VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is his right. But so what? It is not about what he is allowed to do. It is about what is typical behavior of an innocent person. I frankly don't understand the confusion about that.

I have a right to do many things. But what rights I chose to invoke and the timing of my invocation may say a lot about me to someone profiling a crime. "But you have a right, to do that!" is not a valid argument against profiling of me based on my conduct.

Human behavior and trends in it remain an important focus of profiling.

Curious about what you'd consider typical behavior in a case similar to this (order in which warrants were obtained/ executed, media attention, etc.)? In case it isn't evident (this thread is wacky), that's a sincere question.

I think the fact that this is another UVA disappearance is why it is getting so much publicity.

1. People become terrified of a serial killer.

2. People move away, city loses money, students are too afraid to enrol, UVA loses money.

3. Several unsolved disappearances of innocent young women in a short period of time puts major pressure and scrutiny on police.

UVA has become increasingly selective despite the issues with crime, women abducted/disappearing/raped that have occurred. I have no idea if Charlotteville has any more problems than other college towns, areas of that size. It is not a locale that is considered dangerous, not desirable. On the contrary, it's considered a nice venue. There are some top schools in areas with high crime per person, per sq mile issues. Charlottesville and UVA do not show up on any of those lists. Don't think UI Bloomington was hurt one bit with the Lauren Spierer disappearance. But Penn state has really been hurt in app/enrollment after the Sandusky issue and the penalties that were given to the football team and the panning of Joe Paterno. That was a big hit Doubt if UVA will be hurting from this at all.

This could be very important information...

what is NOT found in the apartment can be as imposrtant as is what IS found...

In other words... Why would these clothes NOT be at his home... Where he lives/keeps his clothes/washes clothes etc...where his clothes would be most expected to be found...

There are a number of reasons for this... I am sure... But it still is something to make Sleuthers and investigators go "Hmmmm?"...

JMO...

Hmm. JM was wearing all white that night - clothing that would certainly show each and every stain. Wonder if one of the search warrants included the apartment complex's laundry room....

This could be very important information...

what is NOT found in the apartment can be as imposrtant as is what IS found...

In other words... Why would these clothes NOT be at his home... Where he lives/keeps his clothes/washes clothes etc...where his clothes would be most expected to be found...

There are a number of reasons for this... I am sure... But it still is something to make Sleuthers and investigators go "Hmmmm?"...

JMO...

There are laundry facilities at the condo complex. If coin operated, he may have chosen to do his laundry at mom's to save money.

That's so interesting to think that a message was being sent. Now, here's my question, are serial killers, sociopaths intelligent enough to "get" the message? I always wondered about that. For the most part if you read about a sociopath, someone capable of harming another person, they really don't care much about how other people feel, in fact I think they find pleasure in other people's pain correct? So trying to pull at someone's heartstrings doesn't seem to make sense to me, if they don't have a heart. Does anyone think there may be several people involved here? In the case of another missing person they feel several people were involved.

I felt quite strongly when I watched the Friday & Sunday press conferences (& mentioned it at the time, I think) that Chief Longo was sending a *particular* message to someone, or someones. I don't think it had anything to do with tunnels. I'm speculating that there maybe a/some witness(es) out there, that LE has heard about, who may have key information but who have not come forward.

I wonder if LE has accessed HG's Find my iPhone profile on iCloud. I believe all recent iPhone automatically include that in their lineup of apps, and it might be an easier, more reliable way to track her activities until her phone was ultimately shut off.

Possibly. We talked about this way back. On my iPhone 4, one has to manually activate the connection to the iCloud. I don't know about more recent models, but I'm sure LE does.

Far fetched theory, bare with me..

LJM goes to DMV for new license and goes to police dept late Sat after all the reporters leave (per Longo)..What if he did actually speak to police about what he knows (maybe it is bigger than him) and they have him somewhere under their protection and the reckless driving and warrant are a ruse to make the others think they are still safe. Maybe after speaking to police, they knew what they missed in the house and went back yesterday to get it..

Not denying LJM guilt of leaving with HG, but maybe he has been working with them the whole time to catch someone else?

That would make Longo worthy of an Academy Award for his extraordinarily passionate statements and press conferences.

I had that very far fetched thought on Saturday too. I think I'm over it now ;) One of my impressions watching the Sunday PC live was that It seemed at times, almost like a TV drama. Or that Longo sounded more like a lawyer in a courtroom, which now makes more sense to me since I read up on his background & career..

I am following along but skimming over many many posts.
I am hoping whatever evidence is found will give LE a forward direction and focus. I think they are hoping to find conclusive evidence to find Hannah and make an arrest.

I think they're hoping for both conclusive evidence that Hannah was in that car at some point, and evidence of where the car might have been since her disappearance (mud/dirt/ etc).

It is his right. But so what? It is not about what he is allowed to do. It is about what is typical behavior of an innocent person. I frankly don't understand the confusion about that.

