VA VA- Arlington, 1300 block of N. Taylor Street, UID human remains found in recently purchased home, 26 Feb. 2024

Added to NamUs - UP121086

ME/C Case Number N2024-00381

Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found February 26, 2024
NamUs Case Created April 30, 2024

Location Found Map

Location Virginia
County Arlington County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found in an abandoned residence. Possibly the remains of the former owner.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair Color
Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Added to NamUs - UP121086

ME/C Case Number N2024-00381

Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found February 26, 2024
NamUs Case Created April 30, 2024

Location Found Map

Location Virginia
County Arlington County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found in an abandoned residence. Possibly the remains of the former owner.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Is there a way to know who submitted the info for NamUs? I suspect it was not submitted by LE or other official.
A Medical Examiner or similar should be able to estimate height with a “near complete or complete” skeleton.
The notation “Possibly the remains of the former owner.” also seems odd to me. Wouldn’t local LE have looked into this lead before submitting?

Is there a way to know who submitted the info for NamUs? I suspect it was not submitted by LE or other official.
A Medical Examiner or similar should be able to estimate height with a “near complete or complete” skeleton.
The notation “Possibly the remains of the former owner.” also seems odd to me. Wouldn’t local LE have looked into this lead before submitting?
As far as I know only Professional Users can add UID cases on NamUs, so it has to be the ME or LE, IMO.
On the Contacts tab it says under Case Owner “Office of the Chief Medical Examiner Northern District” but I don’t know if that means this is who has added the case.
It’s not unusual for cases to have very limited information at start, but be modified after a while with more details. Also, there are instances when they have a good idea of the identity of the deceased, but a profile is created anyway and subsequently removed when the identity is confirmed via DNA, fingerprints, etc.

As far as I know only Professional Users can add UID cases on NamUs, so it has to be the ME or LE, IMO.
On the Contacts tab it says under Case Owner “Office of the Chief Medical Examiner Northern District” but I don’t know if that means this is who has added the case.
It’s not unusual for cases to have very limited information at start, but be modified after a while with more details. Also, there are instances when they have a good idea of the identity of the deceased, but a profile is created anyway and subsequently removed when the identity is confirmed via DNA, fingerprints, etc.
Thank you for the info. I clearly don’t now how to fully use the database as did not think to look under contacts.
I did find this…
“Missing person records can be entered into NamUs by anyone, including the general public; however, all cases are verified with the appropriate law enforcement agency prior to publication in NamUs.”

Thank you for the info. I clearly don’t now how to fully use the database as did not think to look under contacts.
I did find this…
“Missing person records can be entered into NamUs by anyone, including the general public; however, all cases are verified with the appropriate law enforcement agency prior to publication in NamUs.”
Thank you for the link, I hadn’t seen that info before.

Something else from your link that caught my eye:

Unidentified and unclaimed person records are entered into the NamUs database by medical examiners, coroners, and other criminal justice designees.

“Missing and unidentified person cases in NamUs are automatically compared to locate potential matches based on dates, geography, and core demographic information.”

We knew NamUs automatically searches for DNA matches between MPs and UIDs, but I had no idea they also automatically search for potential matches based on other criteria. That’s super cool.

Reminds me of the long ago case here in the US where a pregnant lady from (?) Guatemala was killed by her boss the baby's father. He put her in a barrel and put it in a crawl space access area and it was not found for decades - through several subsequent owners.

yes, on my route to work there was this old crumbling house for sale, sold for 720k and they flipped it instead of tearing it down.
Lol this flip has resold for 1.02M. For a 2 bedroom home!!! But it’s because it’s on a deep lot. The buyer is prob gonna make the detached garage an ADU and slap up another behind it for income. And this is why us middle class folx can’t buy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back