VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · Sep 19

I just reported on the radio: confirmed 3rd assault took place last wknd: young man nearly beaten to death 13th st. near the (cont'd)

Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · Sep 19

UVA Corner and blocks from other 2 sexual assaults that took place same wknd- this man was beaten approx 130a same night Hannah dissapeared

BBM

So:
Friday night -> Saturday morning: 1 disappearance, 1 violent beating
Saturday night -> Sunday morning: 1 rape right near Hannah's apartment
Sunday night -> Monday morning: 1 beating and suspected rape

All of those near Hannah's apartment, except for Hannah's disappearance, and we don't know for sure where she was last, except that she said she was near her apartment, despite being pretty far away when placed on the mall around the time of the text.

Actually, the rape at 1:40- we don't know who it was... all it states is a student called in. Could have been called in on the anonymous line- and no one in authority actually saw the student.

eta: fox report - they had an LE or former LE that was there when the search warrant was issued. (paraphrasing) He said I hope they got some info about the 2 that were with JM in the apt. He stated to remember this is a missing persons investigation- LE is all about finding Hannah. He said JM's name was leaked.

I agree that the two people that were with JM at his apartment when LE visited should have conversations with LE, too....

JMo...

All Our local news stations are urging kids to download this app.

That's great!

I've (obviously!) not heard of it at all here media wise or anywhere else! (Heck, not even prior on WS) I'll have to mention it to some of my media contacts.

Thanks for posting about it!

Have you heard of PulsePoint? It's another great program and app that's finally getting adopted by more agencies and then pushed publicly.

They're working with EMS / related agencies, and also going the app route with the public, to try to get increase survival rates and help in cases when CPR is needed, by getting help to the victim by bridging the time between a call being made to 911 and first responders getting to the scene.

Public AEDs get used in less than 3% of the cases when they are available (in a reasonable distance from the incident location) and needed, so they're also trying to help decrease the time between event and defibrillation time by also providing the location of the nearest AED as well.

http://www.pulsepoint.org/pulsepoint-respond/#at a glance

If the cardiac emergency is in a public place, the location-aware application will alert trained citizens in the vicinity of the need for bystander CPR simultaneous with the dispatch of advanced medical care. The application also directs these citizen rescuers to the exact location of the closest publicly accessible Automated External Defibrillator (AED).

Basically...

PulsePoint Respond empowers CPR-trained citizens to help improve patient outcomes and save lives by reducing collapse-to-CPR and collapse-to-defibrillation times.

Love how some of the testimonials have described it - http://www.pulsepoint.org/pulsepoint-respond/#testimonials

Why is tucking a phone in your pants asking to be pick pocketed? And why especially if the top doesn't meet the pants?

Because it makes your valuables easier to be seen and grabbed.

I think searching door-to-door is a better strategy than looking in the woods. Especially during the first couple of weeks. Agree or disagree?

Interesting! I hadn't considered that autocorrect could be at play. I am constantly sending nonsensical (or worse, sensical but autocorrected to be wrong) texts. Also, I forgot that the battery isn't removable. Don't cell phones send signals even when off if the battery is alive? Isn't this what got some criminals in trouble in the early days cell phones -- that they thought turning their cell phone off was enough to hide their movements?

Autocorrect is out of control these days. My mother can't type my name in an e-mail without it getting autocorrected to Apache, which certainly isn't my name. I tend to think Hannah's text wasn't autocorrected, but these days it's anyone's guess.

All this talk about alcohol sure does make me thirsty.......

Is 7:30 A.M. on a Sunday morning too early to have a beer.....??

Isn't there a tee shirt that says BEER, not just for breakfast lol JMO

This bothers me, too. She sent a text to someone in particular. She said she was lost. She asked to be looked for. Did anyone bother to look for her? Did no one know where she intended to go when she left the party? Was she that secretive, or that much of a loner? She seemed quite sociable to me. JMO

Her friends may have been just as impaired.

Has there been any mention of phone pings? LE can get that info without the actual phone. I just don't know if pings are useful in such a small area of concentration.

We don't know if it was WG getting it wrong or LE changing it on purpose tho. I doubt we will ever know.

It reminds me of the sketch that was released in the Abby Hernandez case that looked the exact opposite of the actual suspect.

