VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the post you're referring to. This is very exciting!

I screenshot the post just in case! And I have the link ready if a mod says it's ok to post

In the meantime can someone message the woman the ME contact info? If not I will do it when I'm home!

I screenshot the post just in case! And I have the link ready if a mod says it's ok to post

In the meantime can someone message the woman the ME contact info? If not I will do it when I'm home!

Making a thread about this to confirm once and for all

Exciting! For those that want a peek, I saw the ad mentioned on the Myrtle Beach Craigslist in "lost and found"....
On the edge of our seats over here :)

*****NEW*****

I'm not sure who has seen this but it popped up on reddit about an hour ago. It's a post on Craigslist. I'm not sure if I am able to post the link because it includes a possible last name.

Here is a paraphrase:
Woman days she may know Grateful Doe, asking someone to contact her. Says his mother has been searching for him for years. Name is JAY C*** from Myrtle Beach.

Can I link? Yes? No? I'm running out to get my child from school right now so I can't contact the CL poster myself.

I understand CL is shifty and full of trolls but it's worth a look.

Is this related to the thread DrDMike made earlier? Same woman?

Thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...omeone-claiming-to-be-Jason-s-aunt-last-night

*****NEW*****

I'm not sure who has seen this but it popped up on reddit about an hour ago. It's a post on Craigslist. I'm not sure if I am able to post the link because it includes a possible last name.

Here is a paraphrase:
Woman days she may know Grateful Doe, asking someone to contact her. Says his mother has been searching for him for years. Name is JAY C*** from Myrtle Beach.

Can I link? Yes? No? I'm running out to get my child from school right now so I can't contact the CL poster myself.

I understand CL is shifty and full of trolls but it's worth a look.

Has anyone responded to the ad? What did the woman say? It's hard not to get your hopes up at this point, but it just seems a bit strange. Everything should be looked into though, you never know. I did look up the name and couldn't find anything. That's not surprising though given the day and age he went missing.

Has anyone responded to the ad? What did the woman say? It's hard not to get your hopes up at this point, but it just seems a bit strange. Everything should be looked into though, you never know. I did look up the name and couldn't find anything. That's not surprising though given the day and age he went missing.

I have not. I will when I get a few moments though! I've sent you some info in case you'd like to contact the poster :)

Maybe I'll get an endless flood of spam now, but I hope not. yes - I responded. I sent the person links to official sites and the recent pics in order to obtain relevant information. I didn't say much because if it's real, I want to be sensitive to the friend's feelings in case my email was forwarded along.

Concerning the Craiglist post. The last name she gives for Jay is unusual and uncommon. If GDfamily or Plunderphonica would hear it I would think it would click.

Concerning the Craiglist post. The last name she gives for Jay is unusual and uncommon. If GDfamily or Plunderphonica would hear it I would think it would click.

It does not ring a remote bell

Also you shouldn't send everything. I would keep a few simple questions that are unique to GD but wouldn't be that easily found. CL is the bottom of the barrel. A lot of crazys.

It is going to be tough to filter through the nut jobs at this point

The last part may be the hardest part.

Maybe I'll get an endless flood of spam now, but I hope not. yes - I responded. I sent the person links to official sites and the recent pics in order to obtain relevant information. I didn't say much because if it's real, I want to be sensitive to the friend's feelings in case my email was forwarded along.

Awesome job!

Greymetal says it would not be appropriate to post a link to this speculative name. Please go through her before posting the craigslist or reddit link.

Greymetal says it would not be appropriate to post a link to this speculative name. Please go through her before posting the craigslist or reddit link.

I think that is wise! I will refrain from posting the links to either.

New photo on Reddit!!!

http://imgur.com/O9nwRTl

Follow the link at the photo to reddit thread on this. Apparently, friends say they remember the star tattoo and that he may be from NJ (as stated by Jason)

OH Mizkim you can post the photo back on WS! xoxo Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
It does not ring a remote bell

Also you shouldn't send everything. I would keep a few simple questions that are unique to GD but wouldn't be that easily found. CL is the bottom of the barrel. A lot of crazys.

It is going to be tough to filter through the nut jobs at this point

The last part may be the hardest part.

Agree, Craigslist is not the best place to get reliable information. This will most likely be devastating to his family and needs to be done properly and professionally.

My memory sucks, but I wouldn't forget a last name like that. So this could be a troll, a case of mistaken identity or Jason didn't give that as his last name.

This case is picking up speed. With another new photo just being posted I think it will come to a conclusion soon.

That is the younan who was in my hotel room in Albany 100% same everything. That smile in this picture is how I remember him

New photo on Reddit!!!

http://imgur.com/O9nwRTl

Follow the link at the photo to reddit thread on this. Apparently, friends say they remember the star tattoo and that he may be from NJ (as stated by Jason)

Wow. You'd think if this guy were still around, we'd have heard something by now. Right? I've never followed this kind of thing happening before, does it ever happen where things fall into place as well as they have here and it not turn out okay? It just seems so likely that this is our Doe.

Your right. Lot's of trolls. This is a sad and tragic situation and will most likely be devastating to his family and it needs to be handled properly.

My memory sucks, but I wouldn't forget a last name like that. So this could be a troll, a case of mistaken identity or Jason didn't give that as his last name.

This case is picking up speed. With another new photo just being posted I think it will come to a conclusion soon.

We have another photo, just not a name or family. We're close but I am sad. Had a dream about him last night, reminding me this was a real person who suffered real injuries. :(

Which also reminds me I hope I didn't contact a troll. Someone had to respond to craigslist. I feel like an idiot, though. Oh well.

How does someone have all these photos of someone and not know more?

This are not photos from a far but intimate photos. The lack of memory for G and the other is starting to make me question things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member