VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ID is required for air travel...

Sorry if this has already been posted (so much to take in)

Or Richmond...DC, Phily, NY...anywhere from I95 to 70W...but my money's on somewhere in good ol Virginny.

Just FYI, I have to drive all over NOVA for work and over a distance from Rt 50 S Arlington to Fairfax Circle and back passed the area of the 2005 Rape then towards I495. In that 16 mile route through the middle of Fairfax County I didn't see a single older model Nissan Sentra and I saw less than 10 light blue cars. None of the blue cars were Nissans. That car will stand out up here if people keep their eyes open. But, my guess is he will ditch that car and get something entirely different.

I can't imagine his sister being all that pleased with this "arrangement"...........JMO

Since LE saw JM yesterday, I guess no haircut? They did not mention it. Also I guess he was the one who drove away from the station since the warrants are for him. Jmo

My mother's caregiver has hair similar to JM's. She goes every month to 6 weeks and has new extensions woven into her very short hair. It takes hours she said, if she has her entire head done. She said her hair breaks off and it would take 10 years to have long enough to braid like that. So my guess is that his are woven in as well. Just MO.

There is a big difference between braided hair extensions and dreadlocks.

I still cannot believe they didn't chase after him and catch him. If they believe he had something to do with the disappearance than surely the rest of us feel safe with him on the loose.
What is family saying? Do they know where he is moving to? Have police even questioned them? 2 specific items? Was anyone around to see? How large were the evidence bags? Is there a press conference scheduled?

At this point, I'm not even sure I believe the police that they don't know where he is. Remember, they also said that JM walking with HG on the mall video was a reflection when thousands of regular people like those of us on this message board could tell that someone was walking with her.

My theory is he asked someone how to get his car back from police impound and realized he needed a valid license/registration to do so. His wasn't so he went to the DMV.

LE wants this case to be the new MH370.
A major international incident/circus.

Why on earth would they want that? How does that benefit LE or the DA?

I think the police are doing a horrible job ..... why are they talking so much ? Why are they so sure that JLM is their man if they have no proof ?

they should not make it look like JLM is their man until they are sure. This reminds me of Richard Jewel.

Richard Jewell talked. he was quite cooperative. He was a hero with nothing to hide. The media lied about Richard Jewell, were sued and settled as a result. Big difference.

It is each person's prerogative to speak to the police. It isn't the "right" thing or "wrong" thing to do as much as we would like to find Hannah and would love for someone to come forward and say "SHE IS RIGHT HERE!", we have to respect that there are multiple layers to this situation. It may be your opinion that everyone should offer up everything they know instantly, but that isn't the opinion other people have when looking at it from other angles, even if that is what we would like to happen.

You are right. But again, when profiling, we start by looking at what is usual/typical behavior. And again, based on my experience, innocent people tend to cooperate/talk, regardless of ethnic background.

Rights and behavior are two different things. Totally different.

Having followed many cases, I have seen LE doing amazing jobs, and horrible jobs. IMO when the public is confused, and questioning LE, then they are not doing a great job. I have seen LE show passion, without theatrics, release valuable information, and show their heart. And I have commended them for that wholeheartedly. It is my opinion, and no one has to agree, that Longo is not doing a great job. I wouldn't say horrible, as far as the case goes...but as far as public relation goes I think it is terrible.

Oh, I have seen LE skewered, repeatedly, in so many cases where it turned out they knew exactly what they were doing. Happens regardless, unless there is a quick arrest.

Has anyone spoken to what the landlady had to say? If not I will tell you what she said in her own words to the news reporter...it was broadcast an hour ago on WTOP radio.

They may already have a DNA sample on some of the items taken from his car and apartment.

I think when you have a warrant for someone's apartment, it is for specific things or types of items. I think being able to collect and process DNA items from the apartment would a require a warrant specifically calling for DNA. Someone please correct if that is wrong.

They may already have a DNA sample on some of the items taken from his car and apartment.
This is true, but they can't use it without a warrant, and they also can't use it unless it comes directly from JM himself. Moo, of course!

Question for mods:

I normally agree with everything you say!
However, here it seems that a possible link to the MH suspect could be incredibly vital in the HG case.
IF the arrest warrant for reckless driving somehow gives LE the grounds to obtain DNA, AND they find a match with MH suspect, that changes this whole case--right? (not saying this will happen--I have my doubts...but I would think they would at least want to rule it out...)

Unsolved rape case (2005) is the person that helped them with the sketch. Perhaps she has seen his photo?

This is true, but they can't use it without a warrant, and they also can't use it unless it comes directly from JM himself.

Could they ask for a warrant for a piece of clothing and then later ask for a warrant to test multiple hair strands found on the clothing?

Has anyone spoken to what the landlady had to say? If not I will tell you what she said in her own words to the news reporter...it was broadcast an hour ago on WTOP radio.

Please do tell!

[...]

Virginia State Police said they were conducting overt surveillance of Matthew in Albemarle County, after he left the Charlottesville Police Department, when he fled in a car at a high rate of speed and police had to end surveillance. Virginia State Police issued two warrants for Matthew on charges of misdemeanor reckless driving. Police issued a wanted poster for Matthew on Monday, in it they describe the car as a light blue Nissan Sentra with a Virginia license plate of VAC 4575.

[...]

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26593843/man-seen-with-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-being-sought
How in the world do you have time to moderate this thread AND look for links at the same time??? You are talented. I have trouble just reading through the threads without being 2 pages behind and I have my pages set on 100 posts each.

Question for mods:

I normally agree with everything you say!
However, here it seems that a possible link to the MH suspect could be incredibly vital in the HG case.
IF the arrest warrant for reckless driving somehow gives LE the grounds to obtain DNA, AND they find a match with MH suspect, that changes this whole case--right? (not saying this will happen--I have my doubts...but I would think they would at least want to rule it out...)

Mods have said if a link is reported via LE then they will reconsider at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125