VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnotherNiece below is the contact for Dr. Lee. There is a drop-down category for "Victim". It may be far-fetched, but what if you sent a brief explanation of Kelly's death and the ME findings to Dr. Lee. Maybe he would review the autopsy findings and look at the case details? Wouldn't hurt to try?

http://www.drhenrylee.com/contact/

Very interesting parallels, thank you Malini for mentioning David's case.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20019937-504083.html
http://www.freep.com/article/201010...-David-Widlaks-body-has-no-blunt-force-trauma

Autopsy points to drowning for David Widlak

Chad Halcom Lake St. Clair
The site near where police say banker David Widlak's body was discovered in Harrison Township.
| | | | | |

A preliminary autopsy report by the Macomb County medical examiner on Monday points to drowning as the cause of death for banker David Widlak.
John Donnelly, managing partner of Grosse Pointe investment banking firm Donnelly Penman & Partners Inc., and Widlak's brother-in-law, said the family was advised today that a preliminary report by Chief Medial Examiner Daniel Spitz points to drowning, which Donnelly said "very clearly" suggests foul play. The family is considering commissioning an independent autopsy of its own, but Donnelly said that decision isn't expected until late today at the earliest.

(Update: Family will get independent autopsy.)

Widlak, 62, was the president of Mt. Clemens-based Community Central Bank Corp. since 2006.

Ray Colonius, interim CEO of the bank, reported through an employee Monday morning that he would be in meetings with board members at the bank's headquarters on Monday; but Donald Mann, a former deputy commissioner of the state banking commissioner and a consultant hired to work with Community Central, said no board meeting was convened. He expects the board will meet later this week to take a course of action in response to the body being recovered.

Amazing that, in this day & age, an autopsy can't find a GSW - and declares the COD as drowning

A second, independent autopsy today showed that Mt. Clemens bank president and CEO David Widlak was killed by a single gunshot wound at the back of his head and bullet fragments and a bullet were found.

Read more: New autopsy finds gunfire killed banker Widlak; gun found near body's locale | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201010...lak-gun-found-near-bodys-locale#ixzz12xHxnUVD

Texas Mist I literally cannot believe what I just read, honestly sitting here dumbfounded. Thank Gosh the family demanded the 2nd autopsy!!

AN this should light a fire in your family if it wasn't already flaming!! Demand justice for Kelly!!

Does any one know if the M.E. provided any x-rays or scans that could be obtainable for
a second opinion. im wondering if the M.E. even did a cat scan or MRI scan to show any
detail of possibal signs of trama on the bone. some times x-rays are not enough.

Good point to bring up Scrappy! Maybe comparing other autopsy reports also to see what, if any, testing was not done as well.

Thanks its nice to know everyone is still here with me cause this is the loneliest feeling!

AN, I just want you to know that I am always looking at Kelly's thread and hoping for answers. I'm not much of a sleuth or poster, but I am a praying person. I pray for answers in Kelly's murder. My :twocents: is that someone she had been involved with and who posted here had way more to tell. JMOO as always.

Does any one know if the M.E. provided any x-rays or scans that could be obtainable for
a second opinion. im wondering if the M.E. even did a cat scan or MRI scan to show any
detail of possibal signs of trama on the bone. some times x-rays are not enough.

There doesnt appear to be any at least there isnt any listed on the autopsy! The autopsy does say "no visible signs of trauma" the autopsy has not been much help!

There doesnt appear to be any at least there isnt any listed on the autopsy! The autopsy does say "no visible signs of trauma" the autopsy has not been much help!

It may not be much help right now but later it may prove its value. Sometimes the smallest things set off the biggest clue.

I dont seem to even get any replies from any government official in the state of VA. Hopefully with the elections over I can find someone to help me...

AN - Drive them crazy...Call their offices every day - twice a day if you can. Let them know you are just not going to go away!

That's why they could be putting you all off - thinking you will get tired of pursuing this if they aren't answering your questions or getting involved.

Also send them registered letters - that way it has to be acknowledged that it was received by them...follow those up with phone calls and emails as well... Anything you can do to bug the crap out of them.

Get creative maybe? Can you all afford a billboard? Let the people in that area know that officials from LE to gov't are of no help in this case... You all would probably get a news story going with that as well.

AN - Drive them crazy...Call their offices every day - twice a day if you can. Let them know you are just not going to go away!

That's why they could be putting you all off - thinking you will get tired of pursuing this if they aren't answering your questions or getting involved.

Also send them registered letters - that way it has to be acknowledged that it was received by them...follow those up with phone calls and emails as well... Anything you can do to bug the crap out of them.

Get creative maybe? Can you all afford a billboard? Let the people in that area know that officials from LE to gov't are of no help in this case... You all would probably get a news story going with that as well.

Ditto! I think the only way to get satisfaction here for Kelly is to become an incredible pain in the a$$ to LE. They will eventually get sick and tired of fielding your phone calls, telling you the same old thing. If you quietly go away they will never ever think twice about this case. Eventually someone will become annoyed enough to look into this further. And I do think that you have to do exactly what MB says - call twice a day. If they sound annoyed with you, too bad! What can they do to you? You have every right to seek (demand) justice. You're doing it for Kelly and they sure as hell aren't.

Also, I love the idea about sending all documentation registered or certified. They have to acknowledge receipt and can't deny receiving correspondence that way. After following this forum for a while, I see there are so many unsolved cases in that area. You need to keep Kelly's case front and center and make them pay attention.

