VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM and quoting myself. Does anyone know?

I don't know for a fact, but I believe it is. I know in this particular case, LE has run fingerprints and DNA searches.

I don't believe Jason is Samual West - because West's fingerprints should be on file if he was arrested. But... you never know....

Salem

I don't know for a fact, but I believe it is. I know in this particular case, LE has run fingerprints and DNA searches.

I don't believe Jason is Samual West - because West's fingerprints should be on file if he was arrested. But... you never know....

Salem

Matthew West's fingerprints are on file. But I went it to the investigator anyway.

you bring up a good point. in any of these unidentified cold cases at some point we have to start looking at what biographical information might be incorrect, thus causing the lack of identification over the years. stuff like incorrect height, weight, age, eye color, etc could cause us and le to eliminate a possibility based on errant information. considering it's been sixteen years or so in this case, i'd start looking at possibilities that are good matches except for one of the pieces of info we think we know. just my 2 cents.

I agree, especially with eye colors.. I read before sometimes it is harder to tell on deceased individuals the correct eye color, or descripion just gets entered wrong, human error...

one lady found her daughter and the date she was reported missing/last seen was probably a year off i think, making it impossible it could have been her daughter, but it was when they did the DNA and found the error.. it was on a tv show

I agree, especially with eye colors.. I read before sometimes it is harder to tell on deceased individuals the correct eye color, or descripion just gets entered wrong, human error...

one lady found her daughter and the date she was reported missing/last seen was probably a year off i think, making it impossible it could have been her daughter, but it was when they did the DNA and found the error.. it was on a tv show

especially in a case where the body of the deceased was heavily injured due to an accident, fire, etc.

I just started reading the threads tonight and haven't made it through the first discussion thread (the 20 page one). I hope to catch up soon.

Has anyone tried to make a comment on the forum at:

http://www.dead.net/show/june-25-1995

This link takes you to the Grateful Deads fan site and is for that particular concert. Maybe someone there would recognize him.

Has anyone followed up on this lead? If not, I would be happy to log on and ask the "deadheads" to check their old photos and think back.

Forgive me if this is already done....a newbie here and trying to get caught up :) Onlinebrat

Thank you for your post, Onlinebrat, and :wagon:!

:greetings:

Has anyone followed up on this lead? If not, I would be happy to log on and ask the "deadheads" to check their old photos and think back.

Forgive me if this is already done....a newbie here and trying to get caught up :) Onlinebrat

welcome!

i think that has been done off and on since jason was first posted here, but i dont think it could hurt to try again. maybe new people have joined since the last time, maybe someone finally got around to scanning pictures from their dead days.

i didnt even know there was another faint tattoo. i can't tell what that looks like at all :(

Re the second tatoo pic-

It looks as if the top of the pic is towards the wrist, and the botton towards the elbow.

If he had been making the tatoo himself, it would make sense as this would be right side up to him as he drew, albeit upside down to others.

Could it be a teddybear like you see in Grateful Dead artwork? If so, then it comfirms he is a real deadhead, other than just a fan.

New picture of the other tattoo, what do you think it looks like? A teddybear? I dunno, looks like ears and eyes

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/17058

"Faint tattoo on upper right arm-enhanced image. Probably homemade tattoo"

It doesn't look like one of the GD bears to me. One thing that came to mind is the picture drawn on the note from the Carolines. What if it is not a tattoo, but where Caroline drew the same picture on his arm? If you look closely, there is a slight resemblance to the "Caroline picture". The faintness could imply a fading from either showering or not showering...maybe sweating with a shirt rubbing it off.

It doesn't look like one of the GD bears to me. One thing that came to mind is the picture drawn on the note from the Carolines. What if it is not a tattoo, but where Caroline drew the same picture on his arm? If you look closely, there is a slight resemblance to the "Caroline picture". The faintness could imply a fading from either showering or not showering...maybe sweating with a shirt rubbing it off.

i emailed with LE on this. they know it to be a tattoo and not marker, etc.

o/t a wee bit, but every time I see this thread pop up I hear in my head the Dead's song 'Uncle John's Band': "Think this through with me, / Let me know your mind." (Which in a sleuthing sense is what's being done, actually.)

I still see the skunk... side profile of a skunk facing to the right... white stripe on top of head, little ear on the left and the eye... ??? This reminds me of looking at ink blots or clouds ;-) Everybody see's somethiing different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769