GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

Thank you. I was wondering if there was going to be a memorial walk this year. Unless something unexpected happens I'll be there.

I will keep everyone posted about the details for the walk when I get them. :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Memorial Walk will be held Saturday September 12, 2009. It will probably be just like last year but I think the route is going to change.

Also the trial is set to start on Monday the 14th (if they don't continue everything by then) and her parents are going to be there. If anyone would like to come out and support Meghan and her family during the trial, please do.

As soon as I hear about the exact times for the walk and other info I will let you know.

Justice for Meghan!

What time will the walk start? I really want to be there but have already committed myself to volunteering at the Out of the Darkness Walk at Mt. Trashmore. It benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. It'll be my third year volunteering and I can't miss it. I have to be at the park at 8:00 and it's over at noon.

I think I remember last year Meghan's walk was in the morning also.

Just in case anyone is interested, the Hicke hearing date has been changed. The new date is now October 13th. I think he is just dragging this thing out so he can stay out of jail longer (just my opinion).

New developments in Meghan's case!

The hearing has been moved from September 14th to September 1st.

I think the court is open to the public if anyone wants to attend (but I am not sure). Meghan's parents will be there and they are thinking about having her memorial walk that Saturday 9/4 (if they can get everything worked out). I think the hearing starts at 2:30 but if you are going, you might want to double check the time. :waitasec:

I will keep everyone posted about the memorial walk as soon as I find out.

Justice for Meghan!! We love you Meghan! :blowkiss:

Here is the latest on Meghan's walk:

WE WILL BE HOLDING A FINAL WALK FOR MEGHAN LANDOWSKI ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2009 AT 9AM. WE WILL LEAVE THE DANCE STUDIO PROMPTLY AT 9AM AND WALK TO PINECREST BAPTIST CHURCH (WHERE MEGHAN'S MEMORIAL TREE WAS PLANTED). WE WILL HAVE A PRAYER AND MOMENT OF SILENCE THERE AND THEN RETURN TO THE STUDIO. WE SHOULD BE BACK TO THE STUDIO AROUND 11AM! I ENCOURAGE ANYONE AND EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY TO PLEASE JOIN US!! PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE WHO YOU THINK MAY BE INTERESTED!!

DANCE EXPLOSION
757-488-6555
6243 PORTSMOUTH BLVD
KELLISDANCEXPLOSION

I'll be there. I wish I could attend the trial but unfortunately I have to work.

msnmegn, thank you so much for keeping us all informed.

Goodness, you're right. I was checking and nothing was on the news I thought it started today. Thank you. Prayers to Meghan's family on the eve of trial and hopefully Justice.

I understand he's going to be pleading guilty. I hope that is true and Meghan's family will have justice for their little girl without the pain of a trial. God bless Meghan and her family. If anyone is able to attend, please update us on the outcome.

We need to constantly keep the lines of communication open to our children, especially our young women. We need to constantly remind our young women that although they may see young men in an emotional sense, that young man only sees her in a physical sense. We need to keep it real because there are too many rapes and other crimes being committed by people with only one thing on their mind. My daughter might get angry when I question her, but eventually she gives in and it makes communicating a little better each time. Every time I think of this case, it just sickens me. Both these children seemed to have so much potential and a bright future ahead.

I agree and disagree. I have a son and daughter, and have been a teenage boy.

There were times as a teenager when I THOUGHT I was in love with a girl. In retrospect, I think it was more just my hormones - I don't see anything about those girls that I would find appealing as a developed adult. But they were attractive, and I was a hormone-raged young man. I had no perspective on my feelings, so I assumed it was love. In fairness, I never thought to rape a girl. But I probably thought about some pretty inappropriate stuff.

I think it's wrong to paint all boys as bad, and all girls as pristine. I'm not saying that's what you're implying, necessarily. But I would caution you to be careful with the message you present.

The message I will share with my daughter (she's two, so I won't be sharing it for at least twenty years :p) is that boys and girls are just different. She can't predict the actions of a boy by trying to think what she would do. It doesn't work that way. In my area now, kids don't seem to do a lot of one-on-one dating. I think that's best. Of course, kids don't always do what you think is best. But that's what I will encourage - always being with other people.

I'll say this. When I was a teenager, I thought about two things: sports, and sex (maybe in a slightly different order). I wouldn't want my daughter being alone with a boy like me. But I grew out of that, while I was still in my teens. Hence, I also wouldn't want my daughter being taught that men and boys are bad.

Being a teenager is both the best and worst time of your life.

sorry if the message came across to you the wrong way. True, a girl should not be afaid of dating/communicating with the opposite sex. My daughter was taught that just as she has female friends, she's also allowed to have male friends, and if they're really friends, they will be open with her and her family and respect who she is. It's all about respect, not a sexual relationship. We tell her all the time about giving and recieving respect. First and foremost, she has to respect herself by the way she dresses (she goes to the beach and wears a bathing suit), the things she does and the things she says. But either way, we as parents have to take up that issue with our own. And back to the subject at hand, has anyone heard anymore about the case?

Well, there you go. That's what happens when you read a year's worth of thread in a couple hours.

Although I am glad he will serve time, it only says a MAX of 42 years. In some states, that could be a year -20 years-up to the whole 42. He is a smart young man (book smart-not smart for BRUTALLY murdering Meghan) and will prob be a model prisoner and get out out early on parole. God forbid this happen, but in the news lately there are SEVERAL cases that happen, then the murderer turns right around and kills again. I am also glad Meghan's family will be spared anymore of what they already know. I am crying now, just realizing how brutal her murder really was. I wasnt aware of those details, or dont recall reading them before, and the emotions of this case have me sick to my stomach.

I would like to commend Meghan's mother for her empathy for this young man. Although he killed her baby, she does not speak bad about him, which shows a lot of strength. She found nice things to say about him, as it sounds like they were good friends at one time, and she must have known about him to comment in a positive way how she did. I know we arent to judge or hate, but I would have a hard time forgiving him- As a mother, I compliment her for her courageous statement.

God bless her whole family and may this trial bring some closure with the next to hopefully be over soon. This creep deserves much more time and hopefully the military won't be so leniant.

I live too far to be at her walk, but I will walk a mile that day in her honor. God bless all of you that have been here from the start with me- I know you all were friends with her and your supportis what has kept me here. I learned a lot about her and she is like my own kids- May she rest in peace. :angel::angel:

Chicogirl, I know you will be there in spirit. I'll try to take some pictures (better than the ones I took last year) and post them. I hope we have AT LEAST as many people as we did last year. If I had the money I would set up a scholarship or something for little girls that would like to go to Kelli's Dance Explosion. I think it would be a great tribute to Meghan.

So glad justice was served Portsmouth Police did a great job on this case...Why he did it who knows IMO Robert must be a socipath and if he had not been caught would have killed again...

jeepgirlva, will you be able to attend the walk Saturday? I know I'll be there and I think my sister will be too.

Why he did it who knows IMO Robert must be a socipath and if he had not been caught would have killed again...

He had the makings of a sociopath and Meghan was not the only person on his list. When the polioce confiscated his computer, there were other local girls that had similiar characteristics (hair color, talent, etc) as Meghan that appeared to be his "you're next" list. He had these these pics of these girls on his wall. I guess he was going to cross them off one at a time. Thank God the PPD got him before he got anyone else.

I feel that I am glad her Mom & Dad heard him admit he was the one who acted alone and killed her, but if he gets 42 years, he'll be right at 60 yrs old. Old enough to go out and do it again. I think he will not sit in jail and think about what he did to Meghan, I think he will sit in jail and ponder what or who he will do when he gets out. JMHO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holliday3
Back