VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking with a reporter from WMBF news in Myrtle Beach and they're asking if anyone has forwarded to Myrtle Beach police. I know that someone handled getting it to the person handling Grateful Doe, but has anyone thought about or reached out to local police there with this info? Who knows how they could be of help?

One interesting thing about Horry County is that they have a county police department, in addition to a sheriff's office. Crimes that happen outside a city's limits, but within Horry County, are investigated by the HCPD. Much of what is considered "Myrtle Beach" does not actually fall within the city limits of Myrtle Beach, and thus situations occurring in those areas are handled by HCPD. For whomever is in contact with LE, I would be sure to get in touch with them. http://police.horrycounty.org

One interesting thing about Horry County is that they have a county police department, in addition to a sheriff's office. Crimes that happen outside a city's limits, but within Horry County, are investigated by the HCPD. Much of what is considered "Myrtle Beach" does not actually fall within the city limits of Myrtle Beach, and thus situations occurring in those areas are handled by HCPD. For whomever is in contact with LE, I would be sure to get in touch with them. http://police.horrycounty.org

You're absolutely correct! Excellent explanation! I can tell you there are no missing person reports or cold case files from during that time period.

Interesting thank you!

I read there was a lighter found in grateful does pocket, which fits with the photos. and also read that he had his left ear pierced but wasnt wearing a earring at the time he died. i wonder if the person who was his roomate remembers if his ear was pierced. also the grateful doe was wearing some necklaces, did the jason in the photos wear them too?

I think this is really it, after all these years and all this effort it's finally going to pay off.

thanks greymetal! You really made this happen

No way, I did nothing at all. I wouldn't have ANY of the information I had if it wasn't for everyone on this wonderful, wonderful community.

Furthermore, I thank Imgur and Reddit for all of this. And for the friends of this Jason for coming foward.

I was just the vessel. Nothing more to it than that.

Hello greymetal I have been following you on this case for awhile. I just figured out how to reply lol! Now I need to learn how to thank you. I just wanted to say to everyone.. Great job everyone!! Every lead I found I'd come back here and there it was.. I do believe that Jason is GD! I have a friend who does facial sketches says it's a pretty good match. [emoji3] I can't wait to see this work out for his family!
Let me know if you want it split out to a new post; I'll talk to Carl. If you want it split, it should be with your 1st post which is #23.

Did you contact Lesha?

Cool!

I have. I have put the link on the Facebook wall, and I have asked her to send the Imgur link as a status with all of the information. She posted a status earlier today but said she wouldn't share any information until she has checked.

We are in contact with the same people. I see no harm in posting up this new information, even if it is a dead end. The exposure is doing wonders, and I have had a new user come on Imgur with information. I will update when I have more information from that user.

Hope you agree.

Hello greymetal I have been following you on this case for awhile. I just figured out how to reply lol! Now I need to learn how to thank you. I just wanted to say to everyone.. Great job everyone!! Every lead I found I'd come back here and there it was.. I do believe that Jason is GD! I have a friend who does facial sketches says it's a pretty good match. [emoji3] I can't wait to see this work out for his family!

Welcome aboard! We are pretty happy to see this resolved, but we have to remember that this is going to be very tragic news for his family. They surely are expecting that their prodigal son will walk in the door any moment. :'(

i have a full ancestry account, anyone needs anything i'm more than willing to help.

If any of the original sources of these photographs can contact the Medical Examiners Office in Virginia at (757) 683-8366 or NCMEC through the HELP ID ME Facebook Page or Call Center 1-800-THE-LOST it would be greatly appreciated. We would like to help.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe

Wondergirl, I typically wouldn't ask this but this case has been so weird the last few days--can you say from where/whom that ME request originated? I don't see it on their FB link.

Wondergirl, I typically wouldn't ask this but this case has been so weird the last few days--can you say from where/whom that ME request originated? I don't see it on their FB link.
WG edited her post. Let's move on, please.

Thanks.

I just emailed my roommate with the ME contact request. It sounds like they don't need to hear from me at this time so I'm not going to call just yet.

He talked to someone at NCMEC for about an hour so the ball is rolling…

I got chills, it feels like we could know soon if Jason is "Jason" Doe. What would the ME want to know about the photos, does anyone know? (Is it okay to ask that question?) I'm guessing they'd want to know Jason's age and when the photos were taken right?

I imagine they want to get info directly from the persons who knew Jason in the photos, the kid from Mrytle Beach, - ie. those folks in Champaign, IL that he lived with. At least they seem to be the source of the photos.

I can imagine NCMEC would want to get as much info as possible from the horse's mouth so to speak, rather than second and third hand recountings of what those individuals relayed about Jason and how they described him.

My goosebumps have goosebumps, and I've not been involved other than reading and keeping up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592