(MB - these tactics bring to mind Citizen Jane! Talk about perisitence and perseverance...she would be proud!)

Blondie - I love Citizen Jane. She was such a strong woman and a wonderful hero/role model. Her tenacity for justice for her Aunt (and for others) was incredible.

AN - that is someone else to reach out to for their help. Even though Jane has passed away, her organization is still on going.

Here is the contact info for her organization:
Contact Jane's Group
Want to contact Alexander's group, Citizens Against Homicide? Call the group, at 415-455-5944. Or send an email, to vctmsmurdr@aol.com.

Link for the story regarding Jane Alexander:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/05/15/48hours/main195554.shtml

Thanks guys..I never heard of Citizen Jane or Alexanders Group! Does anyone else have any other groups that can help cause Im not up on all these groups. so if anyone can send me other groups I can contact that would be great help. I will contacting any group!!! The worst they can say is that they cant help me and I have been told that many times already. So open to suggestions...please!!!!

Another Niece....Jane's story was truly uplifting and MB thankfully reminded me of her mindset and has made reference to her on other threads and I'm so glad she posted that reminder. Jane's "guerilla" tactics really paid off when she was broken-hearted after her aunt was murdered and her (new) husband disappeared with all of her life's savings. I can't remember the story line exactly as it's been a long time since I read her book but this woman would stop at absolutely nothing. I remember the detective working on her aunt's case was interviewed later and he admitted that she basically drove him crazy with phone calls. As he recalled, everytime he gave Jane a reason as to why LE could not investigate something she found a way that they could. If they told her that testing was too expensive she countered with ideas of how to raise the money. She was so determined to find justice for her aunt and herself. You literally could not say no to this woman and she truly thought out of the box. Plain and simple, she would NOT be ignored, they could NOT get rid of her and she was NOT afraid of being thought of as a "b". It paid off in the end as he was convicted of murder and it seems like they got him for swindling her out of everything dime she ever had. She wrote the book Citizen Jane and I was extremely impressed with her tenacity. MB mentioned a while back that she had passed away but her group still lives on, helping victims to persevere in obtaining justice. What a woman who truly made a difference. Thanks MB for mentioning those tactics because they should be ground rules for everyone who cannot seem to get any traction with LE (IMO).

I absolutely recommend her book - it's inspirational in many ways. And I can't remember how old Jane was when she dealt with all of this but I know she was at least 70! Most of us would have just laid in bed with the covers pulled over us! If she could find the determination at that age, just think of what could be accomplished with the youth, energy and time that you and your family have on your side!

Great synopsis Blondie!

AN - you want to have your "ducks" all in a row when contacting people such as Jane's group and the different LE divisions, gov't officials, coroner's, etc.

You basically need to lay this out as a court case and argue your point (and show evidence) to override that journal entry - like we've done here (There was a list going at one time of why Kelly would have never committed suicide). Couldn't hurt to have formal statements from people Kelly worked with to other friends to family, who believe Kelly wouldn't have done this to herself.

Get some expert opinions if you can - use the google and bing pics that Shutter pulled up and find someone (maybe someone in Jane's group) knows of an expert that can help, showing how it would be virtually impossible (IMHO) for Kelly to have been found where she was.

Unfortunately you're going to have to deal with some touchy subjects - like how she was found (face up or down), how far up on the rock was she found, was she partly in the water or fully on the rock, etc.

Someone really needs to fight the good fight for Kelly. There needs to be answers one way or the other and the family deserves to have these answers. If Kelly was murdered, which I believe she was, whoever was invovled needs to be held accountable.

IF certain things were not done by LE & the coroner that needed to be done in Kelly's case, then they need to be held accountable as well for their not following thru with proper procedures. If you can prove that, then the Commonwealth of VA should be held accountable with a new autopsy by someone of the family's choosing.

~~~ BUMPING FOR KELLY ~~~

:angel::angel::angel:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:​

Well it seems like since its the holidays all the offices I have been bothering on a daily bases trying to get answers are closed. I cant believe that so many government offices get the entire week off for Thanksgiving. I hate to see how long they are going to be closed for Christmas!!!!

STILL SO FRUSTRATED (for lack of better word) WITH THE GOV'T OFFICES IN VA!!!!

Well it seems like since its the holidays all the offices I have been bothering on a daily bases trying to get answers are closed. I cant believe that so many government offices get the entire week off for Thanksgiving. I hate to see how long they are going to be closed for Christmas!!!!

STILL SO FRUSTRATED (for lack of better word) WITH THE GOV'T OFFICES IN VA!!!!

AnotherNiece, have you tried to contact your Congressman? I know he is a Federal official but...my Congressman here in Alabama is an idiot (I know people say that about all Congresspeople but he really is), but he has a local office staffed by some very intelligent people who know how to get things done. I don't know exactly who your representative is because the Richmond area is covered by 2 (or 3 depending on how far out you live) separate districts. If you don't know already, find out who your representative is, go to his website and call his local number. Here is Eric Cantor's contact info, he has the north and west side of Richmond:

http://cantor.house.gov/contact.htm

And here is Bobby Scott's info, he has the south side of Richmond:

http://www.bobbyscott.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=272&Itemid=60

They may tell you that they can't do anything because it's a state matter instead of a federal one. So then try your Virginia State Representative if you haven't already. This site can help you find your state senator or representative and it has all their phone numbers:

http://legis.virginia.gov/1_home/who_to_contact.html

They will all be off until next Monday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny