VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, agreed. I feel quite certain that any parents of daughters on this site would not be real happy about a 32 year old MAN asking out their 20/21 year old STUDENT. Really? "nothing wrong with that"? Well, I see plenty wrong with that.

I have a lot of the same misgivings. Except for the part where JM won't turn himself in or answer questions. I am on the fence and my toe has touched both yards at different times.
I think now that JM has a lawyer arrangements will be made to bring him safely to jail.

What about the UVA bus system? It has been a while but I know it ran down 14th street until pretty late on weekends....I realize it does not go downtown. I'm just asking what the deal with it is today.

There is an app, and it shows the buses live. She had the app and posted a screenshot of it on twitter. There is also a second app, but there was no indication she has it, its called wahoobus

Google: transloc virginia i'm sure the app is along the lines of what the site is: http://uva.transloc.com/

Based on transloc, It appears the farthest bus routes were right around Grady and Preston-ish, after that, the site does not show a bus route.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Could JM's lawyer ask, or even see, what evidence they have before having him go to police?

Would it be absurd to think that JM's attorney is waiting to see evidence in this case before he says to turn himself in?

Can JM's attorney ask to see evidence before a trial in this case?

Parker Slaybaugh FB has copy of arrest warrant being filled out

Would it be absurd to think that JM's attorney is waiting to see evidence in this case before he says to turn himself in?

Can JM's attorney ask to see evidence before a trial in this case?

I'm not an attorney, but I do have experience with the civil courts. And in the civil courts both sides have to turn over their evidence to the other side, just not their arguments/theories. Generally when a case goes to trial both sides know what the other will say.

I am not an attorney but I don't think they do that before he goes to the police to be arrested. I know they have hearings to show what evidence they have for, I think, the judge to determine if they have enough for the case to go to trial; and to determine if bond is granted. I think the evidence isn't provided at this stage. interested to hear what the barristers say.

Could JM's lawyer ask, or even see, what evidence they have before having him go to police?

It's not a matter of opinion tho. It is written and spoken in clear English. He never confirmed or denied there was video. Please feel free to watch the presser again or read from the transcript...

the tweet in question listed as a source "detective" not longo.

And another question: is it ethical for a lawyer to continue to represent a client who has arrest warrants, and the attorney knows where the client is?

Nobody appears to be looking for any other suspects. They don't just "come forward" on their own.

It's not that I don't think they should suspect JM. I do - because he was the last person seen with her. But considering the lack of evidence up until a whole week after she disappeared I believe they should be considering other options as well.

How do we know they don't have evidence? The police don't go around charging someone for abduction and for defiling the victim based on a whim. Imo, they do have evidence and once they obtained the evidence needed is when they charged him. If they just wanted to arrest him without evidence to support it they could have done that days ago. There is a valid reason why they held off on charging him until they did.

Why would LE be looking for other suspects when the evidence is telling LE... JM is the one?

It takes time to gather evidence and get the results. And there will be even more evidence coming back from the lab than has already been sent and returned.

I do believe they have evidence. Of course they are not going to disclose what that evidence entails nor should they.

I am sure his attorney is trying to persuade him to turn himself in. Yet, if he is in contact with JM it doesn't seem to be working.

I think JM knows that he left evidence behind that will tie him to Hannah's abduction. He probably never thought LE would come there and impound his car or search his home or phone.

So, imo, he wont come back, and right now, he knows if he is also guilty of other crimes as well.

There is no incentive for him to return.

This may end badly. Not by LE because they definitely want to arrest him and bring him to justice but if he is armed he may think the cowardly way out is to have a shootout with LE.

IMO

I also feel like we heard quite a bit in the Yeardley Love/George Hugely (sp?) case on details of what they found in the room... blood, damage in apartment, etc. Even before we knew what happened we heard a lot of details.

The details came out very early due to the lack of confidentiality. No one heard of most of the details in the recent Alexis Murphy case until the trial. Some questioned if there was even enough evidence to hold the defendant. Ultimately, he was found guilty in a verdict reached very quickly by the jury.

It is harder to find a fair jury if the evidence is released and the defense has not had a chance to argue its validity.

The new video is pretty grainy, but HG seems to be moving at a more relaxed pace than when she's caught on the camera at Sal's. Wonder if that's real or an artifact of the camera, and if it's real, what made her pick up the pace after she passed Fellini's.

I am not an attorney but I don't think they do that before he goes to the police to be arrested. I know they have hearings to show what evidence they have for, I think, the judge to determine if they have enough for the case to go to trial; and to determine if bond is granted. I think the evidence isn't provided at this stage. interested to hear what the barristers say.
There has to be some type of evidence for charges and an arrest to take place.

I am behind... But am taking the risk on jumping in here to give my two cents...:twocents:

I am waiting for LE to catch up with JM... Or vise-versa...

While thinking about the announcements of LE... It is interesting to me that there has not been a seeming urgency to find him... I.E.... No warnings of armed and dangerous, or just dangerous...

I also feel LE does know where he is... And is tracking him in some way...

Perhaps they are waiting for him to take them to Hannah, or catching him communicating with an associate important to the case, both of these, or ???

Just my thoughts at the moment...

P.S. Wow! There are 582 users browsing on this thread ATM... 242 members and 340 guests...

Please join in if you have anything to share...

:seeya:

As for a previous poster clients with warrants are common to attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592