hard to ignore the circumstances of Amy’s disappearance do not strongly point to sex trafficking. According to a 2010 report conducted by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and published by the United States Department of State, the Netherland Antilles is a transit and destination point for women and children who are victims of forced prostitution in a multi-billion dollar industry. It is estimated approximately 80% of all prostitutes are foreigners. The UN Office on Drugs and

Crime (UNODC) lists the Netherlands as a top destination for victims of human and sex trafficking. Women who are coerced or kidnapped face inhumane conditions, extreme violence and multiple rapes to break their spirit. Victims are often threatened with death along with their family members should they try to escape; forced drug dependence is also common.

<rs&bbm>

The term "red herring" ...

To those who question why Amy's pics would appear on such a site if she was not destined for work in the sex trade, I also believe THAT is the red herring ... to make everyone THINK she is in the trade and concentrate their efforts in that direction. Would explain also why the pics of Amy differ so from the other gals. If she was destined for the trade, why would her pics appear so very different, no AAV logo on the pics, no professional aspect to the shoot, no lure of the Caribbean scenery, no poolside parties ... just a scared young girl chained to a bed in the Land of Nowhere.

Was talking to some LE a while back... they were lamenting how o/c actually drives around and takes pics of the LEOs, their cruisers, homes, etc ... but LE is not legally allowed to do the same in reverse. I believe the pics of the Bradleys were intended for the Bradleys to know they were photographed (we have your daughter and we know where you live) and/or to show Amy (here's proof that we know where your family lives and this is how easy and how close we can get to them). Based on that, I don't think we would be dealing with a few common thugs, but a large group that knows precisely how to intimidate

Young person known to me, not long ago ended up being discovered where they shouldn't have been and where certain criminals wouldn't want them to be, pic taken, intimidated into giving addresss and phone number, with a warning, if anything happens, we know where you live.

IMO, all pics of Amy and the Bradleys were taken by folks in the know with one purpose ... to intimidate and confuse

just playing devil's advocate - if they wanted everyone to think amy was in the sex trade to make them go down that avenue, why post the pictures to an amateurish dodgy web site that virtually no one on the planet views? why not just email the pictures to her parents or to law enforcement? it arguably took two or three years before some random guy happened to notice the pictures looked like amy. not exactly a quick way to red herring the investigation.

you certainly could be correct that someone took pictures of the bradley house for the purposes of intimidation but is that really necessary? they have her kidnapped, they know where her family lives, do they really need pictures to convince her? i still think it's a much simpler explanation that some wannabe-paparazzi took a chance that tmz or star magazine etc might want to buy pictures of her family for a story, so they show up and take pics, get chased off, and subsequently find out no one's interested in the pictures.

just my opinion. i think talking this stuff out is very useful.

Reminder: Amy's job was at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse...

http://www.styleweekly.com/gyrobase/part-ii/Content?oid=1390780#fromMobile

Snipped:
On the Monday after Amy was to get back from the cruise, she was to start working as a marketing and office assistant for Mary and her husband Mike, who own a software company.

Amy had cut her hours at Ruth's Chris Steak House, where she worked full-time, so she could take the job. Long-term, Amy was thinking about getting a masters in sports psychology or opening a sports bar.

Also, I thought Amy graduated from Longwood College. I thought Longwood changed to University after Amy disappeared... No?

No offence meant at all but I think one or two folk are letting their imaginations run riot. One minute Amy is 'definitely' chained to a bed; the next minute she is alive and well and runs some type of flooring company in an American suburb....??!

I agree we have to think outside the box BUT this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Why don't we focus on WHY Amy was taken - as I asked before in a post, WHAT made Amy different or unique??

What could Amy offer or provide that no/few other young women her age on that cruise could offer....?

For some reason I keep coming back to the notion that perhaps Amy resembled someone? Could she have reminded someone on that cruise of another girl or woman...?

That might explain why the photos were taken, to show to someone else to get another opinion about the resemblance...?

