VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was discussing this with my husband this morning. I said to him "You'd think more people would remember her in the restaurant, especially women, because she was wearing white tennis shoes which is unusual for going out in a college town". And then I thought... wait. Why was she wearing white tennis shoes? Was she expecting a long walk that night? White tennis shoes isn't usually "going out" attire for women.

I thought the exact same thing, at least when I noticed her shoes in the mall video. They looked like white sneakers and didn't match the rest of her outfit at all so I was wondering......

I wonder if the bar in question was her ultimate destination.

Re the WG's description of BG being wrong:

I don't think it was a red herring. I think that it is a great example of how flawed eye-witness testimony can be. When WG saw Hannah, yes he was concerned momentarily. But he had no idea a crime would be committed, he would be asked for a description, etc. When Hannah was approached by BG and BG put his arms around her, WG apparently registered in his mind 'approached by black guy, seemed like she knew him.. okay'. He had no reason at the time to ingrain a detailed description of the man in his mind. Plus it was night time, and the BG may have been mostly turned away from WG. And that's it. It wasn't until a several days later when the police obtained a description from him. Who knows what type of bias WG might have had affecting his memory of the BM's description-- I'm sure if he's a resident of the area he has seen the sketch of POI from MH/Fairfax rape case, etc.

Wonder why WG did not recognize dreads if he makes a habit of being at the mall that late at night. Apparently Dreads was recognized by others at the mall. ???JMO

I was beginning to think I was crazy. It's not just the tennis shoes, it's the white tennis shoes. In her pictures she is often wearing flip flops and black shoes. I would have noticed someone in all black, including a metallic shirt, except for white tennis shoes, and I hope other women do too.

IDK exactly what type of tennis shoes they were, but Keds and Vans are very popular for that age right now. They are 'stylish' tennis shoes rather than practical tennis shoes... you wouldn't actually exercise in them. Even though her outfit has some shimmer and shows her stomach, it is still a pretty athletic-type outfit.

If they knew each other, good enough to have a drink & get in the car together, why not scream across the food court? Why sneak up from behind?

Didn't want to draw attention to himself? Didn't want to frighten her? I don't think they knew each other. I think she may have felt comfortable because he looked familiar and she was lost and hadn't seen a friendly or familiar face for over an hour.

I don't think they do know each other tbh. I think she's probably seen him hanging around the mall all the time. He's seen her looking worse for wear and vulnerable that night and gone up to her. She recognises him, and as they say familiarity breeds contempt. He's being friendly and nice, says "I'll buy you a beer". She thinks in her drunken state "he's harmless, he's here all the time and everyone knows him." So she goes for a beer. He offers her a lift.back to her place and she gets in his car. And then she disappears.

Why is she moving fast? Some people have speculated that she was in a rush to meet someone. Instead, she decides to stop and have a drink with a person she has seen around the mall from time to time. I find that a little harder to swallow. Again, just IMO

It sounds like police know that Hannah, visibly drunk, was last seen with a man that befriended her on the street. They went into a higher end cocktail lounge/restaurant and bought take-out alcohol. Then, they got into his car and that's that last time she was seen. I guess there must be evidence that she was in the car, because that led to a search warrant of his residences. I guess there's no evidence that she was in the residences? If there's a physical connection to the suspect in the Morgan Harrington case, that would explain why police were searching where her body was found. What are the chances that there is DNA on file for the suspect in this case, because there is DNA from Morgan's case. I wonder if his toothbrush was collected as evidence. What's the fastest that DNA evidence can be turned around ... about two weeks?

Did they have the press conference? I was tied up and haven't been able to keep track.

If they knew each other, good enough to have a drink & get in the car together, why not scream across the food court? Why sneak up from behind?

Didn't she turn her head at one point in the video? Perhaps he did call her name or shout, "Hey!"

I don't think he needed to put a drug in her drink....seems she went with him willingly

As for Hannah being "terrified" because WG was following her....she wasn't somewhere alone! She wasn't on some dark, deserted street being stalked by some crazed rapist! There were a lot of people around her. But, I doubt she even noticed WG. Why would she? She was NOT alone being followed by WG. Why, if she didn't know DBG would she allow him to touch her? Why go into a bar with him and then into his car? That was better than some vague threat of WG following her in a crowd of people? I fervently hope that WG is not id'd any time soon. His life will be a living hell. What a shame

Didn't want to draw attention to himself? Didn't want to frighten her? I don't think they knew each other. I think she may have felt comfortable because he looked familiar and she was lost and hadn't seen a friendly or familiar face for over an hour.
I think he was just one of them guys that can get you things. You never talk or associate with the guy until you need things. Friend of a friend

Tempo is one tenth of a mile -- a 2 minute walk -- from Tuel's Jewelers (location of last video where we see POI catch up to her). That's why police today pinpointed that they want to know if anybody saw anything between 1 and 2am in that area.

I called the tip line on Thur about it.

Can you share the time on the video where he turns around? Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed previously, but the thread is moving so fast I think I'll get lost if I go digging. :). Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another reason they might not of arrested him is they want to see his reaction. They want to see what he does and where he goes. Now that he knows the cops are onto him.

godd points...

Additionally... If they arrest him now... Doesn't that start the clock ticking for a trial to start?

I imagine LE wants all the evidence they can get before he is locked up...:jail:

Please correct me if I am wrong any/all you wonderful legal WSers out there...:seeya:

If he knew her and this was his plan, he wasn't very smart. So many places in between the party house and there that he could have picked her up that would have been more private, and less likely to be seen than in the mall and taking her into a restaurant. Not seeing it, I think it was a crime of opportunity. MOO

What I really want to know is who is this guy, because then we might be able to track down places he would have taken her.

I don't think they do know each other tbh. I think she's probably seen him hanging around the mall all the time. He's seen her looking worse for wear and vulnerable that night and gone up to her. She recognises him, and as they say familiarity breeds contempt. He's being friendly and nice, says "I'll buy you a beer". She thinks in her drunken state "he's harmless, he's here all the time and everyone knows him." So she goes for a beer. He offers her a lift back to her place and she gets in his car. And then she disappears.

This article says she never went to the mall.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57