VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am new to this case, just have seen the general updates on the news.

I see that they have narrowed in on the Black male with dreadlocks.

But does anyone else think it's strange that the other man (White male) followed her to, according to him, make sure she was okay? I dunno, that sounds very odd to me, but maybe he's just a really nice guy?

If the vehicle is unrelated to the search warrant for the row-houses, what led to that search warrant?

A witness seeing an orange car leaving the area right after he and Hannah left Tempo. That means they had an orange car to go on. Really nothing more concrete. So this guy has the orange car. LE needs more proof to be sure it's THE orange car leaving the mall that night. Finding anything that could confirm that (parking stub on dashboard, possibly even food containers from a restaurant at the mall, anything that could link that orange car to Tempo or the mall). Then they could go forward with enough to search the apartment. JMO of course.

Hi everyone, I am new to this case, just have seen the general updates on the news.

But does anyone else think it's strange that the other man (White male) followed her to, according to him, make sure she was okay? I dunno, that sounds very odd to me, but maybe he's just a really nice guy?

Oh dear, there are literally pages debating the white man's activities, lol

Actually it happened slightly different than that - I don't mean to split hairs, but it may be significant. On Friday morning, while at the Hessian Hills apartments, Chief Longo was asked about the search of the suspect's vehicle by a reporter. I have to paraphrase Longo's reply because I don't have it in front of me, but it was roughly this: "The vehicle has been removed from the scene but has not yet been searched. While on-scene to remove this vehicle, probable cause developed which allowed us to seek a search warrant for the apartment." So it is possible that LE saw evidence inside the vehicle, outside the vehicle, or elsewhere at the premises (there was a dumpster close by) but at this time we don't know.

Yes, or that someone at the residence said something.

One thing became clear today at the press conference BG is a player.He knows the game.The chief seemed really poed and I think it was because BG didn't say anything.
They had a search warrant and searched.But I bet you,he wasn't talking.Maybe even a smart *advertiser censored* to them.Just my general feeling,I hope they have evidence ,because this one won't be talking.Sure this is not his first run in with the law.
I think you mean "Dreads". ;)

General consensus (if I may be so bold as to speak for the group that's been commenting here) is that yes, the guy who trailed her looked odd, but that he really was trying to help her. Not everyone agrees, but I think that many people were convinced when Longo came out today to say that the person they were interested in, and the person she was with when last seen on video, was the man with dreadlocks.

Yes. Am I allowed to link it here?
Yes. Hannah is a victim, so you can link her social media accounts. Thanks for asking first.

For future reference, questions about the rules should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

Thanks again.

I am wondering if the probable cause to search the apt was the license plate number. Maybe they had to get a visual id on it to run the plates on the premises. Technicality of law.

Yes. Hannah is a victim, so you can link her social media accounts. Thanks for asking first.

For future reference, questions about the rules should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

Thanks again.
You bet, and will do.

If searching the vehicle resulted in a search warrant for the residence, isn't it most likely that there was something in the car that led to the belief that Hannah was in the apartment, and therefore the search warrant for the row-house.

It could have been something simple like rope or twine used to tie down cargo. I keep some in my trunk under the carpet and dont even notice until i need it once a year. I also recently had 12 inch zip ties because i needed to tidy up cabling at home. The big zip ties can be cut down neatly to remove the remainder so a person would be smart to get the biggest in store

14th and Wertland is the location of the last text message ... at 1:20AM. Hannah was apparently with the large black man at that time, because we know that they were at Tempo after 1:08AM, and she got in the car with him after he purchased alcohol for take-out at Tempo ... and about 15 minutes passed.

Screwy timeline.

12 minutes after she was seen near Tempo, she was texting that she was lost a mile away from 14th and Wertland, but apparently in the meantime she spent up to 15 minutes near Tempo with the suspect, then willingly got into his car.

The text SAYS she was near 14th and Wertland but IMO, she was not. I believe the perp texted that message from her phone, to make others believe he dropped her off there, but there is no evidence that Hannah was ever near 14th and Wertland at 120 am. Does that make sense?

Oh yes. If this is the same man that attacked a woman near the tennis courts, and murdered Morgan Harrington, then this man intentionally harms people.
If this man approached a drunk 18 year old, seduced her with more alcohol, and invited her into his car, he intentionally harmed her.

With all due respect, we don't know that ANY of that is true at this point.
1. We don't know that he attacked a woman near the tennis courts. (We actually have zero indication that he did.)
2. We don't know that he murdered MH. (Again, we have zero indication that this is true.)
3. We don't know that he approached a drunk 18 year old. (As we don't know whether she was drunk, even if we assume that he was the one that approached her, as opposed to the other way around.)
4. We don't know that he seduced her with alcohol. (Or with anything else, for that matter.)
5. And we don't know that he invited her into his car. (And even if we assume this, it doesn't suggest harm in and of itself.)

Like Claudia said: "Anything is possible at this point." While that could include all five of the above being true, it is just as likely that an accidental overdose occurred.

IMO, the narrative that is being created of this young, naive female, incapable of any agency in her own decisions, doesn't reflect my own experiences as an 18-year-old college student. If we view HG as this helpless child, we ignore an entire range of scenarios, which ultimately reduces the likelihood of finding HG. (I do want to clarify that in raising the issue of HG's agency or decision-making, I am in no way, shape, or form judging/blaming/etc. I instead raise the issue because that agency and those decisions could give us important clues to her whereabouts.)

Any locals to Charlottesville here ?? Could you tell me please, of the high schools that serve the Charlottesville area, are any in particular , say 2 or 3, more known for their, umm, less than stellar academics and/or behaviors? Thank you...

(eta, I am uncertain how many there actually are)

In case someone is trying to catch up, is new, or simply as a refresher...

• 11:50 p.m. Friday — Graham last seen by friends at Camden Plaza Apartments, in the 200 block of 14th Street NW.
  • 12:45 a.m. Saturday — Graham seen on surveillance video outside of McGrady’s Pub on Grady Street.
  • 12:55 a.m. Saturday — Graham seen on Shell station surveillance video on Preston Ave.
  • 1 a.m. Saturday — Witness reports seeing Graham on Downtown Mall
  • 1:06 a.m. Saturday — Video captures Graham in front of Sal’s, continuing to walk east along the mall.
  • 1:08 a.m. Saturday — Graham seen in front of Tuel Jewelers.
  • 1:20 a.m. Saturday — Graham sends a text to friends saying she was lost in the area around 14th and Wertland Streets.

and all surveillance videos here: http://wtvr.com/2014/09/18/all-surveillance-videos-of-missing-uva-student-hannah-elizabeth-graham/

Reference: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/19/police-search-car-apartment-in-connection-with-missing-uva-student-hannah/

"Police, including Charlottesville's forensic officers and police from Albemarle County began searching four units in an apartment complex late Friday morning, the Charlottesville Daily Progress reported. Longo said the wider search came after evidence was found in a vehicle parked in the Hessian Hills neighborhood."

Interesting. I must have missed the fact, that 4 units were searched. Wondering if 3 of them, were occupied by the 'other people' that were in DG's apartment. Curious about the possible scenario, where all 4 units, contain some physical evidence (hair, fibers, etc.), because these individuals have been in each other's apartments, during the past 6 days or so.

Sidebar: This article refers to HG as 'Heather'.

The text SAYS she was near 14th and Wertland but IMO, she was not. I believe the perp texted that message from her phone, to make others believe he dropped her off there, but there is no evidence that Hannah was ever near 14th and Wertland at 120 am. Does that make sense?
Won't they be able to tell where that text was sent from? How close can they get to a location? I don't really know how all that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet