Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we don't know if it was on the way home because we don;t know which part of the river they are searching! I am going on the part, nearest to Charlottesville.

I pray they find her! I have that surge too!

Which home?

1) Parents' home in Roanoke?

2) Harrisonburg where she was to stay Saturday night with friends enrolled at JMU?

3) Blacksburg, where she has an apartment while attending Va. Tech?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all for the updates on this search.

was thinking 3) but I looked again and I'm wrong

There is a river right under neath Rt 250, only a few miles from the Comfort Inn

Is the closest point of the Rivanna River (from JPJ) accessible by car? Or would it require a sturdier vehicle?
TIA.

By car yes. But it looks as though they are searching the river. close to the Comfort Inn, which is a small river, really just a branch of the big Rivanna River.

Interestingly, if you follow the RR tracks from copley Rd... it crosses the river near the Comfort Inn area over by I64 & HWY 250

ah, was looking around that site someone posted on here yesterday. Was totally confused, but did see the recent notes from this week....one of them was across the railroad tracks or something like that, iirc. Was that also the one that said Its ok to cry, T?
Weird.
This, the girls last nite, baby Shannon...everything coming to a head....we need some downtime. I hope nothing new happens.

Also facebook poster says they are searching the Pantop Mountain area in Albermarle County, after receiving a tip in the Morgan Harrington case.The search area is concentrated near a construction site at Martha Jefferson Hospital.

By car yes. But it looks as though they are searching the river. close to the Comfort Inn, which is a small river, really just a branch of the big Rivanna River.

From what I can figure from reading on FB, the search is of the area behind State Farm Boulevard, close to the Comfort Inn that was searched earlier, close to a river (maybe just a fork of the Rivanna), close to the intersection of I-64 and state route 250 east of Charlottesville. I'd say 5-6 miles from JPJ and in the other direction from Harrisonburg, Roanoke, and Blacksburg.

Search "state farm boulevard" on google maps and you can see the rough area where I think the search is taking place. Not much there but woods.

Neither NBC29, nor the Hook, nor the Daily Progress have posted any details yet.

A FB sleuther is at the site of one of the searches and has said cops are pointing at something and NBC29 in on the scene.

so days of nothing and now they're searching 3 different places the same day

A FB sleuther is at the site of one of the searches and has said cops are pointing at something and NBC29 in on the scene.

Aha-she's one of ours-a big WSer, not telling who ;)

Someone else on HFMDH FB page mentioned CNN reported a massive search being conducted.

our sleuther says at the hotel now and police is everywhere and nbc29 is there

Please dear God, find her! Everyone should say a prayer right now:) Maybe we'll get through!

if they're searching 2 or 3 places does this mean they're just following on all the leads and that there might not necessarily be a big break after all

FB reports talking about an ice cream stand right near the search. That sent major chills up my spine. Previously I considered the idea and then thought it more likely that NK was just a lonely wacko, now I feel the reality might be very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nebbiolo