VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police know a lot more than we do. The only things we know are based on what they have released. They release only the information that helps their efforts...and rightly so.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier - I haven't been able to keep up with all of the discussion - but it makes me wonder what's in the videos of HG and JM leaving the restaurant that they don't want the public to see. If they're casually walking together then how is that any different to the footage of them walking in the mall where JM has his arm around her waist. More footage in different locations jogs more memories so they must have a good reason for not releasing it. Makes me wonder if HG appears to be not so willingly accompanying JM at that time and they don't want that out there just yet.

or he has nothing more to add to what he has told LE....In all honesty ,I feel Longo MUST have other "evidence" that he is withholding from the public that disputes what has been told to his investigators by Matthews.

I don't think he's told LE anything at all. His grandmother is the only one who is quoted (from a questionable news source) as saying her grandson was not in the car with Hannah.

Am I correct?

True, maybe not guilty per se but as others have mentioned they have more evidence on him than they let on.

BTW- what does BBM mean?

<BBM for Focus>

Bolded By Me; usually a sentence/s in a member's post bolded for the focus of the reply...

Did JLM tell the police he bought her a few drinks? I am under the impression that the only place we've seen this is in the Daily Mail, and that he told that to his mom, who told it to his grandma, who told it to the Daily Mail. Can someone clarify that for me?

Take it with a grain of salt. What police have said is they were in Tempo for up to 15 minutes

Photobucket, where I normally store photos, is no longer working for me, so I'm uploading this map directly to the images folder here at Websleuths.

Attachments

• Hannah_Map.jpg
    Hannah_Map.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 302
Take it with a grain of salt. What police have said is they were in Tempo for up to 15 minutes

That information was updated yesterday. Police believe that Hannah and JM were in Tempo, or in the Tempo area, from 1:20-1:40AM.

No way, no how is Longo giving ALL the information to the public! No way! Something leads him to LJ and thus far nothing has lead him away from LJ. There are few homes that have cameras, but I'm not sure about that immediate area. There are game cameras for hunters, which might be valuable in this case. Especially is LJ is NOT a hunter, thus would have no idea where those cameras are, or who put them there. Sadly, there are national forest all around that area. I don't know the back roads there, heck I get lost in Charlottesville EASILY! But it's an area that locals could very well know the backroads, and the side streets to avoid traffic. I personally hate driving in heavy traffic, and it's heavy at UVA. Locals that drive there all the time would know which areas you can avoid, and still get where you need to be.

I'm about 2hrs from there. Even local parents are getting upset, and ready to pull students out and transfer them. Problem is, I'm afraid this type stuff happens at all big universities! My nephew is first year at a big uni in NC. The same weekend Hannah disappeared, a very intoxicated young lady came up to him, wanting him to ride the bus with her to get where she needed to be back at her dorm. He did as he doesn't drink. How easily that young lady could have gotten in a dangerous situation though! She didn't know him, didn't know he doesn't drink, etc. My nephew is an 18yr old with a much more mature brain! We've always said he has an 'old soul'. He feels guys only offer girls alcohol or drugs for ill intentions. He sees no value in alcohol or drugs at all. Says if a girl doesn't want him sober, he don't want her drunk. He has stopped dating girls because he thinks they reveal too much, and he said 'things should be left to the imagination'...yeah, not your typical 18yr old. He has had an eye opening experience thus far in uni.

Anyway, this whole LJ being on run deal. I don't know if he has left the Charlottesville area or not, but every time my dogs barked last night, I was spooked! While I can conceal and carry, I typically don't since I'm not out at night, or in seedy areas. But I'm rethinking that stance. We don't know who the predators are!!! It's not like hunting wild animals, and you know which will turn on you, and which high tail it when they see yoru movement!! No....could be the person standing next to you in a store, or sitting beside you in church. Scary!

Is JM still hiding, or have police detained him for the driving offense?

At the presser, Longo said to look for JM at the four corners of the nation and beyond. LE doesn't know where JM is anymore

They successfully scared him away. I don't know if he ran because of public scrutiny or if he ran because he has something to hide. I don't know how to feel about this case.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier - I haven't been able to keep up with all of the discussion - but it makes me wonder what's in the videos of HG and JM leaving the restaurant that they don't want the public to see. If they're casually walking together then how is that any different to the footage of them walking in the mall where JM has his arm around her waist. More footage in different locations jogs more memories so they must have a good reason for not releasing it. Makes me wonder if HG appears to be not so willingly accompanying JM at that time and they don't want that out there just yet.

I don't think there is any video of them leaving Tempo. I believe all the police said was eye witnesses saw them. They did say thought that they have video of JM's car leaving the mall area. Longo has pleaded with the public twice that if they saw HG in his car or not tell the police. It seems they are hoping an eyewitness will come forward to confirm if she was in his car but I don't think anyone saw anything. This seems to be a key piece of the puzzle. Did she go with him in his car or not?

Just speculating......JM may be more afraid of another party or other parties than he is afraid of the investigators. JMO

I was under the impression that Tempo's was going to be charged with providing alcohol to Hannah and not specifically JLM.

In the end it is their sole responsibility to make sure a patron is A) not drunk and B) of age. They apparently neglected to do both of those things.

In the one in a million chance I actually see him here in Korea, I'm not going to drop the dime on him until the Charlottesville police present some compelling evidence instead of trumped-up charges on unrelated offenses. As bad as JM is looking at this point, the Charlottesville police look even less trustworthy.

It makes me wonder also Cramoisy! I'd like to know if JM and HG had a drink at that last restaurant or if JM bought a six pack to go. If there is video of JM & HG drinking on the premises then it seems like LE could charge him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor or something if he paid for the drinks. If a six pack was purchased to go then it makes me think they went elsewhere to drink.

I don't think he's told LE anything at all. His grandmother is the only one who is quoted (from a questionable news source) as saying her grandson was not in the car with Hannah.

Am I correct?
Longo has stated that Matthews said him and HG has a couple of drinks then left Tempo and went their separate ways. I'm sure there is a link somewhere(I can't find it now).

I was under the impression that Tempo's was going to be charged with providing alcohol to Hannah and not specifically JLM.

In the end it is their sole responsibility to make sure a patron is A) not drunk and B) of age. They apparently neglected to do both of those things.
If HG showed false ID, who is going to dispute that?

What don't you understand about this? If he spoke to a lawyer, any criminal lawyer would likely tell him to be silent. And they know best what a person should do in such a situation. He was the last person to see this missing person, the police have seized his car, searched his apartment, put his picture on the Missing poster of Hannah Graham, even as they fully admit that they don't have enough info to arrest him for his involvement in this case, and that all they have is that he's the last person they can trace to Hannah. Lawyer is saying that best thing for him is to lie low--already he didn't do that, racing off the way he did in the car, and now giving LE grounds to book him.

He does have some things to hide. He gave alcohol to an underage female who was looking disoriented on film. He probably did try to pick her up. Maybe he succeeded. He could be innocent of anyting other than that to guilty of killing her and disposing of the body, with a whole spectrum in between, and right now the cops have nothing on him. Anything he gives to them, unless it's proof of innocence is likely going to tighten the noose around his neck. The track record of how black men have been treated in the south in such cases is abysmal, and frightening. So of course he's going to be protecting his hide.

Frankly, in most such cases, someone like him, last one to be with missiing person, car right there, there is something to hide, in fact everything to hide. No surprise he isn't talking unless he has to. The instant that there is a shred of evidence that harm likely came to Hannah, JM is likely to get charged with some serious things, as bad as Murder 1. Of course, he is going to be silent. That is the best thing for HIM to do. Not Hannah, not her parents, not LE, but for HIM. And we should also keep in mind, he might well be innocent of anything more than having that drink with her. I personally doubt it, but it is possible.

I really don't think keeping silent is helping him. They will not arrest him solely on his interview. They have to have evidence to arrest someone. So if he knows he is innocent then he knows they will find no evidence of Hannah ever being in his vehicle.

Yet, her runs and isn't cooperative with LE.

I don't think he has to worry about providing a drink to an underage young woman. The bartender would have much more to worry about. He/she had to see Hannah drinking the drinks since JM said they sat there drinking them.

Of course he can legally clam up and not speak with police but he shouldn't be shocked that to most that shows he is trying to hide something.

Innocent people are more than willing to speak with LE because they have nothing to hide.

If they were going to charge him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor they would have already done so.

Imo, his race has nothing to do with this case. It is the fact that as of now he was the last to be seen with a missing person.

IMO

No way, no how is Longo giving ALL the information to the public! No way! Something leads him to LJ and thus far nothing has lead him away from LJ. There are few homes that have cameras, but I'm not sure about that immediate area. There are game cameras for hunters, which might be valuable in this case. Especially is LJ is NOT a hunter, thus would have no idea where those cameras are, or who put them there. Sadly, there are national forest all around that area. I don't know the back roads there, heck I get lost in Charlottesville EASILY! But it's an area that locals could very well know the backroads, and the side streets to avoid traffic. I personally hate driving in heavy traffic, and it's heavy at UVA. Locals that drive there all the time would know which areas you can avoid, and still get where you need to be.

I'm about 2hrs from there. Even local parents are getting upset, and ready to pull students out and transfer them. Problem is, I'm afraid this type stuff happens at all big universities! My nephew is first year at a big uni in NC. The same weekend Hannah disappeared, a very intoxicated young lady came up to him, wanting him to ride the bus with her to get where she needed to be back at her dorm. He did as he doesn't drink. How easily that young lady could have gotten in a dangerous situation though! She didn't know him, didn't know he doesn't drink, etc. My nephew is an 18yr old with a much more mature brain! We've always said he has an 'old soul'. He feels guys only offer girls alcohol or drugs for ill intentions. He sees no value in alcohol or drugs at all. Says if a girl doesn't want him sober, he don't want her drunk. He has stopped dating girls because he thinks they reveal too much, and he said 'things should be left to the imagination'...yeah, not your typical 18yr old. He has had an eye opening experience thus far in uni.

Anyway, this whole LJ being on run deal. I don't know if he has left the Charlottesville area or not, but every time my dogs barked last night, I was spooked! While I can conceal and carry, I typically don't since I'm not out at night, or in seedy areas. But I'm rethinking that stance. We don't know who the predators are!!! It's not like hunting wild animals, and you know which will turn on you, and which high tail it when they see yoru movement!! No....could be the person standing next to you in a store, or sitting beside you in church. Scary!

Yeah University of Virginia area seems like a pit of serious crime. I live in Michigan and as far as I know universities like Michigan State and University of Michigan don't have girls vanishing.

Longo has stated that Matthews said him and HG has a couple of drinks then left Tempo and went their separate ways. I'm sure there is a link somewhere(I can't find it now).

I don't recall that. Would love to see a link if someone knows of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate