GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

just wanted to let everyone know that Mr. Robert Hicke is in court today for the Child *advertiser censored* case. Let's hope the Judge can see through all of the lies he tries to give and punishes him severely for this heinous crime.

Will keep everyone posted on what happens as I get it.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE JUDGE LET HIM GO!!!! :furious: The Child *advertiser censored* was clearly on his computer and in his possession but the Judge said that anyone could have put it on the computer....oh I seriously doubt it! Now I know why people take the law into their own hands.

At least he lost his Navy career (and all of the benefits) for what he did to Meghan.

Are you serious???!!!! I can't believe this. What excuse did he have for having child *advertiser censored* on his computer? I would think at his age, his children were young...they wouldn't have downloaded it. Better yet, I bet the children weren't allowed to use the computer without a parent present or there were firewalls on it. With what he did to Meghan, losing his Navy career, it seems to be it should have been obvious who downloaded child *advertiser censored* to the computer.

Un-freaking-believable. This guy is going to be in trouble again.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the sentencing hearing is scheduled for Thursday February 18th at 9:00 a.m.

Article that appeared in our local paper this morning. It's the first time I've seen RB's mother or even heard what her name was.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/02/meghan-landowskis-killer-gets-42year-sentence-portsmouth

May I also add that I'm so sick of seeing "growing up without a father" as an excuse. There are way too many children growing up without fathers in the home (or even in their lives) that grow up just fine without becoming criminals.

I, too am sick of the "No daddy" defense. Will he be able to get out early with time off for good behaviour? Or was part of the sentence that he had to serve the full time?

Just wanted everyone to know that he must be re-evaluated at his 41 year mark to see if he is still sexually messed up....I think 41 years in prison would make him worse (if he makes it that long)....after they re-evaluate him and realize that he is still crazy, he will go into civil lockup which means he will never be out of prison...that is why he plead guilty to the sexual charges....it is a Virginia law.

He does not get out early for "good behavior" the Judge clearly stated that his sentence was consecutive which means he must serve day for day...no parole.

Article that appeared in our local paper this morning. It's the first time I've seen RB's mother or even heard what her name was.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/02/meghan-landowskis-killer-gets-42year-sentence-portsmouth

May I also add that I'm so sick of seeing "growing up without a father" as an excuse. There are way too many children growing up without fathers in the home (or even in their lives) that grow up just fine without becoming criminals.

lizzybeth-I thought the same thing...what does "not growing up without a father" have to do with Meghan's death??

let's not forget scott peterson's mother on the stand making all kinds of excuses and tellling sob stories about her "golden boy"...
I guess these mothers have to say something...i imagine most of them (not sure about Scott's) are horrified privately and even blame themselves...

cluciano63, I would agree that most parents would wonder "where did I go wrong". It's hard to think or KNOW the worst about your child. I don't know RB's mother so I'm not going to criticize her. I guess a lawyer will try any excuse he/she can to defend their client. Even those that are not worth defending.

Heads-up..... I just saw the ending of an Investigation Discovery channel show "Solved" about Meghan's murder. I'm sure it will be re-broadcast many times & I hope everyone will be able to see it. From the little bit I caught, I learned those working on the case were dedicated to finding the killer & getting justice for that cute girl who won WS's hearts. It's great to know when there seemed no progress & LE was mum & we were so disheartened, investigators were intent on finding her killer. Meghan's mother, whom I do not remember having seen or heard during the months of investigation, seemed to be partly narrating the show..... I want to see the show in it's entirety!

noZme,
I saw the show last night. A friend that works for LE called to let me know it would be on. I remember seeing Meghan's mom a few times on local television during the investigation. I think there were some interviews with her and Meghan's step-dad in print during that time. What surprised me was how the case moved along. Here I was thinking it was at a stand still at one point.

I was shocked at RB's callousness and the brutality of Meghan's murder. I knew it was bad but not that bad. Meghan's mom said that RB would miss the bus (back when both Meghan and RB went to Churchland High) and run the mile to get to her house to ride with Meghan on her bus. He must have been obsessed with her for some time. Every time I see Meghan's family I think about her brother and wonder how he's doing.

BTW, I was at Pinecrest a couple of weeks ago where Meghan's memorial is. Her little tree looked so pretty and well cared for along with the tokens that people have left.

Bringing the last 2 posts over regarding the Discovery show "Solved."

Heads-up..... I just saw the ending of an Investigation Discovery channel show "Solved" about Meghan's murder. I'm sure it will be re-broadcast many times & I hope everyone will be able to see it. From the little bit I caught, I learned those working on the case were dedicated to finding the killer & getting justice for that cute girl who won WS's hearts. It's great to know when there seemed no progress & LE was mum & we were so disheartened, investigators were intent on finding her killer. Meghan's mother, whom I do not remember having seen or heard during the months of investigation, seemed to be partly narrating the show..... I want to see the show in it's entirety!

noZme,
I saw the show last night. A friend that works for LE called to let me know it would be on. I remember seeing Meghan's mom a few times on local television during the investigation. I think there were some interviews with her and Meghan's step-dad in print during that time. What surprised me was how the case moved along. Here I was thinking it was at a stand still at one point.

I was shocked at RB's callousness and the brutality of Meghan's murder. I knew it was bad but not that bad. Meghan's mom said that RB would miss the bus (back when both Meghan and RB went to Churchland High) and run the mile to get to her house to ride with Meghan on her bus. He must have been obsessed with her for some time. Every time I see Meghan's family I think about her brother and wonder how he's doing.

BTW, I was at Pinecrest a couple of weeks ago where Meghan's memorial is. Her little tree looked so pretty and well cared for along with the tokens that people have left.

Meghan,
Your story has touched my heart since the start. You are my daughters age and I worry about her EVERYDAY!!! I am so glad some aspects of your case got justice, but the rest will come in time- ChiMo's mess upand he will be caught again!!!

Hoping that your start is shing bright down on us- Twinkle your toes shiny dancer!!!!

I am watching this "Solved" now; as stated above it will be on several more times and probably on the internet somewhere. The show seems very well done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back