When I listened to law enforcement's statement to the media, I interpreted their words to mean that WG described JM as having dreads, but that NOW, law enforcement is describing him as having a shaved head (meaning that JM shaved his head since the night Hannah Graham disappeared).

Was that anyone else's understanding, too?

Has there been any mention of phone pings? LE can get that info without the actual phone. I just don't know if pings are useful in such a small area of concentration.

That was mentioned very early in the threads. I think someone said her calls could have gone to any one of 4 towers and the impression I got was that they are so close together that you really couldn't pinpoint the location of her phone. Did I misunderstand? Dunno JMO

Are landfills being search?

This seems kind of obvious to me, I have to assume it is to LE also? I should/can make that assumption, right?

I realize it is a terrible thought, but we know by now...reality can be harsh.

And, there is a dumpster is so close to the searched apartments.

I agree, unfortunately, that dumpsters and landfills should be searched...

I was thinking I had read in initial reports of the search of JM that a dumpster was taped off... As for searching... But I can not find it now....

I must have been wrong...

:sigh:

"WG" was a cop or CI. I can almost guarantee it. It's quite clear where LE is headed with this case, and for good reason. They're not going to "trick" WG by naming - QUITE CLEARLY AND PUBLICLY- another POI. That's all kinds of reasonable doubt, and WG's defense attorney would eat that for breakfast if they did that. This isn't Law and Order or Suits. There is no 'twist' or 'game' here. Fact is, the evidence and circumstances lead to dreads and no one else. Utterly baffles me that some folks can still cling to the idea that WG is involved. Just. Baffled. IMO.
I think most of that blaming is because of misleading descriptions and the statements pertaining to him following her UNTIL she met our current POI which we see in the video is untrue .

The phone thing has me baffled. I listen to a scanner, local le & fire. I hear dispatch tell a patrol cop to check on a 911 hang up from a cell phone at the corner of east and main, a cell phone. Yet they can't triangulate her phone. Batteries out? in the water? I wonder what is heard when calling her phone. Has it been said that her phone is not responding? idk jmo

Why is tucking a phone in your pants asking to be pick pocketed? And why especially if the top doesn't meet the pants?

Seriously? People are killed for their cell phones these days. That the shirt didn't meet the pants means the shirt didn't cover her phone if she tucked in her waist band.

When I listened to law enforcement's statement to the media, I interpreted their words to mean that WG described JM as having dreads, but that NOW, law enforcement is describing him as having a shaved head (meaning that JM shaved his head since the night Hannah Graham disappeared).

Was that anyone else's understanding, too?

Not at all. At the last (Friday night) press conference, he was clearly described as having dreads. The putative goatee wearing man with a close shaven head hasn't been mentioned by LE since well before that PC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ed-hunt-missing-uva-student-article-1.1945599

" Investigators declined to answer any questions about the man or offer more details about why he was not taken into custody.

Longo said Graham and and the man had entered a restaurant called Tempo on the mall, and purchased alcohol. They left about 15 minutes later in a car,
the same one police searched Friday.

"We have every reason to believe Ms. Graham was in that vehicle," said Sgt. Jim Mooney of the Charlottesville police."

bbm

And... If POI had driven HG from Tempo/mall parking spot to the intersection near her apartment... Wouldn't there have been some surveillance video footage from businesses along the route showing his car traveling that route?

:waitasec:
I think more videos of the car travelling away from the mall area will be released in the next few days...
There were bound to be some CRTC cameras along the route to Hessian Hills (if that is where he travelled that night) or videos pointing out a different route/destination...
It took time in the Mickey Schunick case for video to show Lavergnes truck leaving the area...LE will definitely be investigating any and all sightings of the car and its timeline....

I called 911 with my cell phone one Saturday morning when I found a 4 year old kid wandering around in a city park all alone. I did not even need to give 911 my location, they knew exactly where I was via my android activated location tracking. The kid started running from me a little and so I was following him until the police got there, and THEY AT 911 were telling ME what street I was on. Amazing technology. Sadly, if Hannah had called 911, they would probably know exactly where she was.

I read somewhere that JM was a taxi driver and used his burnt orange car.

Where did you read that?

It's a coupe, not a good car for a taxi. The photo most believe was him as a taxi driver show him standing next to a typical yellow cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate