VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the mind that anything can happen anywhere. Gun permits are issued almost every day. Your personal protection needs to be a priority. Future abductions can be prevented with an instrument invented in 1260 know as a firearm. Two words: Personal Responsibility

There are VERY few college campuses where guns are allowed and even fewer where handguns are allowed. Even if she was a person of the mind to carry, her circumstances wouldn't allow it.

Maybe so, but could JM really be that stupid? HG's name and face everywhere, his name implicated, and he leaves her clothes laying around his apartment? But who knows, just the other day I heard that murderers make an average of 20 mistakes with regards to leaving evidence exposed.

YES! That is exactly how my friend's murder (mentioned in my profile) was solved. The murderer kept her purse in his apartment. :(

Why would you want to do that when LE most likely has JM's DNA to be able to make this charge, and could match it with other cases and add it the charges or make that announcement that he is so linked? This just about ends the speculation.

he said they would have much more evidence coming out in the next few day and I wouldn't be so sure.

IMO if his DNA matched ANY other case, it would be on the wanted poster. #1 Because they could add some serious charged and #2 Because it would give Longo more credibility when people are doubting him. So, IMO, if they had ANY DNA Match to another case, we would know right now.

1am in the UK here and I just can't sleep because the thought of what may have happened to this young lady breaks my heart, the thought of the family in turmoil is beyond thinking- my head hurts so god only knows how they are feeling :(
So young and innocent at that tender age.

So they do not even need someone to say they saw Hannah being forced in the car? Aren't most cases where the defendant turns out to be innocent due to faulty eyewitnesses?

In my post I wasn't suggesting that the charge should be brought on just what we've seen/been told, but that I think that might be why the charge was brought.

It makes no sense that a trafficking ring would target an upper middle class white girl like Hannah. Can someone post a link w/ a similar victim? I would think that even criminals know that certain victims get media circuses and tons of resources...big risk to abduct one of them.

http://www.polarisproject.org/media.../366-nbc-human-trafficking-in-virginia-part-i

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gang-membe...rban-teen-prostitution-ring/story?id=16046155

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-opinions/2010/06/human_trafficking_comes_to_vir.html

It happens. It happens a lot, sadly.

I doubt he is involved with MH. They most likely have his DNA. He would have been charged with murder.

It's possible though that they haven't tried to see if his DNA is a match to DNA in MH case.

This case alone is occupying them 20hrs a day- that's enough for now..

I'm wondering if his DNAdoes match, and they don't want a panic.. If he is a match to a prior rape, then can basically assume his intent? Maybe they don't want to know there's a serial on the loose. Just rambling, sorry.

Serial rapist or serial killer? In either case, I am afraid if police knew the suspect was responsible for such crimes and chose not inform the public, he could well offend again (particularly if desperate). This strikes me as extremely problematic. Can one of our LE/Lawyers comment on the legality of LE holding back such information?

IMO if his DNA matched ANY other case, it would be on the wanted poster. #1 Because they could add some serious charged and #2 Because it would give Longo more credibility when people are doubting him. So, IMO, if they had ANY DNA Match to another case, we would know right now.
I don't think the DNA is back yet...

WoW! I go live my life and soooo much happens!!!! I wonder what evidence they have that it was abduction with intent to defile? That's huge!!! Wonder if they have DNA back or are they basing this on something else?

I don't understand what you mean by that. Evidence is essential. A conviction with no evidence is not easy to obtain and sometimes a conviction is hard enough to obtain, even with good evidence.

Agree totally. LE will have to build its case carefully. Defense only has to persuade one juror to get a mistrial. Plus there's always the possibility of a plea bargain, depending on how the evidence plays out...

I am of the mind that anything can happen anywhere. Gun permits are issued almost every day. Your personal protection needs to be a priority. Future abductions can be prevented with an instrument invented in 1260 know as a firearm. Two words: Personal Responsibility

It is not hard for a man to overpower a woman who is not expecting an attack, whether she has a firearm in her purse or not. The only situations in which guns are effective are those in which there is time to get to and load one's firearm. I mean come on, we have had shootings at police barracks and army bases - where you would assume there are tons of trained persons with access to weapons.

I'm not anti-gun at all. I have protection myself. But a gun wasn't likely to save Hannah here. Not walking around alone, drunk and having drinks with strangers might have, though.

I am also confused as to why longo made no reference to JM being dangerous, and what area they suspect him to be in. Standard APB stuff.

How about this:
1. They found HG's DNA in his car or apartment, thus the new warrant, but
2. They are still waiting for a match of HIS DNA to potential other cases, since they just pulled his clothes and they need time.

Any takers?

Lots of love being sent to HG's family and friends.

I'll take one!!! i agree with this although i don't know exactly what caused the new warrant but some new evidence.

Thx for the reply. Personally, im waiting for actual hard evidence of his guilt. It just seems like 'new evidence' isnt required for these new charges. I want to wait and see what they found from searches, if anything.

That is what I was saying. That I think it is possible the charges were brought on what we've seen/been told so far, not necessarily on anything new that was found. Not saying that it's right or wrong, just that I think it is possible.

Thx for the reply. Personally, im waiting for actual hard evidence of his guilt. It just seems like 'new evidence' isnt required for these new charges. I want to wait and see what they found from searches, if anything.

So (just asking) you think LE just woke up this morning and decided, "Hey - let's up the charges from reckless driving to abduction with intent to defile"? bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule