Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks wadahoot-I saw that by following websleuths on twitter :)

So we don't know if their hineys were pampered they could be quite rough and rugged hiney's we don't really know.

This might require more :sleuth:

:angel:

I really don't think there is anything at all in hippy man JMO

link is not complete but it's to Blink's page :) ...

the happy hippie, I was sitting here wondering why I had heard that before. I remember now. This is a man who follows "drug bands" (as I call them) around. I dated a guy once who loved "The String Cheese Incident" (I hated the music, and did not date guy for long, lol!) and this is where the name is from. From the boards all these people post on about the bands, going to see them, the drugs (lots of drugs of every kind), sex and rock n' roll. A lot of kids in smaller areas, such as Radford, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, follow these bands. A lot of them get mixed up in all sorts of things, they are young, impressionable on drugs, and hoping for the free sex, no taxes hippy life, as you can imagine, some don't fair so well, it can become a life long high and no real income. So, there may be something to checking out this crew that blink mentions. Just my two cents.

ETA: As I recall, the happy hippie was always in arguments on those boards, so who knows?

Ok... so after reading all the posts from last night, combined with what we heard on the news...let's do a recap..

The Police have said her friends are cooperating, parents say they had nothing to do with it and are frusturated with suspicions, because it take the focus off finding Morgan.

The Police refuse to answer any questions about her bring drunk/high, so maybe they know something but aren't releasing it.

The Police say her injury was very minimal, which is why they didn't release it earlier.

The police told a HLN reporters, via email, that at this found foul play isn't suspected (see my post from 4:30PM ish EST)

LE keeps asking if anyone saw her get in a car, so maybe they suspect she was transported somehwere.

College kid from VA Tech, tells web sleuthing mom that she was drunk and fell in the river (although she isn't certain, thats the vibe on campus)

We don't know if the search yesterday turned up anything.

JPJ has a ZERO Tolerance on Re-Admitting anyone EVEN WITH A TICKET STUB! (sorry to throw that in but we have "expert detectives" on NG and HLN still asking why she couldn't get back in..drives me nuts!)

*I just wanted to do this because a lot of speculation is mis guided on here as fact...so wanted to recap.*

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS MORGAN?!

I missed the story about her falling into a river. I am checking with a friend that knows the river really well to see if he can think of a place that she might have been that is near/on the river.

Regarding the posting by MBLover which asked "Why not use Noreen Renier - one of the best psychic around who has a proven track record. She lives in the general vicinity of UVA and even taught at UVA."

Noreen Renier has a track record alright, and its a 30-year record of paranormal exaggerations and deceptions. Her psychic foresight is so bad she is presently in her second bankruptcy in 10 years and she lost a Washington federal court case brought by her principal critic in 2006 (after telling a reporter she would win!) and then the same U.S. District court ordered a judgment against her in 2007. Though she has for years on her web site claimed to be an "adjunct faculty member" with "teaching appointments" from major colleges and universities including the University of Virginia (and also the University of Delaware, and the University of Florida among many), MBLover obviously didn't bother to check the facts.

Calls made to these major academic centers reveal she was never an accredited faculty member, faculty associate or even faculty assistant. Among the official adjunct faculty member listings throughout all of the accredited departments across these universities there are no listings for Noreen Renier. None. Ever. SHE NEVER TAUGHT ANY ACCREDITED COURSES ANYWHERE AND NEVER WAS AN ADJUNCT FACULTY MEMBER!

Not surprisingly Renier herself also has no four year degree --- much less any college teaching degree --- from any accredited college or university. It's not even clear whether she has a U.S. high-school degree!

For an overview on a 3-year investigation of her claims --- and there are many --- see the commercial-free, CPI Admitted web site http://www.amindformurder.com/

I was going to ignore this post at first...but something kept nudging me

First off - one of the rules at WS is that it's fine to attack the post but not the poster - which P & G obviously did (part bolded by me).

Second - It appears that P & G is a Newbie having posted once - and picked the post I had made to go after. This person CHOOSE to go after Noreen Renier and not offer anything up as far as support or kind words or anything of that nature for MH.

Third - P & G offered a rather lengthy web-site that proceeds to bash Noreen Renier. As you will note from this website - this is totally directed towards NR and at no other psychics - which gives the appearance of this being personal for P & G.

I do not know NR, I have never met NR. I have visited her web-site, saw her on several tv programs and have read her book. There was a post put out by someone suggesting the use of a psychic and I offered up NR's name since she is in the area.

It was just a suggestion - it was not meant that the parents of MH should contact NR just because of my suggestion - but merely something thrown out there that might be of help.

Obviously there's lots of people who do not believe in psychics or the use of them or in astrology or forensic astrology - and that is fine if that is what they believe. However, there are some people who do believe in this for various reasons and when LE and family seem to be out of options - what's it going to hurt.

Add: I or anyone else can put out a web-site and have it say anything I want it to...Doesn't mean it's true... As well as phone calls...I could say I sat and called people all day to verify info...doesn't mean I did it...

The police told a HLN reporters, via email, that at this found foul play isn't suspected (see my post from 4:30PM ish EST)

Did they make the email public? I still think the reporter somehow has this wrong b/c no one else is reporting it and I think it would be big news and other people would be on this. I check HLN site and there is currently no mention of this so I think it may not be accurate.

It could be that the email said we have no evidence of foul play, which is something they have said all along. And the reporter spun it (intentionally or unintentionally) to say we don't suspect foul play. I think this is the most likely explanation.

My friend said there are very few places to access the river and that most are not easily accessible from Charlottesville. He is not aware of anywhere on the river where college students party or hang out. He also checked the river levels for that week and the river was about 2.5 feet high...not very high at all. In his opinion - anything is possible, but he finds this highly unlikely.

i have just been sitting here thinking about the no foul play concept... so just for a bit pondering what she could be doing somewhere. nothing comes to mind. do you suppose that the "no foul play" is just an attempt to bait someone to come forward with a supposed accident scenario? im lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko