VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they should also realize that if they just spent time with a girl in a public place, who turns up missing later that night, they are painting a much larger bullseye on themselves if they don't come forward.

well, of course this is all easy enough for us to say. if we were a black man and the last person to see hannah, we might experience levels of fear that we ourselves do not recognize

So Hannah left the party at 11:50 and no one knows where she went from there until 12:26 at McGrady's? Is this correct?

I worry about how much LE have outed JM. It may in the end turn out to be justified, but right now I worry. What if people do what he's asking here and think back and go, Oh yeah, I did see a dread locked black man . Building a case on eye-witness testimony, after you've coached an entire city on what they are looking for. It just seems massively problematic. Like a giant leading question for an entire pool of potential witnesses, which could lead to a bunch of false reports. I also worry that Longo has put himself on the line with outing JM and now might have a hard time backing down if he's wrong. I mean couldn't he possibly be sued? He's all but begged folks to out the guy. If the guy is innocent couldn't that come back to bite Longo in the butt? My first impression of Longo was that I liked him and cheered him in his urgency and zeal for justice. But now I'm worried. I hope they have solid info backing up this strategy. It is not something I have ever seen any LE do before! JMO

Excellent points.

Also why was she coming from the right hand of the screen in the McGrady's video? She left the same way. Shouldn't she have arrived on the left and left on the right?

This has got me confused too. She came from the right and left the same way, to the right. This case has given me the biggest headache..

I hope reporters ask about texts. Was one sent at 1:20am as police first said? If so, no matter what the text said, what is their best information as to where she was when the text was sent?

From the Hannah Facebook page. "Please continue to call in with your tips. Another tip was called in today and they are working it now. Chief Longo is correct, you owe it to Hannah to make that call. Captain Pleasants said everyone was working and hopefully will make more headway today. Keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers."

THANK YOU for calling in your thoughts, mensa.

Can anyone post where the searches are? The one thing I saw from a student who participated in the search said that it was on the edge of campus and that doesn't seem to line up with this guys being the guy. I think this will be a huge indication of whether police think as of now, whether they think she actually went to the POI's apartment.
1. Searches in the area of his apartment = they think it might be him and he took her to his apartment
2. Searches by the mall or between the mall and the party = they think she may not actually have left with him
3. Searches somewhere else = they have reason to think he (or someone) took her by car elsewhere
4. Searches all over = they might not have a real indication of any of the above.

So Hannah left the party at 11:50 and no one knows where she went from there until 12:26 at McGrady's? Is this correct?

She is seen at McGrady's at 12:46AM. It's a distance of 0.5 miles as the crow flies. She must have been lost.

I also think that a lot of people are trouble imagining her being lost because they have a good sense of direction and haven't had that experience of feeling like you know where you're going, when actually you are going in entirely the wrong direction. I can't tell you how many times I have moved with great speed and efficiency farther and farther away from where I'm trying to go. The experience is sort of like when you're sailing someplace where there are lots of small islands and rocky outcroppings (if any of you sail) and looking at a chart, and thinking you know EXACTLY where you are on that chart...and then suddenly the evidence adds up that the islands HERE are configured differently than the islands where you thought you were, and suddenly you realize you were looking at the wrong part of the chart. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's the best way I can think of to explain what things are like if you don't have a great internal compass.
I know exactly the experience, in the woods, and in centers of foreign cities.

But she was not lost the entire time here. I think she knew McGrady's, and I think she knew the Downtown Mall. The distances are not great here.

I do think, if JM was not responsible, she may have taken off in the wrong direction from Tempo, and she might have ended up far east, toward the river. Water would make the phone stop.

If her internal compass was somehow set on "East is toward home" she could have really gotten lost.

I hope reporters ask about texts. Was one sent at 1:20am as police first said? If so, no matter what the text said, what is their best information as to where she was when the text was sent?

Exactly! If the last text was sent at 1:20 am and they went from the jewlers at 1:08 to tempo, there is slim to no chance they received multiple drinks and checked out in under 15 minutes. That receipt from tempo would really help the timeline- bc right now we are assuming that timeline

From the UVA PD Crime Reports: Pay close attention to September 14th. It says that the female student was sexually assaulted in the early morning hours of September 13th. That is the same night that Hannah disappeared.
http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/safety.html

From top down, the first entry references two sexual assaults in the early morning hours of September 14th and 15th, respectively. The second entry references Hannah's disappearance in the early morning hours of September 13th. The third entry references a sexual assault in the early morning hours of September 13th. So were there three sexual assaults or is there a typo in one of the entries? If a typo, which entry is correct?