Just a thought.

No offence meant at all but I think one or two folk are letting their imaginations run riot. One minute Amy is 'definitely' chained to a bed; the next minute she is alive and well and runs some type of flooring company in an American suburb....??!

I agree we have to think outside the box BUT this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Why don't we focus on WHY Amy was taken - as I asked before in a post, WHAT made Amy different or unique??

What could Amy offer or provide that no/few other young women her age on that cruise could offer....?

For some reason I keep coming back to the notion that perhaps Amy resembled someone? Could she have reminded someone on that cruise of another girl or woman...?

That might explain why the photos were taken, to show to someone else to get another opinion about the resemblance...?

Just a thought.

I agree, the WHY is important

And you are correct, it can't be both ways, chained and yet running a business

I hate to keep going back to this but I'm almost completely convinced the pictures we are looking at are NOT Amy but rather a compilation of Amy photo shopped on someone elses picture. I've gone back and looked at the body, not just the facial features, this person seems almost to large to be Amy. She was athletic, yes, but this woman, whomever she is, appears to be taller and much broader. :moo:

I agree, the WHY is important

And you are correct, it can't be both ways, chained and yet running a business

I hate to keep going back to this but I'm almost completely convinced the pictures we are looking at are NOT Amy but rather a compilation of Amy photo shopped on someone elses picture. I've gone back and looked at the body, not just the facial features, this person seems almost to large to be Amy. She was athletic, yes, but this woman, whomever she is, appears to be taller and much broader. :moo:

I completely agree with you, however, there is a stumbling block...
FBI has looked at these photos and I am sure they would know if they had been photoshopped

And I do believe VI stated that they are Amy

Everything I have read says possibly amy or could be amy . or I Believe its amy
But VI says it is amy so I don't think there is anywhere to go with that

Two big reasons for kidnapping would be ransom or revenge

There has been no request for ransom AFAIK
I don't know why someone would take, keep amd parade a woman around for revenge
The risks are great, the profit is small

RSBM

Perhaps the profit isn't dollars, it's the satisfaction of taking away someone you love, and that's POWER.

But to the best of my knowledge, from what I have read on here and around the internet, no photos were ever delivered to the Bradleys, no notes say she has been taken

The photos were found accidentally

True, but do we really know what the Bradley's have gotten and haven't gotten? The VI stated there have been other sightings but they couldn't be discussed because it could harm the case, etc.

I'm not trying to discredit anything, I'm just trying to think outside the box! Granted this is a big box and I'm probably WAAAAAAY outside of it! :rollercoaster:
Two big reasons for kidnapping would be ransom or revenge

There has been no request for ransom AFAIK
I don't know why someone would take, keep amd parade a woman around for revenge

But to the best of my knowledge, from what I have read on here and around the internet, no photos were ever delivered to the Bradleys, no notes say she has been taken

The photos were found accidentally

True, but do we really know what the Bradley's have gotten and haven't gotten? The VI stated there have been other sightings but they couldn't be discussed because it could harm the case, etc.

I'm not trying to discredit anything, I'm just trying to think outside the box! Granted this is a big box and I'm probably WAAAAAAY outside of it! :rollercoaster:

Its sort of like doing a jigsaw puzzle with only half of the pieces :twocents:

Well, I don't think kidnapping victims are randomly chosen. So maybe choosing the victim has to do somewhat with personal choice. In other words, maybe the orchestrator of the kidnapping, or whoever was in charge there on the ship, chose Amy because they were drawn to her, thought she was really attractive, liked her looks. Maybe even her personality had something to do with it.
If they picked her out, really wanted Amy, maybe there was even more money in it for whoever pulled it off.

Or, maybe whoever was in charge there on the ship chose her for the same reasons.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I still believe her having a close knit family would be seen as an advantage, because that gives the kidnappers something to hold over her head. It's well known that women who are trafficked are threatened with their family's safety as a way of keeping and controlling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat