VA VA - Marcia Remick, 17, Virginia Beach, 9 June 1979

I hope Marcia just ran away to start a new life like Anita Drake did.

Missing for 44 years...

Marcia Estelle Remick, age 17, Missing since 9 June 1979

LINKS:

https://www./threads/marcia-remick-missing-from-virginia-beach-va-9-june-1979-age-17.2413/

I have the impression that any man with whom she has had contact for the last time is suspicious... it could always be that she has run away and started a new life with someone who offered her something good or interesting for her... but after so many years it is more likely that she is deceased... young and pretty girl...
either way
rest in peace

Original

Marcia Estelle Remick, age 17
Missing since 9 June 1979

Dennis Bowman from Michigan was a Naval Reservist who often served active duty periods in the Virginia Beach area. He murdered Kathleen O'Brien Doyle there in 1980. He murdered his own 16 year old adopted daughter, Aundria Bowman in Michigan in 1989, dismembering her and burying her body beneath a shed on his property. He is currently serving two life sentences for those murders. Authorities in Virginia should consider him as a potential suspect in Marcia's disappearance.

LINKS:

Original

Marcia Estelle Remick, age 17
Missing since 9 June 1979

Dennis Bowman from Michigan was a Naval Reservist who often served active duty periods in the Virginia Beach area. He murdered Kathleen O'Brien Doyle there in 1980. He murdered his own 16 year old adopted daughter, Aundria Bowman in Michigan in 1989, dismembering her and burying her body beneath a shed on his property. He is currently serving two life sentences for those murders. Authorities in Virginia should consider him as a potential suspect in Marcia's disappearance.

LINKS:

@CarlK90245 - Do you know if Dennis Bowman was ever looked into for Marcia's disappearance? I know you know his time line on where he was more than a lot of people.

@CarlK90245 - Do you know if Dennis Bowman was ever looked into for Marcia's disappearance? I know you know his time line on where he was more than a lot of people.
I do not personally have a time-line for Dennis Bowman, but one could certainly be drawn up by LE. He was investigated extensively by both Michigan and Virginia Authorities in preparation for his two murder trials, and those files would be available to investigators.

Also, if it hasn't already been done, his Naval Reserve personnel records could be obtained by the FBI or NCIS to determine where he was for various periods of active duty. The Naval Reserve records might also indicate who his civilian employers were and contacting them might yield some valuable information as well.

At this point, it is pretty obvious to Bowman that he will be spending the rest of his life in prison. He is, in fact, a serial killer who traveled to different states. The FBI COULD interview him and try to pry more information out of him regarding his other victims and perhaps close some missing person cases. Maybe even locating their bodies. After all, after being convicted of Kathleen O'Brien Doyle's murder, he did confess to murdering his adopted daughter and described the place where he buried her. Her body was recovered and he was convicted of her murder as well.

It is a pretty good bet that Bowman committed violent acts and murder before he killed Kathleen in 1980 and after he killed Aundria Bowman in 1989.

LINKS:

Last edited:
I do not personally have a time-line for Dennis Bowman, but one could certainly be drawn up by LE. He was investigated extensively by both Michigan and Virginia Authorities in preparation for his two murder trials, and those files would be available to investigators.

Also, if it hasn't already been done, his Naval Reserve personnel records could be obtained by the FBI or NCIS to determine where he was for various periods of active duty. The Naval Reserve records might also indicate who his civilian employers were and contacting them might yield some valuable information as well.

At this point, it is pretty obvious to Bowman that he will be spending the rest of his life in prison. He is, in fact, a serial killer who traveled to different states. The FBI COULD interview him and try to pry more information out of him regarding his other victims and perhaps close some missing person cases. Maybe even locating their bodies. After all, after being convicted of Kathleen O'Brien Doyle's murder, he did confess to murdering his adopted daughter and described the place where he buried her. Her body was recovered and he was convicted of her murder as well.

It is a pretty good bet that Bowman committed violent acts and murder before he killed Kathleen in 1980 and after he killed Aundria Bowman in 1989.
I know @CarlK90245 may know his time line. He knows a lot about Dennis Bowman. He knew all along he had something to do with his adoptive daughters disappearance, and he dug a little more into his life.

I know @CarlK90245 may know his time line. He knows a lot about Dennis Bowman. He knew all along he had something to do with his adoptive daughters disappearance, and he dug a little more into his life.
In June of 1979, Dennis would have been back in Michigan following his release from Navy active duty in Virginia. We don't have an exact date that he returned, but I believe his release from active duty was around 1977. We were very interested in the exact dates and locations in 1977, because of the Deborah Polinsky murder in July 1977 only a few miles from his home. But he was certainly in Michigan in 1979, and had an once-annual week of required attendance in Norfolk VA for his naval reserve status. His assault against the 18 year old female bicyclist occurred in May of 1980 in Michigan, and he began serving his 5-year prison sentence for that assault on February 1, 1982.

In June of 1979, Dennis would have been back in Michigan following his release from Navy active duty in Virginia. We don't have an exact date that he returned, but I believe his release from active duty was around 1977. We were very interested in the exact dates and locations in 1977, because of the Deborah Polinsky murder in July 1977 only a few miles from his home. But he was certainly in Michigan in 1979, and had an once-annual week of required attendance in Norfolk VA for his naval reserve status. His assault against the 18 year old female bicyclist occurred in May of 1980 in Michigan, and he began serving his 5-year prison sentence for that assault on February 1, 1982.
Thanks Carl. I knew you would know his timeline :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back