VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be awesome, Christine! Maybe some more magic will happen here. Several of the possibles on this page alone look so likely.

I agree...I have posted this several times,going to post again, not sure this has been looked into:
christine2448 said:
Thinking about this again.....so I am reposting, I don't believe I saw a response to this....sorry to jump in and out of this case as I have been, so much going on!
Wow. the younger picture does have some resemblance.

NOTE...I am working on more than one case where the Doe network has had incorrect info.....one inparticular DOE said there were dentals available, and there were NOT. They may have the eye color wrong...look at the pic of the boy, the 1st pic, the eyes DO NOT LOOK BLUE to me.....just a thought...maybe this needs to be looked into???

GDdoe.jpg
DMansell.jpg
christine2448 said:
I never heard back from Trying2ID...and to be honest, I hate to admit it, I had forgotton about this case for a couple of weeks.....anything new?

What about this potential match?? Has it ever been submitted? I was going to do it, but I forgot, I'm sorry, I am horrible! I think I was waiting on a response from Trying2ID. I also messaged the myspace page w/no response.

I know a couple of submissions have been made, but is this one, should it be?

christine2448 said:
I am double quoting myself, hoping for input, I'm not afraid to jump up and down! ;)

christine2448 said:
Did I miss where this guy had been ruled out?

Sad to say, this one got lost in the shuffle for me, as many do, certianly not purposefully! :blushing: :blushing:

Sometimes, ya just gotta jump up and down to get attention. I ain't skairt. ;)

I too have sent messages to that myspace page for grateful doe. Like you, no response. The person use to respond, then, in the last seven months or so, I haven't heard back from them.

I too have sent message that myspace page for grateful doe. Like you, no response. The person use to respond, then, in the last seven months or so, I haven't heard back from them.

Should we start a thread ;) ???? :blowkiss:

Yes, let's start a thread AND find a new contact. Maybe we need to skip Trying2ID and go straight to the local LE folks?

Salem

Wow, who is the young boy? He does look a lot like the Grateful dead boy/young man. Let's start a thread like you all did for Tawni. I have a feeling we have some good leads here.

You wingnuts...I was making a funny......I meant start a thread on missing Trying2id :blowkiss: :eek:

Any word on Jason Reynolds?

I have never seen any mention of Jason Reynolds before in connection to this matter. Sounds like something worth pursuing. The age, height, description all seem to be about right. The Dead played three shows in Las Vegas about two weeks after this Jason disappeared, so it seems conceivable he would have hitchhiked to Las Vegas, then followed the band over the course of the next two years. Dead shows in the Montana area were few and far between.
As to the earlier post about Phil Lesh's official website, I have never seen anything on the site about this matter. I guess it could be there and I'm missing it. The URL is www.phillesh.net. But I know that there has been some discussion of this case on various Grateful Dead-related fan sites, and even on the official www.dead.net. However, that was fan discussion. I don't recall any "official" mention of this case by the band or any member.

Wouldn't there be a record of him coming to the US from Australia through customs? However, if he came via stowaway or through Mexico there would be no record.

More likely that someone would have looked at him leaving Australia than coming to the US to be honest. American authorities might have noticed that he hadn't left the country but there would be no connection to this JD but his family, if searching, might have looked at that as a possible source. However his accent would stand out if he were Australian - he could have developed an American accent but there's not normally any need to.

You wingnuts...I was making a funny......I meant start a thread on missing Trying2id :blowkiss: :eek:

:laughbounce::laughbounce: Too funny - I really took you seriously :crazy:

Maybe a thread on Trying2id is not a bad idea (just kidding). Seriously, though, I'm thinking it may be time to skip him/her and go straight to LE contacts.

There may be a record somewhere of this young man coming to the US and nobody has looked for it. The circumstances of his disappearance don't sound like he was trying to leave AU to go to a new country, so why would anyone check? The US must have a million or more public agencies now (exaggerating) and none of them seem to know what the other is doing. Impossible to stay on top of it all. And, IIRC, our grateful doe was found before 9/11 and the tighter security regulations.

Also, I think one of our greatest challenges is the failure to report a person missing or LE's refusal to take a missing person seriously. LE would not take a report on Twanie - so she remained unidentified for years and her poor family had to suffer all that time.

I don't think BK has ever been reported missing, who knows why?

The circumstances surrounding the Austrailian man's disappearance would not lead you to believe he made it to the US, but the pictures are very, very similar and the fact remains that he has not been found and the Grateful doe has not been idenitified. I don't think our Grateful doe has ever been reported missing, at least not in the US and I don't think we should let this opportunity go.

Salem

Been and still a bit busy on Tawni's stuff....we will be making some announcements soon and asking sleuthers that have worked so hard on her case to redirect to a few others, this will be one suggested. As soon as we are able a forum will be started (should be rather quickly) then we can regroup.....yes?

Been and still a bit busy on Tawni's stuff....we will be making some announcements soon and asking sleuthers that have worked so hard on her case to redirect to a few others, this will be one suggested. As soon as we are able a forum will be started (should be rather quickly) then we can regroup.....yes?

I'll be here!

Ahhhh yes....mmmm T-shirts and badges "Websleuths ID SQUAD"....:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

I dont think the jason doe is Owen Redman from australia. Redman has blue eyes and his age is not in same range as jason doe. Although im bit confused with doe networks calculationson age - they say he went missing when he was 25yrs old, was born in 1966 and has been missing since 1991. How can he be 25 when he went missing in 1991 if he was born in 1966? ALthough its possible Jason doe was from overseas I dont think this is him ask they dont look anything alike.

I dont think the jason doe is Owen Redman from australia. Redman has blue eyes and his age is not in same range as jason doe. Although im bit confused with doe networks calculationson age - they say he went missing when he was 25yrs old, was born in 1966 and has been missing since 1991. How can he be 25 when he went missing in 1991 if he was born in 1966? ALthough its possible Jason doe was from overseas I dont think this is him ask they dont look anything alike.

1991 - 1966 = 25 age at time of disappearance

:)

I'm only a newbie but I will be glad to help out in anyway I can, Jason Doe, from what they calculated his age to be was my age when he died, and I was a little into the dead at that age, so I feel a little connection to his case. It makes me flash back to 1995 and what I was doing that year, listening to PHISH, coloring my hair with "Manic Panic", hanging out on South Street in Philly and all around being a teenager. If Jason Doe lived near me he would have probably been one of my group of friends. I think this is why I really want to help solve this.
In the 2nd picture of Redman it doesn't look like he has blue eyes. They look more Hazel/Brown to me. Also it says he was a member of Green Peace. Not sure if being a part of that organization would help him leave a country undetected or not, but I think it maybe worth a look into.

Me too! At least there's a lot less to catch up on than what there was when I entered into the Tawni Mazzone case (while as good as it is to have ID'd her, it feels odd not writing "MJD").
I'll be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member