I have a right to do many things. But what rights I chose to invoke and the timing of my invocation may say a lot about me to someone profiling a crime. "But you have a right, to do that!" is not a valid argument against profiling of me based on my conduct.

Human behavior and trends in it remain an important focus of profiling.

If he is guilty, he still has the right not to talk to police. And as they think he is, Imo, LE can hardly expect him to. Jmo

Apparently JM worked at the Martha Jefferson House (a retirement residence) as in 04/2012 THE RECTOR AND VISITORS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA A CORP T/A UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA tried to garnish his wages for a warrant in debt he owed.

Anyone know if he ever attended there...There are several warrant in debts for a lot of $$ against in from the same

I would like to know if LE used a cadaver dog and scent dogs with regards to JM car. Wouldn't they alert if they detected something?

I think that's how they got the warrant. JMO.

Translated this means:
"White man seen following hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was POLICE. There was not another individual with hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate."

With twitter each line can only have so many characters/ words to it so sentences get broken up....you have to flow sentence to period punctuation( sort of like TELEGRAMS)..
So...basically this news reporter is stating as a fact that WG IS A COP !! who witnessed hannah with Jim...he just initially gave wrong description of hairdo ( whether mistakenly on purpose we don't know...)

Thats not what I read.
Police:White man seen following Hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #Matthew The police are saying what is followed by the : then at the end she hashtagged BG/JM/dread guy/whatever else name hes been called.

so then she runs out of tweet space and CONT: back to police say: etc

NO! You are missing #matthew. Its says the black guy seen was Matthew. Then it says police: meaning the next line is a quote from.police. WG is NOT LE

Oh dear...sorry...I'm obviously confused by twitter syntax and punctuation...
I misinterpreted that because of CONT...
To think I was an English Major...I fail at twitter...:shame:

I don't believe in any absolutes either way so of course LE is not above reproach but there does seen to be much unjustified criticism of LE in this case in my opinion..much moreso than there is of te POI who like be actually responsible for this crime..there needs to be a balance based on fact and logic..

It is a matter of opinion. I do not think that questioning LE automatically equals disrespect. JM should be presumed innocent, instead LE has presumed him guilty and taken actions that have convinced the public (at least on this board) of his guilt as well. They put a video of him out, his name out, searched and seized his car, searched his apartment, followed him with a close obvious tail everywhere he went, put wanted posters out for reckless driving, and have been very vocal about their belief in his guilt, including doing the rounds of talk shows - and then act surprised he hasn't come to talk to them to prove his innocence. Maybe they have the smoking gun and that is why they are so confident in being vocal and public about JM being guilty of Hannah's disappearance and once the forensics are back today, they will charge him with crimes related to Hannah. If they are that sure of his guilt, why not officially call him a suspect and why didn't they arrest him between Thursday and Sunday?

I would hate for this to turn into an ugly trial where defense says Hannah went with him and had consensual sex, for example, if her DNA is found in his room and is not blood or is a very small amount.

Thats what has always annoyed me.

It would be pretty easy for JM to have said Yes we had a drink, yes I took HG home, yes we had CONSENSUAL sex, then she left.

That would cover all his bases and force LE's hand.

lol...sorry, but....um, yes...you do ;).

Too cute! LOL You're forgiven!

Charlottesville police Capt. Gary Pleasants said the witness came forward Wednesday night after two more grainy surveillance videos were released of Hannah E. Graham from the Downtown Mall.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-w...eshman-surveillance-videos-show-hannah-graham

That man has come forward to police, saying the teen seemed physically distressed and he "wanted to make sure she got safely wherever she was going," reports the station. He also reportedly called in to a tipline with the information.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/witness-says-man-put-arm-around-missing-university-of-virginia-student/

He's a cop? He took 4 days to come in. He called the tip line. He's a cop?

If I remember right he called in the tip and LE never got back to him. So he went into the Pct.

Clu, I think she struggled in his car. When I saw the car window was damage, my heart sank. She is tall. If he tried to choke her or hit her, she would have fought back, damaging the passenger side window with her feet. If this happen they would have maybe blood, her hair, etc.

What next? They went back to his home again. So I think they found something whiich could lead to his arrest, imo.

I agree. The damaged window was a huge red flag to me, but obviously isn't the kind of evidence that would trigger an immediate aren't warrant. I would love to know if police forensics can prove or disprove which side of the glass was damaged - inside or outside. Inside damage would prove that some sort of struggle to place in the front seat of the car.

Have you seen the posts some of his friends are writing? I found this searching for (hashtag) LJ Matthew. I know friends stick up for friends but it does give you pause.

https://www.facebook.com/karen.philhour?fref=nf

"I have known Lj Matthew for most of my life and I feeling just sickened by what is happening right now. I cannot speak of guilt or innocence, but as far as character I have only known a gentle, kindhearted person who looked after me from elementary through high school. I can only imagine how scared he and his family must be at this time and I hope beyond hopes that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and will find the courage to come forward to help find this poor girl and help the world see the person that so many of us call a friend."

This is my first post. I've been wrapped up in this case and joined this site as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966