I know exactly the experience, in the woods, and in centers of foreign cities.

But she was not lost the entire time here. I think she knew McGrady's, and I think she knew the Downtown Mall. The distances are not great here.

I do think, if JM was not responsible, she may have taken off in the wrong direction from Tempo, and she might have ended up far east, toward the river. Water would make the phone stop.

If her internal compass was somehow set on "East is toward home" she could have really gotten lost.

"Van Dyck said that Graham had an off-campus apartment for just two weeks and did not yet know her way around the winding maze of streets. “I still get lost when I go over there,” Van Dyck said.

From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue.
"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

I'm sorry, but I simply don't understand. If someone has information about a missing young woman, there is no excuse for withholding that information. As it stands, the chain of events, from the time that Hannah had dinner at the Fig Bistro and Bar, to the moment that she met JM, is well documented on surveillance video. If she left Tempo and continued walking, there would be surveillance video. If she was dropped off anywhere in Charlottesville, there would be surveillance video, but if someone knows where she went next, and withholds that information, the chain of events cannot continue. In fact, what we have is that the chain of events abruptly stops after Hannah meets JM.

I don't see how that refusal to cooperate is helpful to himself or Hannah ... unless he is guilty.

Have LE said that he "refuses to cooperate" ? They said they want to talk to him. Maybe he has an attorney who has advised him to clam up? Or, maybe he has talked to LE since Friday, and we just don't know about it??? JMO

The description from WG of JG's encounter was that it was a 5'11, 250 pound male in black pants and a white shirt. A stretch from the all-white getup of JM, who is taller and heavier. Maybe they were working together? If so, I think I may know who it is, although I can't be positive of course.

I believe this to be a huge point of contention and incredibly important. I see it 2 ways, WG lied or LE intentionally lied. We ABSOLUTELY need to know the answer to this and only LE knows for certain. The dynamics change immensely if WG's statement was not truthful. It would appear to be intentionally misleading in light of the known facts. Add in his highly suspicious movements that night, one could extrapolate, he was working in concert with JM.

Now LE's statement, hopefully intentional, creates a nitemare for future Prosecutors. You have now introduced an area of doubt. An alternative suspect, where an alternative ending could be theorized. I find it hard to believe LE would intentionally muddy the waters and complicate future prosecution but thats where it stands right now.

This case overall is turning into a legal nitemare. It is so filled with disinformation and confusion, Defense Attorneys will have a field day. I mean if I were the DA for JM, I would point my finger at what, 6 some other persons:

- OWG
- CLOSE CUT GOATEED BM: WHITE SHIRT BLACK JEANS
- SEX ASSAULT PERP1: FEMALE VIC
- SEX ASSUALT PERP2: FEMALE VIC
- FELONY ASSAULT PERP: MALE VIC
- MALE WALKING OUT FROM THE PATIO

Same goes if I were the DA for WG. The "goateed BM" muddied the waters of what looked like a straight forward identification and a NORMAL beginning to an investigation. The release of the assault reports, severely muddied the waters by doubling the suspect pool. The timing of the release I still find troubling. Anyways, I sadly feel like whomever is convicted, will not server a sentence to the fullest extent of the law. The victim will not receive proper justice and the life of a human being gets further devalued in the process. Obvious I never hope that this is the case, but I cant help notice the table being set in front of me.

My thoughts are with the Family as there is no greater tragedy, than crimes against another human being\humanity. Especially crimes against our women, who are the creators\cultivators\incubators of ALL HUMAN LIFE! If I were in charge, there would be an additional layer of charges for all crimes committed, against females\women. I believe its THAT important.

Anyways my 2 cents....

Forgive me if this has been posted before as I have not been able to keep up-but-if the POI was involved with Morgan Harrington they do have DNA to compare for her case so I suspect that would be one reason LE feel secure in identifying him as a POI.(if dna was identified that is) IF that is the case, we would not know yet. This is just my opinion only.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dna-links-abduction-morgan-harrington/story?id=12080850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet