Found Deceased VA - Jessica Darling Dickson, 30, Roanoke, 1 June 2019

I knew Jessica and this is very sad. She didn't deserve this. I'm just glad her family and friends have some closure, but I hope the law enforcement can find an answer as to what happened to her.

What is considered the back outskirts of Hollins campus ? Is it the part that ends at the NB side of the interstate or does it go into the woods on the other side of the SB side of the interstate by Carvins Cove ?

Sorry I can't answer the outskirts question. Never been there.

Just wanted to say I am very sorry. You knew obviously a pretty, intelligent young woman.

I know girls just like Jessica and the ones I know absolutely make risky connections on the regular. Amateur nude modeling is an interesting hobby

Maybe these girls have to pay a bill? Feed kids? Maybe they picked up a habit? Maybe they don't even know themselves.

Nobody deserves to be found like this young woman did.

Life throws circumstances at you.

Maybe these girls have to pay a bill? Feed kids? Maybe they picked up a habit? Maybe they don't even know themselves.

Nobody deserves to be found like this young woman did.

Life throws circumstances at you.
I don't know if I would agree that no one deserves to be disposed of but I can't imagine Jessica did and I hope I didn't imply that.

We all take risks every day in pursuit of our goals. I don't judge my friends who do nude modeling and enjoy the trust that earns me. I hope they analyze their risks vs rewards as wisely as possible but even if Jessica did it's still possible for one's number to come up. I hope she had someone she trusted that can help to establish what happened and make things as right as they possibly can be.

APR 20, 2021
Police continue investigation into remains found of missing Roanoke woman | WSET
[...]

Roanoke County Police have not made any arrests and said the details are still under investigation surrounding her disappearance and death.

A friend first reported her missing in the spring of 2019. In February of 2021, two Hollins University students found her remains in a wooded area near the back of campus.

Roanoke County Police said it looked like they had been there a while. It took officials about two months to release the identity of the remains as Dickson.

[...]

Nothing on Jessica's case since the 30 April news article above. But still checking now and again.

Arrest made in 2019 case of missing woman's body found near Hollins

The Roanoke County Police Department has charged a Roanoke man in the death of a Salem woman who disappeared almost three years ago.

Christopher Lee Elliott, 38, was indicted Monday by a Roanoke County Circuit Court grand jury on two felony charges: murder and the possession of a firearm by a violent felon.

Arrest made in 2019 case of missing woman's body found near Hollins

The Roanoke County Police Department has charged a Roanoke man in the death of a Salem woman who disappeared almost three years ago.

Christopher Lee Elliott, 38, was indicted Monday by a Roanoke County Circuit Court grand jury on two felony charges: murder and the possession of a firearm by a violent felon.

This guy is a very violent and sick individual. I don't know him personally from the area, but I do know some of the people he knows ( not personally ) and I also saw some things online about his past that will make you sick to your stomach. Thankfully he's in custody and hopefully he won't get out ever again. I hope JD gets the justice she deserves.

I am a multigeneration local.

Hollins is next to an Appalachain Trail access point and there is a small mountain next to it. Sometimes people try to squat in the wooded areas on campus property not realizing they are on campus. This man would have been noticed and quickly kicked off grounds if seen at any time. Jessica would been assumed to be a student and not bothered.

Also, there is a art subculture in this city. I used to know two people who did nude modeling for painting or sculpting classes at two different places and they had no connection to each other.

After seeing his photos, my heart hurts more for Jessica if this was the last face on earth she saw.

The last man to see 31-year-old Jessica Darling Dickson alive before she disappeared three years ago pleaded guilty to her murder in Roanoke County Circuit Court Thursday.

When Judge Charles Dorsey asked Christopher Lee Elliott if he was “truly” guilty of the crime, Elliott hesitated. The courtroom, filled with Dickson’s family and friends, was silent for a moment before he answered, “Yes.”

“I’m sorry that any of this ever happened,” he told the court before Dorsey sentenced him to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, suspended after he serves 20 years.

Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Beth Oates said Thursday that the case was “very complex” and ended with “literally boxes of evidence.”

More at link - long article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back