VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t heard every witness or watched everything, but it seems hard for ANY jury to find someone hasn’t ever abused their spouse based on their stated definition.

From what I saw, Amber seems a very damaged and toxic person, possibly a sociopath, and while he is no angel, he seems to be forthcoming and trying to be real. It just sounds like the law as it is written may not be on his side, if, for example, smashing cabinets is actually considered “psychological abuse.”

I think he will win in the court of public opinion, but maybe not in a court of law.

And I do worry about the baby Amber has. She doesn’t seem in a good place to be a parent, IMHO.

It was not a good look for Elaine when she said that Mr. Depp asked for $50 Million and then SLAPPED her hand on the podium and said Well we said FINE and asked for $100 Million. She sounded just like her client- defiant and “ we’re gonna make you pay”. She must have realized that she needed to tone it down and became soft in saying oh just pay what you think is fair.
JD’s team had already said that it’s not about the money for him, so of course AH team going to come back with the same sentiment.

I have no disrespect for EB. From what I saw of her Bio she is well respected as a top tier trial lawyer and has decades of experience.

Not sure why you say she is not “ pushy “ like Camille though.

Throughput this entire trial EB has been infamous for speaking over opposing Counsel during objections , speaking over the Judge, trying to argue instead of waiting for the Judge’s ruling, etc.

I guess you could call that a vigorous defense.

Yelling at witnesses that they only want their 15 minutes of fame is pretty darn pushy.

And imitating Mr. Depp’s voice and mocking him saying “ You’ll never see my eyes again “ is just beyond the pale and cruel.

Not sure what EB being from MN or being religious has to do with this.

JMO JMVHO

I just thought that compared to the other people involved in this trial she was much more low key, understated clothing, slow spoken and no way she came out with the # of objections that JD's side did. I did not hear or do not recall her imitating JD's voice. I listened to most of the testimony, but for sure I did not hear 100% of it. The backing off from the $100,000,000 to me sounded like an attempt to be placating and humble to the jury, but maybe EB had another tactic in mind that I just do not appreciate. She did not seem particularly aggressive in style to me.

FWIW I was wondering if the jury would really follow the meta data analysis for the photos, whether Dr Hughes was OK not filling out every line of the CAPS5, and the analysis of the various tweets and hashtags after the publication of the Op Ed.

I think she was caught off guard by those two witnesses she said that to. That's true. I also think she was like Dr. Hughes and JD and Whitney and others. She got sucked in by the sociopath, Amber Heard, and that zaps you dry.

I thought there was another person?
TMZ
Trailer guy
Maybe Curry? Or Johnny childhood friend?

One of the things I wish they had played up more was that AH was misrepresenting herself in terms of her own sobriety. The woman is an alcoholic with cocaine, Xanax, MDMA and other drug substance abuse. And yet she pretended to be this paragon of sobriety only trying to save JD from himself. All the while, she refused to stop drinking her 1-2 bottles a night, partook of drugs in his presence and with her own friends regularly, got explosively angry when he questioned her Xanax use and kept pushing him to take the Xanax to 'calm him down' whenever they argued. She also took over control of his meds when he was detoxing opioids and deliberately made that more torturous than it needed to be. I got so angry at how she was pretending to be so virtuous with regard to drug use, in comparison to JD, when the evidence shows she was just as bad.

I've posted already some clips of her being drunk/high during media interviews.

Please also listen to this portion of one of the audio tapes, the whole thing is chilling, but this portion features some of what I was getting at:

Note: I believe the 4 hour audio IS submitted into evidence. I pray that the jury takes the time to listen to the whole thing.
Her personal nurse had in her notes that AH had self reported a history of bipolar disorder, anxiety and addiction to cocaine and alcohol.

One hour?
Wasn't there a lady who had to be with AH in a Green Room, and she could barely last an hour?
I just remembered who this was. It was on a youtube discussion. Pat Ro... (name escapes me) well known profiler. At the end she made a movement with her hands...like claws and said something like beware lest AH gets her claws into you

I think it's noteworthy that this trial, where JD was afforded the opportunity to tell his side and present evidence, and really - bare his soul - coincides TO THE DAY that AH smugly filed her TRO and had the papparazzi waiting for her and her fake bruise, starting 6 years of unbelievable misery for JD.

The trial ended on a positive note for him, IMO. Hearing him say he wanted his side to be heard, and (paraphrasing) that whatever happens, he had the opportunity to tell his side, I tend to believe he has to be relieved beyond what we can comprehend. I want him to win, it would be a fitting epilogue.
I agree. I really want him to win.

But I am not sure if they will be unanimous.

If they both 'lose' and don't win any monetary damages, I will be OK with that because at least his side was shared and he will be able to hold his head up high. I think he is going to go live in France and be close to his kids and work in European films. He will be fine.

I don't think her future will be as prosperous. The most depressing thing for me is thinking about her little baby being raised by Amber and her dysfunctional family. :confused:

Last edited:
I think it's noteworthy that this trial, where JD was afforded the opportunity to tell his side and present evidence, and really - bare his soul - coincides TO THE DAY that AH smugly filed her TRO and had the papparazzi waiting for her and her fake bruise, starting 6 years of unbelievable misery for JD.

The trial ended on a positive note for him, IMO. Hearing him say he wanted his side to be heard, and (paraphrasing) that whatever happens, he had the opportunity to tell his side, I tend to believe he has to be relieved beyond what we can comprehend. I want him to win, it would be a fitting epilogue.

I took a nap yesterday after the trial ended, and I woke up to some clarity of mind. It came to me that the most important witness at the end of the trial was Morgan from TMZ.

The simplicity with which he cut her to the bone was extraordinary. Saying that he dispatched a camera crew, to 'capture her leaving the front entrance of the courthouse, to show a bruise on the right side of her face' was amazing to hear.

Whoever gave that tip HAD TO be working with Amber Heard. No one else could know that. It was probably her trusted publicist, who sat beside her in the courthouse.

And then he followed it with his important description of the 'cabinet video' ---which we KNOW she filmed herself.

And we KNOW she edited it and gave them the copyright, so it could be posted w/in 15 minutes.

When an arrogant Amber kept looking at the jurors and denying she gave it to TMZ and denying she called them about the TRO, it was so wonderful to watch. SUCH AN OBVIOUS STRING OF LIES.

And then, for dessert, Rottenborn puts it into his rebuttal---showing a snippet of the video, AFTER the jury already knows she filmed it and sold it to TMZ herself. And he has the nerve to say ' we know she didn't give it to TMZ because she was on a plane.' INSERT HUGE EYEROLL here ...

Elaine's response was her usual '15 minutes of fame' insult----and we saW HOW THAT WORKED OUT...LOL

I took a nap yesterday after the trial ended, and I woke up to some clarity of mind. It came to me that the most important witness at the end of the trial was Morgan from TMZ.

The simplicity with which he cut her to the bone was extraordinary. Saying that he dispatched a camera crew, to 'capture her leaving the front entrance of the courthouse, to show a bruise on the right side of her face' was amazing to hear.

Whoever gave that tip HAD TO be working with Amber Heard. No one else could know that. It was probably her trusted publicist, who sat beside her in the courthouse.

And then he followed it with his important description of the 'cabinet video' ---which we KNOW she filmed herself.

And we KNOW she edited it and gave them the copyright, so it could be posted w/in 15 minutes.

When an arrogant Amber kept looking at the jurors and denying she gave it to TMZ and denying she called them about the TRO, it was so wonderful to watch. SUCH AN OBVIOUS STRING OF LIES.

And then, for dessert, Rottenborn puts it into his rebuttal---showing a snippet of the video, AFTER the jury already knows she filmed it and sold it to TMZ herself. And he has the nerve to say ' we know she didn't give it to TMZ because she was on a plane.' INSERT HUGE EYEROLL here ...

Elaine's response was her usual '15 minutes of fame' insult----and we saW HOW THAT WORKED OUT...LOL
Oh, so to finish my thought---the reason he was such an important witness is that he spelled out very clearly how she organised her hoax.

If it was a real, honest victim situation, she would have quietly gone and secured a TRO and then filed a police report and filed for divorce. But there'd be no reason for a publicist or TMZ to be alerted.

She'd have REAL pictures of REAL injuries, like Rihanna had. And she would have gotten at least 35 million, by California generous divorce laws. No need for big drama---just charge him with assault and move on. OR don't charge him but bleed him dry financially because he would deserve it.

Morgan from TMZ spelled it out for the jury. He showed very clearly that she had orchestrated her roll out of vicious lies against him, just in time for her divorce filing and her new film role and her ACLU starring role as femme fatale spokesperson.

Meanwhile he was on a European music tour and had no clue what she was doing. He was blindsided.

I reAlly think that the jury got the picture right then when Morgan testified and then when Camille showed the photos, of poor wretched Amber in the black dress, swarmed by paparazzi, looking so forlorn. Then BAM--the next day, all giggles and smiles, cleAn fresh face, no injuries---leaving her attorneys office with her TRO in hand---looking happy as a clam!

Did you notice the one person who didn't clap when the whole courtroom applauded Judy, the stenographer after Judge A. called her a "rock star" for her service during this trial? Take a guess.

Meanwhile, Johnny has consistently show respect to her and the bailiffs:
View attachment 346542 View attachment 346544
Johnny Depp shakes hands with a Fairfax County Sheriff Deputy outside...
You see that sweet picture of JD shaking her hand, and she is smiling warmly at him?

That ^^^ is why Amber didn't clap for Judy or acknowledge her, IMO. She is so petty and bitter.

I reAlly think that the jury got the picture right then when Morgan testified and then when Camille showed the photos, of poor wretched Amber in the black dress, swarmed by paparazzi, looking so forlorn. Then BAM--the next day, all giggles and smiles, cleAn fresh face, no injuries---leaving her attorneys office with her TRO in hand---looking happy as a clam!
SBM

One of the CA divorce lawyers on YT mentioned that you don't have to appear in person to file a TRO in Los Angeles. And that particular courthouse has multiple side entrances, even a guarded underground parking area for those who wish to be super private. AH chose to arrive/leave by the front, most conspicuous entrance. Why? So she could have her pre-arranged photo shoot.

SBM

One of the CA divorce lawyers on YT mentioned that you don't have to appear in person to file a TRO in Los Angeles. And that particular courthouse has multiple side entrances, even a guarded underground parking area for those who wish to be super private. AH chose to arrive/leave by the front, most conspicuous entrance. Why? So she could have her pre-arranged photo shoot.
Exactly. And that won't be lost on the jury. The way she walked out, with her bruise front and centre, like the star of the show, was so freakin obvious.

When she responded to that in cross by saying so sadly ''what abuse victim would ever want to call for reporters to see them like that? ' ----UMMM< someone that wanted the publicity, and planned to use that publicity for their own benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member